Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

It would make more sense later on if we get to see Sato agonizing over having to give Shio's sock to the boy, if only for a few panels. For simplicity's sake, Sato probably gave the real one.

What I meant to say was that I could imagine her going about this another way xP Getting him familiar/addicted to her scent and existence instead of Shio's so that she can have a certain control over his trauma of women and insert other twisted reasons.

I can imagine Satou giving a sock Shio had never touched, but she might not have a problem with Mitsuboshi having her sock after all. She doesn't seem to care about other people loving Shio as much as she cares about Shio loving other people - when she heard Asahi repeat the vow she's been saying with Shio all this time, she almost ended him on the spot, but she never had that reaction to Mitsuboshi. The difference seems to be that Asahi's interactions with Shio were mutual, whereas Mitsuboshi only has this one-sided worship. Of course, it could be that she hates Mitsuboshi as well and is planning on murdering him once she's through using him.

The really twisted thing to do would be to give Mitsuboshi her aunt's sock. He'd just die on the spot if he ever found out.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

So with this chapter onword we will be using magazine scans(since we're past released volumes). Sorry if there is any show through, if you'd like to help remove it contact us or If you'd like to help fund buying the mag please vist our website - waterflamescans.net

Concerning show through, there's a trick that can virtually eliminate it, even from magazine scans. Just put a black piece of paper behind the page being scanned. That makes all of the show through uniformly dark (no pattern of the image on the back of the page) so that after leveling it completely disappears. This works with color scans as well as black and white. I learned this trick the hard way, but verified it elsewhere after I figured it out.

A good enough scanner may also reduce it enough to not be noticeable. I use a dedicated scanner now, not a printer scanner.

One caveat, if the paper is low enough quality (has enough thin spots) the ink can actually bleed through from the back in those thin spots giving you a dot pattern of the show through no matter what you do.

last edited at May 6, 2017 11:54PM

1233002_441022672703684_1731716432827865296_o_4
joined Dec 3, 2016

So with this chapter onword we will be using magazine scans(since we're past released volumes). Sorry if there is any show through, if you'd like to help remove it contact us or If you'd like to help fund buying the mag please vist our website - waterflamescans.net

Concerning show through, there's a trick that can virtually eliminate it, even from magazine scans. Just put a black piece of paper behind the page being scanned. That makes all of the show through uniformly dark (no pattern of the image on the back of the page) so that after leveling it completely disappears. This works with color scans as well as black and white. I learned this trick the hard way, but verified it elsewhere after I figured it out.

A good enough scanner may also reduce it enough to not be noticeable. I use a dedicated scanner now, not a printer scanner.

One caveat, if the paper is low enough quality (has enough thin spots) the ink can actually bleed through from the back in those thin spots giving you a dot pattern of the show through no matter what you do.

Yeah... sadly I've already been using the black paper trick... but the paper is pretty low quality(not as bad as Tatoe mind you... but low quality non the less)

Avinyan
joined Mar 1, 2015

I feel like Sato, being overly possessive and all, would be put off by anyone else having anything to do with Shio. So I imagine that she gave an old sock of her own or crafted one similar enough to trick him. I wouldn't even be surprised if she smelled just like Shio at this point. If Sato is crazy enough, and the boy isn't crazy enough to magically know if the scent belongs to Shio, Sato could use her scent on the sock to get him familiar/addicted to her scent/existence instead as he keeps indulging himself with the sock (if they don't smell 100% the same, that is).

But that's a convoluted plan so maybe she just sacrificed the sock after weighing the pluses and minuses of getting him knee deep into trouble with her. It's manga so if people are crazy enough, they'll immediately recognize the scent of the people they're obsessed with by manga law even if they haven't been in contact with them for long periods of time. I hope she didn't sacrifice the sock though!

I really really really think it is just one of her socks rather a Shio's one, mainly because Sato decided "to respect Shio all the time", which might extend to this as well. If anything, even if that weren't the motivation, Sato would feel so bitter about him "smelling" her precious Shio that would be enough to don't do it. By other hand it is not like she does mind about her own stuff.

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

The power of loli, it's over 9000. Anyhow, I really hope Sato and her bff be friends again. I feel like Sato needs it.

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Happy Sugar Life TVCM voiced by Kana Hanazawa voicing as Sato.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1pnGEmqlVw

joined Oct 10, 2016

Now I understand why it is such a great manga. If Square Enix put fingers in it...

SuffererFangirl
joined Sep 18, 2016

This means Happy Sugar Life will have an anime, drama cd or something? Anyway, just by having this I'm happy. I love this manga, Sato and Kana.

Sharkexpert12
2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Now I understand why it is such a great manga. If Square Enix put fingers in it...

