Forum › Posts by Minutoh

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Didn’t Lin-Ran like Botan or Ibuki before (I forget which one, but I think it was Botan), or am I remembering this incorrectly? I guess she moved on quickly though like Gujou if I actually did remember that correctly.

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Feels like a super abbreviated version of another manga I read once. Basically, the femme is jealous (and maybe a little resentful) of the butch's semi-successful manga and upset at her own lack of success.

Maybe even a little implication that she's growing up now and that she always expected this to have to happen.

What’s the other manga you read called? It seems pretty interesting.

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Oh okay, I didn’t realize that, so that definitely makes more sense. since Nagisa is anemone, I’ll have to find out what everyone else is as represented as. Thanks!

Here you go: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/anemone_is_in_heat_ch24_5#11

That’s really interesting. Thanks! I’ll try to figure out what these mean for everyone and all.

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

It’s been over 2 years, and I still don’t understand why this is called Anemone is in Heat. I guess I’m missing something here. The series itself is still as good as ever though.

I'm pretty sure it's a reference to flower language (anemones symbolizing anticipation and a reminder to enjoy the moment, at least according to google searches). I'm pretty sure the "heat" in the title is intended as deep romantic love, not the animalistic sexuality it usually means. (Maybe something got lost in translation there, can't say for sure.)

Ah that makes more sense. I thought it was talking about sea anemone, so the flower obviously makes more sense haha. I can definitely see how anticipation and a reminder to enjoy the moment relates here. That in heat part was throwing me off too, but it definitely makes sense if it means it in that way. Thanks!

Basically all of them are represented. by a flower. Nagisa is anemone

Oh okay, I didn’t realize that, so that definitely makes more sense. since Nagisa is anemone, I’ll have to find out what everyone else is as represented as. Thanks!

last edited at Apr 25, 2023 11:46PM

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

It’s been over 2 years, and I still don’t understand why this is called Anemone is in Heat. I guess I’m missing something here. The series itself is still as good as ever though.

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Based on the Finger Licking tag, I thought the joke was gonna be “looks like seggs but no it’s ‘only’ finger licking.” It seems the real joke is “looks like seggs but no it’s ‘only’ finger licking but no it’s actually real seggs.”

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Based on the Finger Licking tag, I thought the joke was gonna be “looks like seggs but no it’s ‘only’ finger licking.” It seems the real joke is “looks like seggs but no it’s ‘only’ finger licking but no it’s actually real seggs.”

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I feel like cosplaying as a magical girl or whatever would be the opposite of a dealbreaker for a yuri otaku… but I guess Haruka just wanted to embarrass her anyway.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I don’t know much about Touhou, but aren’t Maribel and Renko not from Gensokyo? Is this an alternate universe thing then since Aya and Hatate are there too? Anyway, this was pretty good and, I guess, a unique concept too, so that was interesting.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I liked the story, but I’m not sure how this relates to the title at all. I mean, she called her an angel at some point, but that’s pretty much the only thing I could find that was even kinda related to the title. I was thinking the yuri goddess would be helping out or something.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Zanka’s writing is clearly evolving since there are two maids instead of just one.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

This is definitely relatable. I will definitely miss my student discounts when I graduate in a week, that's for damn sure...

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Damn, I didn't know White Sun Scans apparently shut down or whatever you'd call it. What happened to them?

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

If you find it interesting, you should know that this author has an ongoing serialized work https://mangadex.org/title/efbe8420-9c1a-4f06-8a81-f52f19b8eb34/yoarashi-ni-warau disclaimer... lots of hard bullying involved

This one-shot was pretty ridiculous, but, I mean, now, this Yoarashi no Warau thing is just completely absurd… looking forward to more for sure. I don’t know why only the first, fifth, and sixth chapters are translated, but, alright, I guess I’ll wait for the second one then.

last edited at Mar 4, 2022 9:33PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I read the webcomic version up to the latest chapter I could find, and I was still reading this 'cause I thought it slightly was different... but now I finally see that this is literally the same thing but redrawn and all and apparently with some extra pages. Alright, I finally get that now after too long, but... what is the Magazine version on Mangadex? It's separate from the Serialization version, and it actually seems pretty different. I didn't understand what was happening before, and then I did, and now I don't understand again haha.

