Forum › Shibuya recognizes same-sex partnerships

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It can be a trigger, like a chain reaction in Japan! because love should be free and marriage a right for everyone!

... and has paved the way for similar measures now under consideration in two other Tokyo wards and the city of Yokohama.

That last part! see? a chain reaction!!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Oh sweet! I wonder how long it'll take until the world realizes horses will not start eating each other because a same-sex couple wants a kid.

You've got it slightly off. What people like to claim is that if we allow same-sex marriage then next we'll allow marrying animals. Because that's totally not a slippery slope fallacy or anything. Also I've read a surprisingly large number of news articles where a person was allowed to marry an animal or even an inanimate object so I see that claim as even more moronic personally.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh sweet! I wonder how long it'll take until the world realizes horses will not start eating each other because a same-sex couple wants a kid.

You've got it slightly off. What people like to claim is that if we allow same-sex marriage then next we'll allow marrying animals. Because that's totally not a slippery slope fallacy or anything. Also I've read a surprisingly large number of news articles where a person was allowed to marry an animal or even an inanimate object so I see that claim as even more moronic personally.

Hey, if it's good enough for Caligula...

joined Jan 30, 2013

But everyone knows the Roman emperors were nuts so that doesn't count.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

He lived in a palace. You live in a palace?

Who's nuts now?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Such a great news for the japanese LGBT community, let's hope is the first of many victories.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

He lived in a palace. You live in a palace?

Who's nuts now?

Who do I have to stab in the back to live in one!!

On a related note:

Anyhoo, this is awesome news! Glad to see something more tolerant happening in regards for the LGBT community in Japan. Good luck to them in moving forward in the rest of the country.

Also, here is a news report on it by Vice News for anyone interested (it's really brief): A Milestone for Japan's LGBT Community

One other report I found with more info on the ruling and an interview with one of the women in the video: Tokyo Ward - 1st in Japan to Recognizes Same Sex Partnerships

joined Apr 15, 2013

Happy times. I'm just gonna leave this here:

"There's no turning back...We will win. We are winning because ours is a revolution of mind and heart..." -Cesar Chavez

joined Mar 23, 2013

Caligula is fun but I have to admit I'm partial to Nero because I did a research project on him. Most fun I've ever had on one of those for sure.

Ultimately it's hard to discern which is true or false since Roman historians are known to be anything but objective but I'm sure a lot of it is true.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Caligula is fun but I have to admit I'm partial to Nero because I did a research project on him. Most fun I've ever had on one of those for sure.

Ultimately it's hard to discern which is true or false since Roman historians are known to be anything but objective but I'm sure a lot of it is true.

Whenever I see Nero somewhere I remember Fate/Extra and Tsukihime...

To reply you must either login or sign up.