Forum › WDTFS fans - off topic

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan

Sure thing. Here, have a slice.

Ahaha.. thank you for sharing it..
It looks very nice.. not gonna hv a slice only. I ll take whole loaf.. xD yummy

Rainy365 please learn how to bake to feed your special person. You can't just feed that person with market food every day. Not just baking but real cooking too.

Cooking is super easy for the most part if you don't fuss over things like white sauce and suchlike. Marinades for meat, spice rubs, brines, that sort of thing are really easy to put together, and if you get yourself a crock pot you can do all sorts of stuff with only a few ingredients. Plus home-made chicken or veggie stock, which can be used as liquid for rice. Even sticking to the simplest recipes, you can really build a great repertoire.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Cooking takes a lot of practice. You really have to familiarize yourself with your kitchen and the tools. For me at least, once I have a good grasp on how my equipment functions and its quirks,the rest is just following a set of instructions. Knowing that not all recipes are created equal, you need to try a few recipes to find the one that is best for you. Usually I'll follow the recipe exactly the first time, and if I thought it was good enough to reuse, then I'll tailor the recipe to my tastes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

One of the really nice things these days is most websites that host recipes (Cooks.com, Allrecipes, Epicurious, etc.) also have comments from people who have actually tried the recipe that can provide some great suggestions on getting the most out of it.

For me, the trick is not so much making a recipe, but how to cope when I'm missing a few items here and there.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Once you have a good understanding of what goes together well and have a handful of techniques down, there's a lot of mix and match you can do. Particularly nice that way with Chinese cooking so you just get whatever's affordable and fresh at the store and make something.

As lovely as all the cooking chat has been today, basketball playoffs have me in a terrible mood. The Warriors are losing this series so bad and I just want to hide in a hole somewhere. Don't even want to be awake right now even though I'm not tired -_-.

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Nezchan

Rainy365 please learn how to bake to feed your special person. You can't just feed that person with market food every day. Not just baking but real cooking too.

Uhh? Why me lol? xD I can deal with simple cooking. Cooking n baking are not my stuff..

U hv to learn, too.. U cannot serve rice n water all the time...

Acd34ecdb4f42e680ecf6b00cff43477
joined Sep 15, 2015

But back to people who dont cook.. I know Azai and kitkat dont cook XD

I know how to cook. Just lazy and don't like food that much unlike you who doesn't chew their food =_=
And I'm soooo not Azai that burns a whole burger xD
At the least, I haven't burnt a single thing...yet XDDD

Some how those two don't surprise me haha

dofuuuuuuu T^T
Whyyyyy :<

Ahaha right? XD Azais burnt burger story could make headlines :P sorry waifu dont kill me

Waifuuu, don't diss my cooking skills... T__T

Azai we have awful waifuus who diss our cooking skills T______T

last edited at May 25, 2016 8:27AM

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

But back to people who dont cook.. I know Azai and kitkat dont cook XD

I know how to cook. Just lazy and don't like food that much unlike you who doesn't chew their food =_=
And I'm soooo not Azai that burns a whole burger xD
At the least, I haven't burnt a single thing...yet XDDD

dofuuuuuuu T^T

Ahaha right? XD Azais burnt burger story could make headlines :P sorry waifu dont kill me

Waifuuu, don't diss my cooking skills... T__T

I just set a burger on fire once. Just once !! >__<

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

Azai Kitkat There there guys.. there there.. /patpat/. XD

elthundercat
41e23cccf0ca615cf297fc03235ceb48
joined Jan 4, 2016

hi foxy peeps!

lls Azai, kitkat invite me to your next BBQ kinda want to see this burger burning show, just remind me to eat before I go.

ugh i have to go get ready for work T.T I've been going to these workshops all week and theres no freaking wifi in there so I've had to socialize with other people in my field, which has been cruel for my soul. At least theres a new chapter today =D

last edited at May 25, 2016 9:23AM

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

mvl

Uhh? Why me lol? xD I can deal with simple cooking. Cooking n baking are not my stuff..

No i don't. I already know how to do rice, eggs, and instant noodles. I won't ever go starving with my simple eating food choice. K

You on the other hand need to start learning how to cut vegetables and meats. Next step for you is learn how to wash them. Then cooking and baking real lessons begin.

Cmon.. i can make soup, spring rolls, marinated meat, spicy potato chips etc etc... i m just too lazy to explore..