See the first post of this thread for a graphic of how the volume chapters (which this follows) relate to the web/magazine chapters and the previous scanlator's numbering.

I did see that graphic, but I was still confused since it seems like Magazine Chapter 1 is supposed to be the start of the story. So there's just ten chapters of the web comic, and then they get introduced to each other again?? I guess that's not really too ridiculous for this story since she forgets that Hiyama loves her every chapter so far... well, I get it now, that does make more more sense. At least I finally actually understand what's going on now. I don't really know where I am in the "true story" now since I read both the web version and the magazine version separately, but I'll just wait for the rest of the official version to be translated then (or reread them in this order maybe?) Thanks for the help!

last edited at Feb 14, 2022 8:40AM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Well, I'm sad that this apparently got cancelled and all, but at least we've got Teren Mikami's two other yuri stories that are essentially the same thing as this but a little different with the whole “I don’t want a lover I just want a friend but oh shit she wants to be my lover” setup.. well, the other two are pretty similar, but this one's a lot more distinct. I preferred this one since I liked the unique premise, but those two are based on LNs, right? I guess they probably won't be axed then...

last edited at Feb 16, 2022 1:51AM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I read the webcomic version up to the latest chapter I could find, and I was still reading this 'cause I thought it slightly was different... but now I finally see that this is literally the same thing but redrawn and all and apparently with some extra pages. Alright, I finally get that now after too long, but... what is the Magazine version on Mangadex? It's separate from the Serialization version, and it actually seems pretty different. I didn't understand what was happening before, and then I did, and now I don't understand again haha.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I’m kinda confused about why Houzuki even did all of in the first place… I’m not sure how she met Hina either, but I guess we’re not really supposed to know that. Anyway, it doesn’t seem like Houzuki’s getting any money from Hina or anything, so is she just so lonely she tricked some random little kid into falling in love with her or did I miss something here?

last edited at Jan 27, 2022 1:32AM

Minutoh
VAMPEERZ discussion 08 Nov 02:05
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Did Sakuya just make that random girl into a Lilu...? I don't remember if there are any other prerequisites or whatever (there probably are), but it seems like a weird thing to do ten pages after she was like "DON'T DO THAT TO ICHIKA..." though that's probably a special circumstance and all.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

What is this "Scarier Than Any Ghost" thing that's mentioned in the credits page? I'm sure it'll be here soon, but the title alone is interesting enough and I can't find anything about it.

Minutoh
Image Comments 02 Nov 16:04
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016
Fbgficavqakfw3r-orig

What is this a reference to anyway? I think I’ve seen the original meme somewhere before, but I don’t know what it’s called… I think anything I could look up would go really NSFW really quickly anyway.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

This author isn't in the habit of doling out bad endings, so this is looking really enjoyable in the future with the usual spots of dumb-ass trouble.

It seems that this author also isn't in the habit of doling out yuri endings based on the two other actual manga up here... I'm sure it'll be different for this one since it's much more direct from the very first chapter, but reading this suddenly reminded me that I waited so long for Riko and Haru after the "I WANT TO BE YOUR MATTRESS" scene and then nothing happened (the long wait was because of Yuri Project and not Hijiki, but, yeah, and that's understandable since translating is a thankless job). I'm not sure if that or Ayakashiko were officially marketed as yuri, but Hijiki has still hurt me two too many times. There's more progress in the first page of this manga than there was in both of them combined though, and I do love Hijiki's manga, so I'm definitely gonna keep reading since I'm sure Hijiki won't do that three times in a row.

Minutoh
Naturies discussion 19 Jul 22:06
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I thought the fairy tale thing was a metaphor at first and then I realized it's not and then I thought it was again when that flashback happened that was like "You're not Alice" and then I realized it's not again. All in all, I'm probably just dumb since it threw me for a loop so many times, but it was a fun and interesting story. Also, people already mentioned these, but I laughed so much at the "heterosexual relationship" thing and when the Cheshire Cat said there's an impostor among us... my humor really is just destroyed. ALSO, I thought the Prince was gonna be a girl and she'd hook up with Snow and Red would start dating Alice, but that was obviously completely wrong.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

She called her senpai... how'd she know...?

I hope the twist will be that she actually recognized her from the beginning. I don't know why she would pretend like she doesn't know, but, well, I can always just say it's some anime BS.