Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I totally agree that older bro seems to know what's up or highly suspect it.

Also, Seol-a and No-rae were so adorable this chapter once they got to the bedroom. Before that it was mostly them being awkward but that moment where No-rae looked Seol-a in the eyes and said it really was just her own fault was really nice.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Also, Seol-a and No-rae were so adorable this chapter once they got to the bedroom. Before that it was mostly them being awkward but that moment where No-rae looked Seol-a in the eyes and said it really was just her own fault was really nice.

Very true story.

last edited at May 3, 2015 6:57PM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

No-rae's Mom:
Oh my, that looks really comfortable!
Seol-a's Mom:
Why don't you join me and find out? :3

Then my "What if Fluttering Feelings... was written by Saburouta (author of Citrus)" scenario happens, except with No-rae's Mom and Seol-a's Mom.

/totally called it

Oh god, anon! Thank you!!!! I was supposed to be sleeping now but you completely lost me!!!!! Couldn't help but turn my PC back on and get myself to typeset this.
Imgur

Now, sweet dreams dear everybody!

ADD
I don't think that the brother thinks that there's something romantic between the two, but I think he's worried about No-rae after she talked so cryptic earlier to him. So I think he wants to find out what actually happened. I guess he figured that Seol-a might know something about it otherwise she wouldn't be there.

last edited at May 3, 2015 7:24PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

ADD
I don't think that the brother thinks that there's something romantic between the two, but I think he's worried about No-rae after she talked so cryptic earlier to him. So I think he wants to find out what actually happened. I guess he figured that Seol-a might know something about it otherwise she wouldn't be there.

That's a possibility I didn't think about. If that's the case he'll probably figure it out pretty fast by talking to her.

joined Apr 25, 2015

I don't think she know English so well to read this thread but it's just maybe my opinion xD

Why? English is a relatively simple language.

This WAS sarcasm right?

English is a really simple language compared to other ones.

Arguable, English has more exceptions than rules what makes it hard to learn. Tons of sound alike words or one word having 50 meanings. Lots of people get confused by some expressions cause they know totally different meaning to the word than what it is sometimes being used as.

Not to mention the illogical way of writing and reading. I really don't get the point of learning alphabet when you never pronounce letters that way when reading. You write 10 letters but read only 5. Why write the rest? English is literally a word memorization, there are no real rules to guide and help you.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I don't think she know English so well to read this thread but it's just maybe my opinion xD

Why? English is a relatively simple language.

This WAS sarcasm right?

English is a really simple language compared to other ones.

Arguable, English has more exceptions than rules what makes it hard to learn. Tons of sound alike words or one word having 50 meanings. Lots of people get confused by some expressions cause they know totally different meaning to the word than what it is sometimes being used as.

Not to mention the illogical way of writing and reading. I really don't get the point of learning alphabet when you never pronounce letters that way when reading. You write 10 letters but read only 5. Why write the rest? English is literally a word memorization, there are no real rules to guide and help you.

In my language it's the oposite, we have 50 variations of some words and they all mean the same thing, we also have a lot of useless rules, writing in english is a lot easier.

In school I learned the basics, all my english comes from videogame and internet.

last edited at May 3, 2015 7:30PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Guys, all languages are mean, let's not care which is meaner than the others anymore.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I don't know, I started learning french and english only one year apart and french was way harder. I'm actually surprised at how many people say english is not an easy language cause I've never heard anyone claim so before today. Obviously learning a new language is never easy but compared to other ones, everyone I know seemed to have less problems with it.

Loved the new chapter! Granny was about to become my new favorite character but then she got scrapped pretty quickly. :/ Can't wait to see what No-rae's brother and Seol-a might be talking about.

Samba is a master when it comes to awkward situations, by the way.

1004423_215737701908251_258016894_n
joined Apr 26, 2015

Thanks Halmoni for the translation...........and I told you that you will get your face in the next chapter
But I was wrong assuming she will be no-rae's grandmother...I should have known since it would have been too good of a coincidence to be true.
Someone few pages before did predict the kid being in the middle of these two and attracting a bit of jealously from Seol-A....Nice hunch.
Did anyone notice.... no-rae's mom giving "say Aaaaaah to Seol-a under the look of No-rae, and she reply with the same thing toward her nephew hahaha. Look who is jealous now.
But the beating moment of all was the peach wine...It sure looked tasty with a nice colour even for a non-drinker like me. But the look of No=rae to make Seol-A stop drinking was just hilarious, I literally gave a laughter.

