what does 'green' pertain to in page 3? the one in a box pointing to Yuri

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

what does 'green' pertain to in page 3? the one in a box pointing to Yuri

That it's her first time doing this.

delayed this release and released the next chapter alongside it later

Considering the next chapter ends on basically a cliffhanger, that wouldn't have helped, on the contrary. Hey, anticipation is a good thing. It's been a long time since I actively looked forward for a new chapter of a series.

last edited at Mar 24, 2013 5:14PM

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

No schedule. They release webcomics on every 2nd and 4th Wednesday but they don't announce what it's gonna be. The next chapter might come out next week or it may take another month.

joined Feb 1, 2013

Don't get me wrong I like this serie just fine, but I don't really understand all the love I see in this topic.

Yeah, it's fun and all but... that's it for me. Nice little read, a little boring at times, somewhat okay art, and a story which would be better without cliche characters. I enjoy it, but I'm not waiting impatiently for the next chapter, and I certainly couldn't compare it to a masterpiece like Girl Friends.

joined Jan 31, 2013

So where the fist tank actually ends ?

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Different people have different tastes. Surprising, I know. I for one can't understand what people saw in Prism and I cringe every time someone feels compelled to gush over Madoka.

Chapter 3.

last edited at Mar 24, 2013 5:47PM

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

But I wonder what was with Fujiwara's expression when she asked who Shinobu was. As far as I can tell, Yuri's been her only true friend. Maybe she's lonely and scared of losing her?

Probably a little bit of Jealousy and Hate? Lol. She (Fujiwara) thought she was Yuri's only friend.

Fujiwara probably thought that Yuri and Shinobu were going out too. For one thing, she asked Yuri if she was gay and then if she'd had any experience.

But I totally agree-- Jealousy and Hatred. That was Fujiwara's face.

joined Nov 11, 2010

The funny thing is, while Fujiwara's "kind and perfect" face is a mask, her "sadistic tease" personality is a mask too. To a degree she's just playing up the character-type she thinks Yuri finds attractive from her manga. The real Fujiwara underneath definitely has some loneliness and abandonment issues.

It seems like Fujiwara's forwardness and drive to come onto Yuri in this chapter was partly driven by this desperation--to establish something exclusive between them, even if forced and shallow (i.e. purely sexual or experimental). What we've seen from Fujiwara thus far does not represent exactly the healthiest basis for a loving relationship. Nonetheless, I obviously hope Yuri and Fujiwara will work something out together, and Fujiwara's actions this chapter have at least opened the door of possibility for a sexual/lesbian part to their relationship. And regardless of her immediate feelings, Yuri's reaction in this chapter was still adorable.

I will say that it's not just the yuri which makes this series so awesome, but the art and comedy too. Even before this chapter I really liked this series. Girlfriends is not even my favourite work of Morinaga's (it's kind of an older work of hers by now, and you can see where her stories have gotten more skilled/sophisticated), so I don't really have any problems putting this on the same level.

last edited at Mar 24, 2013 6:56PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

The funny thing is, while Fujiwara's "kind and perfect" face is a mask, her "sadistic tease" personality is a mask too. To a degree she's just playing up the character-type she thinks Yuri finds attractive from her manga. The real Fujiwara underneath definitely has some loneliness and abandonment issues.

It seems like Fujiwara's forwardness and drive to come onto Yuri in this chapter was partly driven by this desperation--to establish something exclusive between them, even if forced and shallow (i.e. purely sexual or experimental). What we've seen from Fujiwara thus far does not represent exactly the healthiest basis for a loving relationship. Nonetheless, I obviously hope Yuri and Fujiwara will work something out together, and Fujiwara's actions this chapter have at least opened the door of possibility for a sexual/lesbian part to their relationship. And regardless of her immediate feelings, Yuri's reaction in this chapter was still adorable.

