Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Eusebe
joined May 26, 2015

Ahah don't worry, you look reasonable ^^

One has to take decision and smell the winds sometimes.

Note that in some future, I will also add the possibility to "roughly" translate directly on the webtoons, in a format that is importable in photoshop (that is the program my team uses for typesetting).
Since it is simply html "on top" of the raws, it is therefore only available through the script ^^ (if you so chose to publish your translation script in the first place, which we probably won't).
Here's a prototype that can give you a rough (ah!) idea:
http://static.oddsquad.org/others/bubbling-prototype.html
Just click 4 times on a bubble (once on top, once, bottom, once left, once right). This will add an html bubble whose content you can edit. You can change the form and color of the bubble. This prototype is very basic, as you cannot add translator's notes (which is another kind of "bubble", nor comments), nor can you edit the dimensions afterward, nor rotate etc...
For my team, the purpose of that thing is to allow translators to translate directly on the manga (not using an intermediary text file, less switching), and to allow typesetters to directly import the translation in photoshop (no copy pasting and placing the bubbles). Allowing people to read the "rough" translation is just a byproduct. It's faster.

Best regards.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I understand none of what you have said, but it sounds awesome.

Jrdp reminding me of me.

Edit: you know when the blue bar at the top of the screen gets part way for a few seconds, and you spend them all agonising over thy typo you just saw?

last edited at May 26, 2015 9:31PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Haha, aw, that was resolved really sweetly. Yay for nice peoples!

[P.S. @jdrp, that's nothing. :) Tbh, when I was super stressed, I went off on some poor sap on a random forum about capital punishment....goodness. Let's just say I was far less cordial.]

Finally, Doonge I love you. Literally. [well maybe not literally] I wish I could learn coding half as well, but thank you so much for everything. :3

Jaismot
joined May 26, 2015

Sooo, it's time for me to say thank you to you people who work so hard for a reading lurker like me !

This Overtooning (sweet name) is like space magic for me, Thanks a lot for this Doonge! O.O
Halmoni, I really appreciate your side comments on your translation, there are really enjoyable. Thank you so much for translating Fluttering Feelings in such a short time after the release, It's so good to read regularly a slow pace story like this. Thank you ;___;
Also, thank you Kyra, d.d.d, Cold, QCO or other typesetter to put translation and images together, because reading side by side on comico and pastebin isn't too much trouble, but it's always agreeable to read the whole normally. /o/

Annnd, to show how much I care for this webcomic, Some fan-art from me:

Trying to interpret Seol-a and No-rae with my own pen. >.>

"...hard for me."

Hope you will enjoy it, >.>

(Sorry for my terrible english OTL)

joined Jan 31, 2015

Jaismot:

Annnd, to show how much I care for this webcomic, Some fan-art from me:

Trying to interpret Seol-a and No-rae with my own pen. >.>

"...hard for me."

(Rehosted the above images.)

NIIICE

I really like the drastically different art style, especially in the second image.

Jaismot:

The only thing you should be sorry about is saying sorry.

Wait, what?

Honnêtement, tu parles euh... écris parfaitement l'anglais.

last edited at May 29, 2015 1:52AM

Kuchiki_rukia__coloreado__by_rukiiyoruchan-d64cu3w
joined Dec 4, 2014

@Jaismot :

Beautiful art! Did you by any chance drew one of "Life Is Strange"? I reckon one of the fanart I saw has the same style.

@anonymous :

Oh wow, I would never have expected to read French in here.

Je me demande combien de francophones visitent le site et voir même contribuent aux différentes discussion...etc.

last edited at May 27, 2015 1:14AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Jaismot

"...hard for me."

This piece effing rules!! Automatically saved!!

Totally did! ;)

Terribly fine English if you ask me. No need to apologize. Hell, it's a lot better than some "native" speakers that I've come across so no worries there ;)

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Jaismot

"...hard for me."

This piece effing rules!! Automatically saved!!

+1

I love the color and style! Great art Jaismot!

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Just as a note, you cannot buy comico points unless you have a Korean credit card. So international fans are out of luck in this case.

RipStick

Well this just seems ridiculously complicated and unnecessary.

How much traffic will ONE scanlator generate for his Comico page in three days?