Newp

Azai Kitkat There there guys.. there there.. /patpat/. XD

Lmao, girl.... You comforted them after u told us that they dont cook.... xD
I... I like yr style, as long as it doesnt happen to me.. lol

last edited at May 25, 2016 9:38AM

elthundercat
41e23cccf0ca615cf297fc03235ceb48
joined Jan 4, 2016

Nezchan

No i don't. I already know how to do rice, eggs, and instant noodles. I won't ever go starving with my simple eating food choice. K

You on the other hand need to start learning how to cut vegetables and meats. Next step for you is learn how to wash them. Then cooking and baking real lessons begin.

Cmon.. i can make soup, spring rolls, marinated meat, spicy potato chips etc etc... i m just too lazy to explore

lol have u ever lived with anyone? cooking the same thing over and over gets really old when sharing ur space with someone.

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

lol have u ever lived with anyone? cooking the same thing over and over gets really old when sharing ur space with someone.

Thats why i dont cook, lol..
Jusy occasionaly, if i m in the mood...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan

Cmon.. i can make soup, spring rolls, marinated meat, spicy potato chips etc etc... i m just too lazy to explore

I cook supper for both myself and my roommate every day, plus bread for weekend breakfasts and I made us both pancakes with local maple syrup last weekend, and you definitely don't want to stick with the same thing day in, day out. My trouble is keeping a varied menu when there are restrictions to keep in mind due to preferences (Roomie is very much a meat-and-potatoes sort of woman, where I like a wider variety) and limitations (Roomie can't handle too much in the line of potatoes, yogurt as an ingredient makes her feel queasy, and quinoa isn't an option at all, plus my own aversion to most squash, cauliflower and things like turnip). It's tricky, but do-able and worth the effort.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I remember KitKat saying that she's good at making pancakes xD...or was it someone else o.o...

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

dofuuuuuuu T^T

Lol maybe because you're a little spazz :P

Yes, but then you told people that you set a burger on fire, and that was your mistake lol.

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Martian
Kittokatto loves pancake with chocolate syrup. N Llama loves her grandmas pancake. No idea who is good at making it.

Btw, wherez Llama? XD

Fried Tofu San

Yes, but then you told people that you set a burger on fire, and that was your mistake lol.

ahahaha... thats true..
She told her waifu, lol..

Photo
joined Feb 13, 2016

Lol I'm terrible at cooking... I'm not into food, I'd rather starve than get near a kitchen =__=

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Lol I'm terrible at cooking... I'm not into food, I'd rather starve than get near a kitchen =__=

Lol then what do you eat?

On a separate note, it's really starting to get warm here. Think I'm ready to cut my hair short again, because once we hit real summer I'm just going to die.

last edited at May 25, 2016 2:23PM

Acd34ecdb4f42e680ecf6b00cff43477
joined Sep 15, 2015

Martian
Kittokatto loves pancake with chocolate syrup. N Llama loves her grandmas pancake. No idea who is good at making it.

No... Llama loves waffle with her grandma's homemade strawberry syrup or something xD

Btw, wherez Llama? XD

I'm kinda hiding her away......I'll let her know you guys are looking for her hahaha

Azai

It's okay..your waifuu can always cook for you :>

last edited at May 25, 2016 2:50PM

GraciousLlama
Llamanewp
joined Mar 17, 2016

Hi everyone! :D

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

We're still talking about cooking? I thought that topic would've gotten old by now. xD

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Hi everyone! :D

Yooooo :D

We're still talking about cooking? I thought that topic would've gotten old by now. xD

I guess so lol. Left for awhile and it was still there.

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

I can just imagine the face of my mother if I were to show her the kitchen convo we had in here. She would probably do one of her condescending smirks she can do so annoyingly well and say something along the lines of "Pfft. Amateurs." xD

GraciousLlama
Llamanewp
joined Mar 17, 2016

Lol I don't mind the cooking topic but I think it's funny that it's been going on for awhile XD

I'm not sure who is good at making pancakes lol but the ones I liked were my grandmas waffles with her homemade syrup and strawberries on top lol
And Newp will have to cook for you Azai after hearing about your cooking stories XD

Hey dofu!

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

I can just imagine the face of my mother if I were to show her the kitchen convo we had in here. She would probably do one of her condescending smirks she can do so annoyingly well and say something along the lines of "Pfft. Amateurs." xD

Lol there's a big difference between cooking for a living and cooking so you can live :)

Hey dofu!

How ya been? Where you been? lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.