Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Oh is the new season out? I really liked the first season.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Rogue Legacy has lesbians in it. Chances are that every lesbian will die. And being gay changes literally nothing in the game which is kinda the point.

Hah oh god Rogue Legacy. The game is hard as hell....

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I just finished "the blindside of love". It gets very addictive after a little bit lol. It's very sweet and funny and made me wish I had best friends like the supporting characters.
In quality I put it on the same level as Georgia Beers stuff. :)

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Forgot to mention that Mulan is coming back to this season of OUAT and she's gay/bi (don't watch the show so I don't know).

Rogue Legacy has lesbians in it. Chances are that every lesbian will die. And being gay changes literally nothing in the game which is kinda the point.

My first playthrough is like two years ago so I don't really remember but NG+ seems pretty easy to me. I may just be overleveled though. I'm like lvl 180 now but I heard you shouldn't head into NG++ until like 300.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I just finished "the blindside of love". It gets very addictive after a little bit lol. It's very sweet and funny and made me wish I had best friends like the supporting characters.
In quality I put it on the same level as Georgia Beers stuff. :)

By Ingrid Diaz? You should read her short story "…and the Toilet Wouldn’t Flush" on her site, it's a fun one even though it more or less opens it up for a little sequel.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Yes by Ingrid Diaz. Have you read her book?

joined Mar 25, 2013

Yes by Ingrid Diaz. Have you read her book?

Nope, I might though. Though if I saw it right it was 200k-ish words? Someday maybe xD

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

It was kinda long-ish, but it was a very enjoyable book. She's (I think) almost done with the final edit (ver. 3), so you could wait for that. :)

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

My first playthrough is like two years ago so I don't really remember but NG+ seems pretty easy to me. I may just be overleveled though. I'm like lvl 180 now but I heard you shouldn't head into NG++ until like 300.

I haven’t put too much time on it and side scroll 2d platformers aren't really my thing. Friend gave it to me as a present so I played it a bit but never got the hang of it. I don't have the coordination and patience for it lol. Maybe I'll pick it up again later. Watching other people's speed runs are fun though.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I haven’t put too much time on it and side scroll 2d platformers aren't really my thing. Friend gave it to me as a present so I played it a bit but never got the hang of it. I don't have the coordination and patience for it lol. Maybe I'll pick it up again later. Watching other people's speed runs are fun though.

Haha, for me the game was like a dream come true. Metroidvenias and RogueLites are two of my favorite genres so I did play quite a bit. Steam says 50 hours, though that probably includes like 10 hours idling.
A controller definitely makes the platforming way easier, I played the first few minutes before I got my adapter for controllers and put it on hold pretty quickly.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Haha, for me the game was like a dream come true. Metroidvenias and RogueLites are two of my favorite genres so I did play quite a bit. Steam says 50 hours, though that probably includes like 10 hours idling.
A controller definitely makes the platforming way easier, I played the first few minutes before I got my adapter for controllers and put it on hold pretty quickly.

A little off-topic but you should play Ori and the Blind Forest if you haven't, it's absolutely gorgeous and you could say it's a Pixar video game (not from a publisher/creator, but from the feel of it)

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Jesus Fuck, those screenshots are beautiful. The Steam page says it's challenging and as someone who completed Super Meat Boy (indluding this shit), I very much appreciate that. Sadly don't have money for games right now but I'll definitely add that to my list.

joined Mar 25, 2013

^Jesus Fuck, those screenshots are beautiful. The Steam page says it's challenging and as someone who completed Super Meat Boy (indluding this shit), I very much appreciate that. Sadly don't have money for games right now but I'll definitely add that to my list.

You might as well wait for a couple of months, I think by the end of the year there will be a 'definitive' edition that will add a few more places to explore as well as more powers. A little trivia, the background is never reused. Whatever you see in the background is specifically made for that area. There are a few easter eggs thrown in the game as well (including an SMB one). I'm sure you won't regret playing it.

Everything is absolutely gorgeous about that game. You can just feel how much love the creators of the game have for it.

last edited at Oct 8, 2015 10:25AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Wow, so apparently in one of the Castlevania games, there is a boss based on Carmilla, the lesbian vampire. No only is she the love interest of the main guy, she also dies by getting impaled through the mouth. That's pretty subtle.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Wow, so apparently in one of the Castlevania games, there is a boss based on Carmilla, the lesbian vampire. No only is she the love interest of the main guy, she also dies by getting impaled through the mouth. That's pretty subtle.

What "main guy?" Simon Belmont? Trevor Belmont? Richter Belmont? Juste Belmont? Sypha? (Humorously called a man in the US release) Eric Lecarde? Jonathan Morris? Dracula? Alucard? Grant? Nathan Graves?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Simon

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I found a brilliant web series that is not on the list called Girl Seeks Girl. Its a Spanish web series but has English subtitles. Its 16 episodes long. Its funny and well acted series. The link to the series is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9BqsxsdynI

The ending is open ended, so the produces are making a continuation of the same characters in a new movie that is called girl gets girl.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I found a brilliant web series that is not on the list called Girl Seeks Girl. Its a Spanish web series but has English subtitles. Its 16 episodes long. Its funny and well acted series. The link to the series is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9BqsxsdynI

The ending is open ended, so the produces are making a continuation of the same characters in a new movie that is called girl gets girl.

A full fledged movie that is going to be posted on youtube, or are they making a movie to release on dvd?

last edited at Oct 11, 2015 9:12AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Oh I've seen Girl Seeks Girl! I'd completely forgotten about it, but it was great. From what I remember, I wasn't a fan of the ending though. Maybe because it ends unresolved...not sure. The film's already done btw, but idk when it's coming outside Spain.

last edited at Oct 11, 2015 9:15AM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Some books to add:
That Witch! by Zoe Lynne, so far it's really good. It's teen drama and crap but it's good.

The Girls of Alcyone series. About genetically alterrd girls raised as mercenaries in the 2300's. The two main girls are in lovers. Really really good, I couldn't hardly put down.

Troll or Deb - don't read it for the yuri, because it's more of an afterthought. Deb is a fairy skater-girl, she gets enchanted by a half-troll girl to fall in love with her.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

telamon

The movie is done but there isn't any way to see it outside of Spain at the moment. I guess we just have to wait until some one pirates it out of Spain or something.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Interwiev about Root and Shaw in season 5.

I can't decide if Shoot is an awesome ship name or a really shitty one.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Interwiev about Root and Shaw in season 5.

I can't decide if Shoot is an awesome ship name or a really shitty one.

That's a pretty nice interview. The way they talk about Shaw though it seems like she'll be back in the first 2-3 episodes. Which I guess it makes sense since this (probably final) season is 13 episodes.

As for the ship name, a lot of people don't like it xD But there really isn't a real alternative. Raw doesn't work (R(oot)(Sh)aw)

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Shoot is appropriate for the show, however.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Or the ship name could be Rash I kind of dig it. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

To reply you must either login or sign up.