Forum › Vengeance

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

hey, does anyone read this comic? I just read the free chapters on lezhin but I don't know if I should read it. Apparently there is no romance in this and the girlfriend of the protagonist is dead so it's kind of >.>... no so happy, I guess. I mean apparently it's about this officer trying to track down the murderer and while it seems interesting I'm not sure I'm in the mood for that unless there is some romance likeeeee... finding a new love through it or sth! ^///^... eh... more like, no way... Her girlfriend just died... even if it's a story that might be a bit too far fetched...! what do you think?!

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

If you're looking for romance and happy endings, this manhwa is not for you, it's a tragedy.

joined Jan 8, 2016

You get what is advertised. Despicable

Quoting my absolute favourite movie ever: "They want revenge. Revenge...The most worthless of causes."

Yeah, no thanks.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Bad ending. Forget about it.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

But story was good :P even if it has bad ending :P

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

hey, does anyone read this comic? I just read the free chapters on lezhin but I don't know if I should read it. Apparently there is no romance in this and the girlfriend of the protagonist is dead so it's kind of >.>... no so happy, I guess. I mean apparently it's about this officer trying to track down the murderer and while it seems interesting I'm not sure I'm in the mood for that unless there is some romance likeeeee... finding a new love through it or sth! ^///^... eh... more like, no way... Her girlfriend just died... even if it's a story that might be a bit too far fetched...! what do you think?!

The story is very well written, but as others have said, it's a tragedy; it does not end well. Though the ending is well written. When I was reading it, I missed some subtle hints, and so for a while there, I actually thought that there might end up being a new love if she let it. But then... Oh well. Still, it seemed like she thought she would rejoin her dead lover.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

The yuri isn't present as romance, the love is an entirely different kind of motivator.
I found the ending satisfying tbh
For what it is, it delivered. Very well written.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

oh okay, I like stories like that so I will read it, but not right now... I'm not in the mood for that >.>
I'd rather something passionate and romantic ^///^

last edited at Mar 26, 2016 10:45PM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

can someone explain the ending to me? i didnt really get it.

spoilers obviously.
why did she go back and kill the crazy guy? the guy didnt really do anything (hell, she was the one that framed him). i dont really see how it set things right other than to "tie up loose ends" since the guy knew she was the real killer of the yandere chick (but its not like anyone would believe him anyway).

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

can someone explain the ending to me? i didnt really get it.

Okay you didn't get 1-2 key elements so leggo
Gahee/yandere girl got Crazy Guy to kill Hara. After Seol-a found out that Gahee basically planned the murder and got the guy to carry it out , well, you know, she confronted her and killed her out of rage. HOWEVER the guy did not know that Seol-a was the murderer. She frames him for it and after the time skip, kidnaps him while he was being transferred to the mental hospital iirc, confesses everything to him, likely to see him agonize. Even if he wasn't the "mastermind" behind Hara's murder, he carried it out. In a way, not only did she get back at Gahee by um, killing her, she also got back to the guy, by killing the woman he was/is obsessed with/in love with, and framing him for her murder. An eye for an eye, my love for yours.
So his death wasn't to tie loose ends at all, because 1, he didn't know she did it, and 2, well, she was planning on "ending" everything anyways, I don't think that "getting away" with it was her intention at all. She decided that she couldn't live without Hara, after all.
What was kind of brilliant in the plot is that you thought that it was ended up being one of those stories where revenge isn't the solution and they hand the asshole to the law, but no, it's revealed that she had been carefully planning and carrying out her vengeance halfway through the story. It's a great plot twist. Sure you have your suspicions on who was responsible for Hara's death, but you're never really sure, and the string of events really just leads you around, and you fall for it so hard. What you believe to the resolution, the final, peaceful, hopeful chapter, completely darkens our mood.

last edited at Mar 27, 2016 6:38AM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Its a really good manga with yuri couple as main cast and ends with a sad but satisfying ending.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I don't think that having a bad ending precludes something from being good... sure, most yuri bad endings are BS, but this had a good story and was very well-thought, so I enjoyed it. Also, this isn't really yuri either, but that's beside the point. The art was quite nice, and I loved how badass MC was.

yuriforeverandalways
Yuri%202%20copy
joined Feb 14, 2017

Yeah, that was way darker than I expected. I thought this would be a story about new beginnings with that new girl... but I guess we all saw how it turned out.

Well written though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.