Forum › Posts by Liichan

Swlogo
joined Jan 30, 2012

OMG I am sooo happy to see this being worked on again! Thank you very much!

Swlogo
joined Jan 30, 2012

Given this daily download cap, how about a 'download cart' that one can use to select multiple chapters, and possibly have the system zip them up into a single download (allow one or 2 a day maybe)? It's not fun having to wait to get the last chapter of a series because you downloaded the latest single chapter of another one earlier that day (as in, before several chapts of the new series were put up in a batch). And btw, what is the daily reset time in Eastern?

Liichan
Swlogo
joined Jan 30, 2012

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I really enjoy simple, laid back, no angst or drama type of stories. Even more with these cute as hell characters.

Also, shouldn't this be grouped with the first one?

You're definitely NOT alone - I love them (and this series) too! :) My only problem with this type of work is that there are not nearly enough of them.

Swlogo
joined Jan 30, 2012

OMG! Someone is scanlating this!! THANK YOU!!!

Liichan
Swlogo
joined Jan 30, 2012

I'm liking what I'm seeing - Thanks, Dynasty... Better than mortal otaku deserves!

Swlogo
joined Jan 30, 2012

Hi, Dynasty~!
While I can understand the desire to tweak, tune and detail the Reader, I'm a great believer in the old adage:
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
And as far as I'm concerned, it ain't broke (aside from the Utilization/Bandwidth issues, which are external anyway), it only needs a little TLC.
So, to that end, here's my response to the points raised:

1) No resizing issues here - never had to use the button.
2) I'm not generally a denizen of the Forums (but will use them to respond/opine if requested), so I'm not too worried about any changes there.
3) Twitter gives me the creeps - never was a fan of any of those sites.
4) I like the 'Most popular' as it is now - barring unforseen resets, it works well, and I enjoy tracking a chapter's progress.
5) I agree that input on tagging could be easily handled by the existing Forums. You are all very responsive to them, which is the real reason that works.
6) Personal item: A request for the ability to search by tags from the Recently Added page. :)
7) Personal item: A request for links to the various Scanlation Groups home pages from either the pulldown or the right-hand pane.

Overall, I have long enjoyed the simplicity, functionality and compactness (read: low click count) of the Reader, and would love to see that remain its strongest feature. As well, as I mentioned earlier, you really don't need to give yourselves any more work. What you already do is an obvious labor of love, and we're all the richer for it.

Thanks for letting me throw this out there -- for whatever it's worth.

Swlogo
joined Jan 30, 2012

On its way - btw, the Email link with your name is to a non-exist account (mrengenious@gmail.com).

Swlogo
joined Jan 30, 2012

I have a copy of it, already translated to English - will that do? If so, where can I mail/upload it?