They also made the abomination of a boss fight in 11(I think) that took a full day. So I'm not so sure how I feel about them.

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

This means Happy Sugar Life will have an anime, drama cd or something? Anyway, just by having this I'm happy. I love this manga, Sato and Kana.

Well Kakegurui also got a TVCM in 2016 and now a year later it's anime will air this summer so their is a high change that Sugar Life will get a adaption in 2018

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

I'm just jump read to 19 chap and don't about this onii-san, maybe I'll reread it again

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

I'm just jump read to 19 chap and don't about this onii-san, maybe I'll reread it again

I think onii-san is the room's owner

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

and those bags full of something too.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

I'm just jump read to 19 chap and don't know about this onii-san, maybe I'll reread it again

and those bags full of something too.

Maybe that is his corpse?

last edited at Aug 9, 2017 9:16AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's raining yanderes.

Dead ones, happy ones, crazy ones, young ones, all at different levels of insanity.

And at the center of all of them... Shio-chan.

Probably the ultimate yandere.

last edited at Aug 9, 2017 10:13AM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

So.. onii-san was a yandere too ... lol, this is just awesome, never seen so many disturbed people in one single manga. I LOVE this

last edited at Aug 9, 2017 10:22AM

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Just read chapter 19, WELL THEN. Guess we know who's apartment that is now.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Just read chapter 19, WELL THEN. Guess we know who's apartment that is now.

And out of nowhere too. There was that in media res beginning that had up till now been a complete mystery, and then after all the build-up last volume making us think it was her aunt's corpse in the bag, it's suddenly cleared up in a flashback with no warning whatsoever.

This author loves jerking us around. And you know, I don't mind it one bit.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

It's like she has an aura of madness, attracting and empowering the madness of those near her... or she really needs to move to another city because everyone in this one is insane.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Guys...guys....

What if we create a manga that consists of a manipulative masochist, a lolicon, a siscon, a lesbian yander... wait, make it two lesbian yanderes... an abusive parent and a bunch of mentally unstable side characters?

And to make it edgy, let's call it something along the like of Happy Candy Sugar Friend or something along the like....

Best idea ever

PS: am I the only one rofl at the "Young Ganga is printed on something that only can be described as recycled single ply toilet paper"? :D

last edited at Aug 9, 2017 11:32AM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

She sounds so sweet and nice, must sound awesome when going yandere mode <3

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Ah, it's great to see Sato legitimately murder someone for once. Seeing her manipulate people is cool too and all, but I don't read yandere stories for the blackmail and manipulation and all that, I read them for the cold-blooded murder. I can only hope she kills more people as the story goes on. Aside from Shio, Shouko, and that other lesbian yandere, I think everyone else is pretty much fair game.

I thought it was pretty clever that we could never actually see what that artist dude looked like; the contrast between the crazy love cult and Sato's own crazy love was pretty interesting too, I think. I wonder how she'd react though if she learned that the girl who helped "reform" her or whatever is actually a psychotic, murderous pedophile... I mean, to be frank, no matter how insane and restricted and whatever else the love cult's version of "true love" may be, it has to beat out pedophilia, right?

last edited at Aug 9, 2017 4:31PM

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

We've finally seen Sato murder someone and I still can't help rooting for her. Shio is like catnip for unstable people, she needs a yandere bodyguard just to be safe.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Minutoh posted:

Ah, it's great to see Sato legitimately murder someone for once. Seeing her manipulate people is cool too and all, but I don't read yandere stories for the blackmail and manipulation and all that, I read them for the cold-blooded murder.

I dunno that that counts as cold-blooded murder. Guy was clearly going to attack Shio so Sato was fairly justified even if murder is too far.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Minutoh posted:

Ah, it's great to see Sato legitimately murder someone for once. Seeing her manipulate people is cool too and all, but I don't read yandere stories for the blackmail and manipulation and all that, I read them for the cold-blooded murder.

I dunno that that counts as cold-blooded murder. Guy was clearly going to attack Shio so Sato was fairly justified even if murder is too far.

Yup, this.
Lol, the only murder we know of so far has been committed because the one person she trusted/thought she could trust and went to see after finding Shio, immediately tried to kill her.
But damn though, everyone's expression of 'love' is pretty extreme/psychotic. I wonder if it's "just cus plot", or if there's something about Shio/Sato that brings people to such extremes. Like, rather than a setting like Murcielago where there's a bunch of serial killers loose, there just happens to be a bunch of emotionally unstable and affection thirsty people in her uh social circle.
(Though the manager lady's affections targeted young men, it wasn't about directly about Sato)

To reply you must either login or sign up.