I will say that it's not just the yuri which makes this series so awesome, but the art and comedy too. Even before this chapter I really liked this series. Girlfriends is not even my favourite work of Morinaga's (it's kind of an older work of hers by now, and you can see where her stories have gotten more skilled/sophisticated), so I don't really have any problems putting this on the same level.

you have just blew my mind!! I couldn't have explained it better myself!! amazing XD

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Considering the next chapter ends on basically a cliffhanger, that wouldn't have helped, on the contrary. Hey, anticipation is a good thing. It's been a long time since I actively looked forward for a new chapter of a series.

You were right. I found the next chapter and its translation on yuri project, definitely still an unsatisfying cliffhanger. I feel like I cheated a bit, not waiting for the finished project.

Also stalking the tsubomi reader. I didn't know I could get access to it, I thought I needed a subscription. This really makes me regret studying Chinese in college instead of Japanese.

joined Mar 25, 2013

umm... This is my first yuri!? manga and I think this series is pretty interesting...

Is there any yuri manga that has a great story like this manga..??!

joined Jan 31, 2013

Chapter 3.

Really ? is the first tank that short ?

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Chapter 3.

No, fairly standard sized. But it's padded out by including the First Love series. There's also a 16 page long sidestory about Shinobu we haven't translated yet.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I think Yuri is such a good foil charcter to Fujiwara. But I want to know how far Fujiwara's jealousy extends and what might happen when she sees Yuri and Shinobu with each other. The whole "someone else is closer to her" knda deal. Regardless of anything I have to say it's I series I'm definitely keeping up with.

Untitled2
joined Jan 31, 2013

that's some pretty deep shit! haha

You were right. I found the next chapter and its translation on yuri project, definitely still an unsatisfying cliffhanger. I feel like I cheated a bit, not waiting for the finished project.

Also stalking the tsubomi reader. I didn't know I could get access to it, I thought I needed a subscription. This really makes me regret studying Chinese in college instead of Japanese.

i also read it too. i wonder who's gonna act first.. don't wanna spoil anything. hope the next chapter gets scanned asap. :)))

joined Jan 31, 2013

Chapter 3.

No, fairly standard sized. But it's padded out by including the First Love series. There's also a 16 page long sidestory about Shinobu we haven't translated yet.

Oh I see, thanks for the info

joined May 22, 2011

it seems like fujiwara doesn't really connect the dots between her own impulsive actions and whatever it is she feels awakening as a result of them afterwards. (the last pages of both ch.1.5, and ch .6)
im not convinced that she knows what shes really doing, even if it seems like she does. she has no friends to really talk to, and beyond what shes
and haven't had an sort of defining/major romantic encounter as of yet, and don't really know exactly what they want from each other yet, albeit a kind of 'companionship'.

so my question is:

how much of fujiwara's amorous actions towards yuri are her doing what she thinks yuri wants her to?

fujiwara has spent her whole life fulfilling the desires of others. playing the part that was written for her.
as the ojou-sama for the public.
as the mature, responsible, obedient, dutiful (neglected? unloved? ignored?) daughter for her (dismissive? strict/conventional(traditional)/domineering?) family
and then as the Young Master. whom she found scripted for her after flipping through yuri's copy of the 'Story Ideas', and believing that it was a character based on her and that it was yuri's desires on the page. the whole of chapter 1 & 2 she acted out the role of the young master to a T. (lol it was so brutal.)

and what it is it going to have to take for her to finally be herself? does she even know how to be herself? does she really even know who she is deep down? i feel like she would barely even remember who that is...
with her being as deceptive as she is, it wouldn't surprise me at all to find her lying to herself in more than one matter, despite being so sophisticated a thinker.
if shes doing what it takes to live up to expectations of people shes doesn't even like or care about, what would she be willing to do for someone shes intrigued by? how far would she go?

which buttons do you have to press for her real self to shine through? for the 'good', and the 'bad'.

