Forum › Posts by waterflame

waterflame
1233002_441022672703684_1731716432827865296_o_4
joined Dec 3, 2016

So with this chapter onword we will be using magazine scans(since we're past released volumes). Sorry if there is any show through, if you'd like to help remove it contact us or If you'd like to help fund buying the mag please vist our website - waterflamescans.net

Concerning show through, there's a trick that can virtually eliminate it, even from magazine scans. Just put a black piece of paper behind the page being scanned. That makes all of the show through uniformly dark (no pattern of the image on the back of the page) so that after leveling it completely disappears. This works with color scans as well as black and white. I learned this trick the hard way, but verified it elsewhere after I figured it out.

A good enough scanner may also reduce it enough to not be noticeable. I use a dedicated scanner now, not a printer scanner.

One caveat, if the paper is low enough quality (has enough thin spots) the ink can actually bleed through from the back in those thin spots giving you a dot pattern of the show through no matter what you do.

Yeah... sadly I've already been using the black paper trick... but the paper is pretty low quality(not as bad as Tatoe mind you... but low quality non the less)

waterflame