The look No-rae finally gave to Seol-A while saying "That was awful of me" was sooooo deep and emotional, and filled with regrets and feeling sorry for what she did. I was sooooooo happy that she finally took it out of her chest and apologized for what happened.

That brings us back to our sleepless No-rae.... what do you think she was thinking of? My guess is....she was saying to herself (Now that I can't run anymore, and can't hurt Seol-A again like that, I should find away to live with this and endure it)....I guess.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Guys, all languages are mean, let's not care which is meaner than the others anymore.

Notice my "uh oh!" In the post right after yours. You started it friend.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I don't know, I started learning french and english only one year apart and french was way harder. I'm actually surprised at how many people say english is not an easy language cause I've never heard anyone claim so before today. Obviously learning a new language is never easy but compared to other ones, everyone I know seemed to have less problems with it.

Loved the new chapter! Granny was about to become my new favorite character but then she got scrapped pretty quickly. :/ Can't wait to see what No-rae's brother and Seol-a might be talking about.

I've only ever heard people say English was evil before today. I guess I may have been too influenced by English-hating language teachers. Can't really comment on how hard other languages are from experience. Never showed up to my German controlled assessments because I never listened in my lessons. I blame having an older German cousin called Jamie David Leadbeater. Crisis of existence linked to German didn't help me love the subject.

I somehow missed your entire comment actually EvilNemesis.

I acknowledge it is entirely my fault. I have learned from my sins but am probably an even worse person for it.

last edited at May 3, 2015 7:42PM

1004423_215737701908251_258016894_n
joined Apr 26, 2015

OriginalGengar

I enjoyed it as well, and somehow it felt longer than many previous chapters, perhaps due to variable situations and long conversations (Poor Halmoni^^)

Samba is a master in it all..... who else would have drawn an outlet to such complicated situation between those two in such a smooth way while keeping things realistic ......big fan of her manuscript writing skills.

last edited at May 3, 2015 7:43PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Every foreigner (mostly students) I've known agreed that french is the worst of all (excluding these like chinese, japanese...)... actually even us, french people usually think the same x)

last edited at May 3, 2015 7:49PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

That brings us back to our sleepless No-rae.... what do you think she was thinking of? My guess is....she was saying to herself (Now that I can't run anymore, and can't hurt Seol-A again like that, I should find away to live with this and endure it)....I guess.

I thought maybe she was trying to resist urges to cuddle with Seol-a on her bed.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I've only ever heard people say English was evil before today. I guess I may have been too influenced by English-hating language teachers. Can't really comment on how hard other languages are from experience. Never showed up to my German controlled assessments because I never listened in my lessons. I blame having an older German cousin called Jamie David Leadbeater. Crisis of existence linked to German didn't help me love the subject.

I somehow missed your entire comment actually EvilNemesis.

I acknowledge it is entirely my fault. I have learned from my sins but am probably an even worse person for it.

There's a lot of english-hating here too for various reasons, but it's probably more because US helped the military dictartoship here, which fucked up a lot of things and killed a lot of people.

last edited at May 3, 2015 7:48PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Samba is a master in it all..... who else would have drawn an outlet to such complicated situation between those two in such a smooth way while keeping things realistic ......big fan of her manuscript writing skills.

I propose to stop using the word realistic because everyone has a different life experience. For example, I found the table discussions unrealistic ( uh oh! ) because my experience with dining with parents of new friends/lovers are always bombarding me with immensly embarassing questions. Yes that's the "adults" I've mostly meet and it never gets any easier lol.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

There's a lot of english-hating here too for various reasons, but it's probably more because US helped the military dictartoship here, which fucked up a lot of things and killed a lot of people.

Al right, let's not derail even further.
I was actually pretty happy when we got to the let's-not-discuss-which-language-is-more-evil-part.

She really is. Never read a romance unfold quite so natural before.

last edited at May 3, 2015 7:50PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I propose to stop using the word realistic because everyone has a different life experience. For example, I found the table discussions unrealistic ( uh oh! ) because my experience with dining with parents of new friends/lovers are always bombarding me with immensly embarassing questions. Yes that's the "adults" I've mostly meet and it never gets any easier lol.