i would venture to say that her look on the stairwell was something along the lines of asking for honesty. it felt as open/vulnerable as we might ever see someone like fujiwara become, which ain't much. it was a question asking for more than what was said. a question that wanted everything. a question that wanted the truth. especially if it was anything like what she believed it could be, based on the comprehensive possibilities she'd already considered. and note that the the action of pulling yuri's ankle is tied to emotional pain, as the last time she got physical w/ yuri was when she felt she was being ignored. and that kind of pattern has to have roots stemming from somewhere... from something... <3

(i certainly did not detect any jealousy/hatred at all! and i wouldn't go so far as to say she is possessive with only whats happened so far, but it could be in the making. though that would more likely stem from past trauma and fear more than selfishness. and in this case it was)

damn is the guessing game fun!

{[for those that were asking about a similar pairing, their dynamic vaguely (VERY vaguely) reminds me of 'shizuru x natsuki' in the 'mai hime' anime, but i am not endorsing them. i'm assuming it hasn't been seen, so i wont ruin anything. so i will only declare natsuki to be boring as hell in the show, and such a 1 trick pony in the fanmade materials that i want her to die in a fire. but shizuru.... i like shizuru. a lot. (as a part of the non-vanilla interpretation fanbase. more interesting that way.) (mmm drama... my favorite.)
i'd just rather shizuru was fuckin' w/ haruka instead of natsuki. way more of a sparky dynamic there, hehe. and no i don't want to derail this topic into mai hime, so i'll be quiet now. The Garden of Lilies has much more delicious complexity to offer... to savour... lol. brb reading shizxharu ff's. ]}

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

And now the reader has the next chapter out. With ANOTHER cliffhanger... I wish I could read it right now....

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

And now the reader has the next chapter out. With ANOTHER cliffhanger... I wish I could read it right now....

I can't even read Japanese and I "read" through the new chapter. Oh dear. At least the online releases in Tsubomi are pretty consistent.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

this is the first time ive seen so many views for a manga in dynasty lol not even with girlfriends wow

Dante_by_diimitrii-d5t5ps7
joined Mar 30, 2013

Gah... I love this series so damn much. I've read the recent chapter several hundred times. I just love the dynamics of the two, I can't wait for the next update!

last edited at Mar 31, 2013 4:27PM

Yuru-yuri00055-650x365
joined Mar 31, 2013

@xerobahamut: There are a few things that i would like to respond; however, i wouldn't know where my respond would exactly reply to which of your questions ( sr ). From my perspective, Fujiwara acts as a Young master is like a new role model that she feels interested in - reasons are like what you said which the characteristics are based on her from the "story ideas" book, and then I guess she gets into that role model because she enjoys teasing Yuri and be friend with her. A few reason that leads to this teasing as well is the time she describe Yuri's life and character. Then (maybe) from chapter 3, Fujiwara starts being more nice to her and I agree with you that Fujiwara doesn't know what she really doing. And Fujiwara reactions are strange but enough to confirm that she has a lesbian self inside. Also, Fujiwara's thinking are not express in the story as it is the author's purpose to make readers make their guess more about Fujiwara characters. So i guess there will more teasing chapter coming up. And I love to see how Yuri get tease by her friend even to the romantic level. But getting tease too much will lead to hurting the other side ( the same thing as being nice too much to someone that like you -Girlfriends ) so soon i "think" there will be an evolution that will confirm their feeling forward to another. ( Isnt it always like that in relationship ? ) So.. yea Fujiwara reactions and thinking will be express more if she still being next to Yuri. And Yuri will be aware of her feeling soon when it comes to the climax point ( i guess ). Is this thinking too general to know ?

joined Jan 30, 2013

Otsu Hiyori AND Notes from the Garden of Lilies on the same day. Could it get any better?

joined Mar 25, 2013

Yessss another chapter..!! (^_^)/ I've been looking forward to this.. THANKS DYNASTY SCAN!!!!!

I like how the author always end his/her chapter with cliffhanger it gives the feeling of excitement to the readers.. :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.