On second thought maybe it's not worth bothering with this community or this comic >_<

I sincerely hope that most, if not all fans, visit the original comico chapter pages at least once. I mean, reading the raws with my translations isn't that difficult (I hope). But I think releasing the imgur stuff after the 3 day limit is up is a reasonable suggestion. I just want Ssamba to get as many hits on comico as possible, whether it's a significant amount or not. The super fast typeset drafts have only been a recent thing, so I'm sure it wouldn't kill people to wait a little. But if this is the sort of disrespectful attitude you're willing to take towards FF and Ssamba, then I'd actually prefer it if people like you didn't read it in the first place.

@Jaismot
YOUR ART IS BEAUTIFUL FF FANS ARE SO TALENTED OH MY GOODNESSSSSS
And your English is fine! :D

@Doonge
You da man. Your prototype program looks awesome! That would be so convenient for translators. Yeah comico is weird with the whole "only free for 3-days" thing. But this only applies to Korean comico; the Japanese comico FF chapters are all free, and there is no time limit.

joined May 10, 2015

@jrdp_18
I'll be emailing my roughs as usual(do whatever you want with it, imgur or whatever) and I'll still be posting a link here too.

I'll let other smart people to think about Samba's read counts since I don't know anything about programs. I'm only doing what I can that I think is helping to promote FF. That's why my rough is fast and quick with little to no redraws because they're just quick 1-hour or so typeset roughs. It's purely just to get people addicted to the flutters lol

That said, I'm only doing it now because it's summer holiday. I don't think that I'll have time to do it once summer holiday is done.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Honestly I'm laughing so much right now. But I'm not sure why.

Guys, do you rebember that time when we had ONLY text and no rough typeset for a LONG time (and not only for 1 chapter)? Do you?

Now, because there are people who do this, readers got used to get TS right away. And sometimes I think some of them just demanding to have it right away. Any dealy for them is unforgivable. Like, seriously? You really can't wait 3 days? 3 days?

People who want to read this right away can use Kyra's version (and honestly it's not that hard to make a bookmark version ). If someone doesn't have access to comico - you really can't wait 3 days for TS? (especially if you have Halmoni's text and raws are floating around... you know where)

last edited at May 27, 2015 3:36AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Jaismot

Lol, these are some lovely pieces <3 instead of being sorry, you should be proud!You don't need to know any language, your art is just enough to convey your thoughts :)

last edited at May 27, 2015 3:40AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

@anonymous :

Oh wow, I would never have expected to read French in here.

Je me demande combien de francophones visitent le site et voir même contribuent aux différentes discussion...etc.

Nice fan art, Indeed.

Super secret French world domination messages below.

Je ne vois pas pourquoi vous êtes surpris les amis, la France est un des meilleur sinon le meilleur pays de l'ouest quand il en vient au mangas en term de volume et varietė de titre, en tant que francophone du Quėbec je remercie le spaghetti monster de m'avoir vut naître dans la francophonie et de pouvoir avoir accès a beaucoup plus de contenu que la plupart des autres fan de mangas

Si vous regardes les clicks sur les sites aggregators et la plupart des sites contenu manga vous allez cous rendre contre que le US est premier en volume et que souvent c'est la France ou le Canada qui est deuxième en troisième.

last edited at May 27, 2015 5:01AM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

@Jaismot
Damn' your art is beautiful. That "...hard for me" is brilliant. I really love your colouring style, and the shading. It's awesome!

Kuchiki_rukia__coloreado__by_rukiiyoruchan-d64cu3w
joined Dec 4, 2014

FF seems to attract a ton of drama, from the realistic (and non realistic) storyline debate, to the 3 days wait decision... it's like we can't catch a break and it's honestly disheartening to read, but if anything it does show that people are really passionate about this manhwa and that's a good thing.

I worked for 10 years in a very popular French scanlation team and I can understand some of the concerns here (mangafox non authorized uploads, wanting for the author to get more hits...etc.), but IMHO I think it's pointless, nothing will stop people from typesetting and proving their work right after the translation is done and nothing will stop mangafox from uploading the stuff. It's a lost battle.

You cannot force people to go to comico or to "heart" each chapter, we can only hope that the fans do it to support the author.

This debate reminds me of gaming piracy, some people don't have the money to buy the games even if they want to or live in countries where CC are hard to come by... But others just don't care about supporting the devs and will pirate no matter what. Nothing will stop piracy, it's all up to people's ethics.

I can honestly say that when I was a teen and didn't have money, I pirated games and whatnot, but now as an adult my steam/manga libraries are huge.

So yeah, people will go to comico and "heart" if they want to and it's pointless to try and "force" them to do otherwise. Anyway, I know I'll always check comico and "heart" the chapters, just to feel like I'm supporting ssamba a little bit, ya know?

