ForumNews Welcome to the new reader!

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Two minor suggestions for the Search function:

1. It'd be nice if it was possible to choose what king of thing (manga, tag, author etc) we wanted to search for before actually searching for it. Like a little drop down menu next to the search bar.

2. It's not very good with searching for parts of words. For instance, I saw a pic by the artist Matsuda98, so I tried searching for Matsuda. No results. Then i tried the full name Matsuda98, and only then did i give results. It'd be nice if we didn't have to be super specific with the search words.

oh and the forums could do with a bit of work. it's kind of messy and shambolic at the moment, no structure at all :0

last edited at Jan 31, 2013 11:06AM

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

@drpepperfan

1. That already exists on the search results page, I don't think that is needed in the navbar box and will take up too much space.

2. Yea, I know that is one of the downsides of the search system atm. Not really sure the best way to handle it easily though.

3. The forums aren't supposed to have structure, Only one or two actual forums were ever used with the old system, so that structure was wasted.

last edited at Jan 31, 2013 12:43PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

For the second one couldn't you use regular expressions? So when someone searches for something it looks for any time that combination of letters come up. That's the inherent search function in perl expressions but I don't know about whatever branch of ruby you said this was.

joined Jan 31, 2013

has downloading been disabled?
edit: oh, I see it's possible from the chapter view, but not the Recently Added Chapters page anymore. please put back?

last edited at Jan 31, 2013 1:13PM

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

@EFWds, That was deliberately done to make it more difficult to download a huge swath of chapters at once. It is an attempt to reduce the burden we place on our host, so we will be less likely to run into issues in the future.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

@GendoIkari That really won't improve the situation at all. There might be a very specific cases where that is preferable, but overall would drastically reduce the quality of results.

What I am thinking of doing is when you get 0 results it looks for similarly spelled terms. And if it finds one display something like "Did you mean X?"

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Can you add download page links to the reader? Since were already downloading it to read it it won't be any significant burden really.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Can you add download page links to the reader? Since were already downloading it to read it it won't be any significant burden really.

I am still deciding what to do about that. While I can see a few uses for it, it seems like a very seldom used feature. I would rather find other ways to solve what it was previously used for.

last edited at Jan 31, 2013 3:19PM

Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

New reader seems good so far, though I do have one question, will you be re-adding the links to various scan groups websites as were there previously? I liked being able to check out each group's website easily from here if I enjoyed their translations particularly.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

New reader seems good so far, though I do have one question, will you be re-adding the links to various scan groups websites as were there previously? I liked being able to check out each group's website easily from here if I enjoyed their translations particularly.

I did that earlier today, it was an oversight that they were left out.

joined Jun 3, 2011

I also used the random chapter feature a lot. Also is there going to be a way to skip to certain pages of chapters?

White
joined Jan 31, 2012

Wow I love how the site looks :D Totally awesome.

I just have one thing that's troubling me. You know the reading lists we made before the site got the new changes, well it's not offering the edit and delete button for them so basically, how do I delete them? I'm completely stuck +,+ sigh

Ohhh I have a request~! >//< Can there be like an option where we can change our username? I really want to change mine~

last edited at Jan 31, 2013 9:15PM

joined Sep 19, 2012

I am so totally freakin' glad that you guys are back up in full capacity. I checked the reader again today and it was like yuri explosion I got my fix so I'm super happy.

I think the new reader looks great, it works fine for me so I have no complaints. I'm just happy to have things back to normal. T_T

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

There's no report button on the forums, and as the mod team is not NEET hawkpeople there needs to be one.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

It was felt that because the new system is going to keep the spambots from being able to register due to the custom question and whatnot, the report button was not necessary. If there's something egregiously offensive or rulebreaking somehow we'll probably see it. I've been keeping all forum threads read so far.
Is there something you disagree with? Or are you simply worried about the future?

Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

I also wouldn't mind if the "Download page" option returned. The obvious and most important use for it, of course, is to download a page to make a reaction image out of.

Swlogo
joined Jan 30, 2012

I'm liking what I'm seeing - Thanks, Dynasty... Better than mortal otaku deserves!

joined Feb 1, 2013

Thank you for updating the reader. I really enjoy the new format/layout and it is just...beautiful (cries).

joined Jul 3, 2011

Very, very impressive I must say. Besides the fact that I can no longer change the story page using my arrow keys, I have no complaints. The new design feels very modern and hip to say the least. All in all definitly plus work. Is the feature to automatically log me in when I come to the site no longer available? In any case glad to have the reader up and back in action. Welcome back you guys.

last edited at Feb 1, 2013 2:02AM

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Very, very impressive I must say. Besides the fact that I can no longer change the story page using my arrow keys,

Do you have more information about this? You should still be able to.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Maybe it depends on browser?
I'm able to use arrows just fine.in Firefox

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Maybe it depends on browser?

Yeah, doesn't work with IE9. Pale Moon (Firefox derivative) and Chrome works fine.

joined Jul 3, 2011

I guess it's another defect to add to the list known as IE9

joined Dec 14, 2010

I just noticed that the notification of "You already read this chapter/series" ... Would it be possible to return that feature? I mean, if I add it to "Read" list.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I just noticed that the notification of "You already read this chapter/series" ... Would it be possible to return that feature? I mean, if I add it to "Read" list.

Currently the item in the dropdown menu has an X instead of + if its already on your list, and clicking it will remove it. It might need to be made visually distinctive if that case (red tinting maybe?).

To reply you must either login or sign up.