Here here!

Al right, let's not derail even further.
I was actually pretty happy when we got to the let's-not-discuss-which-language-is-more-evil-part.

I think this is the third thread I've derailed.

last edited at May 3, 2015 7:51PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I think they just mean "It's not a stretch to see it playing out like that depending on the people involved."

last edited at May 3, 2015 7:52PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I think they just mean "It's not a stretch to see it playing out like that depending on the people Involved".

Asian families not interrogating new people in a roundabout way? Ludicrous!

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I think they just mean "It's not a stretch to see it playing out like that depending on the people Involved".

Asian families not interrogating new people in a roundabout way? Ludicrous!

Could've happened off screen a bit though, no? We didn't really need to see them asking Seol-a and No-rae about their classes together.

Also, Seol-a said it had happened before. What's-her-name got a face that time in the flashback. Getting harder to ignore that girl, I think we'll hear more about Seol-a's former friend.

last edited at May 3, 2015 8:02PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Could've happened off screen a bit though, no? We didn't really need to see them asking Seol-a and No-rae about their classes together.

Ah, for me it was more "who are you, what do you do, what are your grades, wait do you parents do... Etc" Again, different life experience. It got so bad with one family of a friend that I had to tell me to "take a hike". Of course it was more repesctful than that but I loved their reaction of muttering who knows what for the rest of the dinner. The parents of that particular friend don't like me much to this day.

And it has happened a few times, with different asian families. It's like the feel entitled to know all there is about me even though we've just met.

Again, personnal and anecdoctal data and all that, but yeah I haven't been lucky I guess? They don't want their boys n' gurls to hang out with bad follks!

Also, Seol-a said it had happened before. What's-her-name got a face that time in the flashback. Getting harder to ignore that girl, I think we'll hear more about Seol-a's former friend.

If it was Citrus, she'd be a rival love interest and she was only mean because she loved her!

But it's a possibility. Have we seen her face? If yes, there's a greater chance of that happening than if it was a blank face. She might even pop up in the current timeline.

last edited at May 3, 2015 8:14PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Again, personnal and anecdoctal data and all that, but yeah I haven't been lucky I guess? They don't want their boys n' gurls to hang out with bad follks!

...don't all families do that sometimes? Mine does, and I'm not asian. It really depends on their first impression for mine though. If someone like Seol-a were to hypothetically come over, she's so sparkly and nice I don't think they'd ever question their first impression.

If it was Citrus, she'd be a rival love interest and she was only mean because she loved her!

But it's a possibility. Have we seen her face? If yes, there's a greater chance of that happening than if it was a blank face. She might even pop up in the current timeline.

Nah, I don't think the girl liked her. Just that maybe Seol-a had had a crush and never knew it. Maybe. She got a face a chapter ago didn't she? For that matter I don't think she'll ever come back onto the scene, but that we'll gradually see more flashbacks.

last edited at May 3, 2015 8:46PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

...don't all families do that sometimes? Mine does, and I'm not asian. It really depends on their first impression for mine though. If someone like Seol-a were to hypothetically come over, she's so sparkly and nice I don't think they'd ever question their first impression.

There's a difference between asking a few questions and being unable to eat because they aren't done judging if you're a waste of air or not.

Nah, I don't think the girl liked her. Just that maybe Seol-a had had a crush and never knew it. Maybe. She got a face a chapter ago didn't she? For that matter I don't think she'll ever come back onto the scene, but that we'll gradually see more flashbacks.

"If it was Citrus" It would be nice that we see both Seol-a and No-rae's traumas ( the boyfriend and her old friend ). Really interested to know where their issues come from. I'm sure it's in the plans for later but I really want to know and I don't think I'm the only one.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

There's a difference between asking a few questions and being unable to eat because they aren't done judging if you're a waste of air or not.

I can't say for certain because I don't know anything about you, and all I know is that the family was asian and interrogated you, but this sounds like some of these cases could have involved factors that had more to do with the people they were than being asian.

Every asian family I've been to dinner with has been cool with me and very friendly, HOWEVER, one of the same asian families that loved me also strongly disapproved in their oldest son's choice of fiancee and he cut all ties with them over it. (Even the Grandma didn't like the girl.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.