@Evilnemesis :

Je ne suis pas étonnée qu'il y ait des fans de mangas francophones, mais plutôt d'en croiser dans un forum anglophone. Tu sais que contrairement aux québecois, les français ont la réputation d'être anglophobes... Et bah c'est vrai! Franchement j'aime pas les stéréotypes, mais dans ce cas précis c'est justifié, le meilleur moyen de rendre quelqu'un vraiment mal à l'aise c'est de lui demander de parler en anglais, c'est limite de la torture psychologique. le pire reste quand même le fait que les gens se moquent de toi si tu montres un quelconque intéret à apprendre ou parler l'anglais.

Que se soit à l'époque où j'étais étudiante ou maintenant au taff, je peux te dire que les mentalités n'ont vraiment pas changées.

last edited at May 27, 2015 12:40PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

@Evilnemesis :

Je ne suis pas étonnée qu'il y ait des fans de mangas francophones, mais plutôt d'en croiser dans un forum anglophone. Tu sais que contrairement aux québecois, les français ont la réputation d'être anglophobes... Et bah c'est vrai! Franchement j'aime pas les stéréotypes, mais dans ce cas précis c'est justifié, le meilleur moyen de rendre quelqu'un vraiment mal à l'aise c'est de lui demander de parler en anglais, c'est limite de la torture psychologique. le pire reste quand même le fait que les gens se moquent de toi si tu montres un quelconque intéret à apprendre ou parler l'anglais.

Que se soit à l'époque où j'étais étudiante ou maintenant au taff, je peux te dire que les mentalités n'ont vraiment pas changées.

I'll be replying in English just because.

France is a funny beast. I know what you speak of when you say there's a lot of anglophobia. But at the same time, France ( of today ) is notorious for using anglicisms and just not translating or adaptating new words especially in stuff like technology. French dubs from France is one example of this kind thing. My mother as a translator also has the same experience, when she proofreads France based texts the project managers always apologize for the bad French and keep in mind for which market it is.

Y'know while typing this a thought occured to me. France is an elitist and a tsundere. France is literally a rich, blonde, twin tails, tsundere ojou-sama.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Honestly I'm laughing so much right now. But I'm not sure why.

Guys, do you rebember that time when we had ONLY text and no rough typeset for a LONG time (and not only for 1 chapter)? Do you?

Yes. I used to clean out the roughs myself (at work) and copypaste halmony's translation in later. The good old days. Long time ago. If I remember correctly almost 5 weeks!

Now, because there are people who do this, readers got used to get TS right away. And sometimes I think some of them just demanding to have it right away. Any delay for them is unforgivable. Like, seriously? You really can't wait 3 days? 3 days?

Internet reduced the memoryspan of some people to that of a goldfish, so what else is new. I have so little patience that the moment FF is up i'll read it. (for a given value of 'read') That often means two visits to comico, once in firefox for saving the roughs, and once in chrome for the build in translation of the Korean comments.

Jaismot
joined May 26, 2015

Looks like I worry about nothing, I'm just not used to communicate with english so I was a bit anxious to sound a little bit off. >///>
Anyway! Thank you guys for your kind words! It's always heartwarming to see such comments. ;___; I hope to be able to draw more fluttering doodles in the future and share it with you.

anonymous:

Wait, what?

My god, I never thought my pseudo will be so quickly effective, I'm impressed and truly pleased you find my first language just with that. x)

Judikt:

Beautiful art! Did you by any chance drew one of "Life Is Strange"? I reckon one of the fanart I saw has the same style.

I never did a fan-art of "Life is Strange"... yet. 8]
However I confess, in the course of drawing this piece, I was reminded of this game because of the combination of, short hair/blue nails/and the "flat colors cut-out" style of posters in-game. x3
(I was surely unconsciously influenced, I quite enjoyed playing it).
Did you by any chance, have an url of the fan-art in question ? I'm pretty curious about it.
(A shame there's no PM system here, getting off topic like that made me nervous. >.>""")

FF seems to attract a ton of drama, from the realistic (and non realistic) storyline debate

Mufufufu, indeed.
To speak about it, I just hope the best for Ssamba and do the little I could to be proper and respect her work by going on Comico. There's this 3 first days deal on it, if it wasn't for that, FF could had been like Cheese in the trap and, anyone who really want to read it, should had go through Naver with the Oddsquad translations (or be late to the party, and go along with the Webtoon app). Nevertheless I can understand why there's this limitation (people have to feed themselves, and money have to come from somewhere).

Random Reader

Automatically saved!!

Oh wowo.. woah, that you have the urge to save my drawing, I can't be more happy. Thanks. o.o

@d.d.d
I quite like your "spread the love" mentality. ~~

@Blackkitty
Woah, you're cute, thank you!

last edited at May 27, 2015 9:27PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Jaismot

Your art is wonderful, your style is striking! :)

If you don't mind my asking, do you have a blog or deviantart or something along those lines...?

last edited at May 27, 2015 9:04PM

Jaismot
joined May 26, 2015

@OrangePekoe

Thank you, Pekoe. o.o (Can I call you this way ?)
I... I have a devantart, unfortunately it's been ages since I upload anything so all these drawings feel a bit outdated.
Anyway, if you don't mind it, this is the thing: http://maestronot.deviantart.com/

Profile_picture_by_sejuani_winterswrath-d6lk1uw
joined May 18, 2013

Mmmm I used to download FF in spanish because it's my native and even if i don't have trouble with doing so in english... It's nice to do it in your native tongue. However, I began reading the originals at comico with the typeset and I find it really easy to do-on my computer at least. I still donwload the spanish version, but I felt like reading them where Ssamba can get the credit he/she deserves is the right thing to do. Also, I'd like to thank everyone who works hard to translate FF to English and Spanish... haven't checked other languagues so...

Sería más raro leer español. Aunque estoy segura que hay un montón de latinos (as) orbitando por acá.

joined Jan 31, 2015

Jaismot:

anonymous:

Wait, what?

My god, I never thought my pseudo will be so quickly effective, I'm impressed and truly pleased you find my first language just with that. x)

Your pseudo? As in your username?

Actually, I figured it out by looking at the image hosting service you were using.

Flawless Internet detective work, if I do say so myself. B-)

OrangePekoe:

Jaismot

Your art is wonderful, your style is striking! :)

If you don't mind my asking, do you have a blog or deviantart or something along those lines...?

@ Jaismot

Speaking of that... this is just a personal recommendation, but I really think you should have it uploaded somewhere else also, not only here.

Don't get me wrong, of course I am glad that you're posting it here. (And it would appear I'm not the only one.) It's a real treat for us. But the visibility and reach of your work is extremely limited if you solely post it on one random page of a random thread thread on a random forum.

So I'd really recommend posting it in a place where people usually post fan art. Such as your DeviantArt account, Pixiv.net, a Tumblr blog, or anywhere else. Then, you can still repost it here as well as other places.

This way, your work can reach a wider audience, and more people, more FF fans would be able to enjoy it.

Just my opinion.

Luckily though, looks like someone somewhat prominent in the FF Web community seems to really like your work and shared it with others.

BTW, I would give the same above recommendation to lildevilinhell for his/her work here:
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5858-fluttering-feelings-spoiler-thread?page=78#forum_post_98300
As far as I know, he/she never posted that anywhere else, which is a damn shame.

last edited at May 28, 2015 12:47AM

licenciado_gato
joined May 26, 2015

Mmmm I used to download FF in spanish because it's my native and even if i don't have trouble with doing so in english... It's nice to do it in your native tongue. However, I began reading the originals at comico with the typeset and I find it really easy to do-on my computer at least. I still donwload the spanish version, but I felt like reading them where Ssamba can get the credit he/she deserves is the right thing to do. Also, I'd like to thank everyone who works hard to translate FF to English and Spanish... haven't checked other languagues so...

Sería más raro leer español. Aunque estoy segura que hay un montón de latinos (as) orbitando por acá.

No, no te equivocas. Latina orbitando por aquí XD

And about the discussion, as for me, I always visit Comico to watch the new chapter every sunday and I have no problem on wating for Halmonis translation on Pastebin a few hours later. I haven't check on the translation overlay some users are talking about, but I think it's nice we can support Ssamba's work by doing that.

joined Apr 26, 2015

I usually view/read FF 3x. First, just the Korean raw in Comico. Second, Korean raw and Halmoni's translation side by side. Then d.d.d.'s roughs in imgur. haha

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

No, no te equivocas. Latina orbitando por aquí XD

And about the discussion, as for me, I always visit Comico to watch the new chapter every sunday and I have no problem on wating for Halmonis translation on Pastebin a few hours later. I haven't check on the translation overlay some users are talking about, but I think it's nice we can support Ssamba's work by doing that.

Oh wow this is cool. También soy latina haha.

About supporting Ssamba, I always try to do it. I need to check the last page to understand this discussion though, because I'm a bit lost.

To reply you must either login or sign up.