Forum › Yuri mangas that you should be reading but are not here

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Yeah, unfortunately there are some awesome yuri mangas out there, but due to whatever reason/s, they're not/cannot be uploaded here.

If you know one, kindly provide the Mangaupdates link here if there's any, followed by a brief reason why you think it's worth reading. The nation would surely be glad to read your dig of yuri treasures :)

To start off:
Seiten no Hekigan
An alien yuri! We've had our dose of anime alien het rom-com suddenly living with the mc, so this one would surely be familiar to you.
It's scanlated by CXC Scans, so there you go folks :D

And the recently recommended one by EvilDevil:
Murciélago
As esn have said, "Super creepy manga, + recommend. Go read it on the cxc site :)"

last edited at Apr 29, 2014 7:44AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Hmmm... As far as good yuris to read i'm quite not sure, but i can definitively recommend to NOT read Nobara no Mori no Otometachi
So in case you see it around, approach with caution

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

ALL the licensed series. Don't backtalk me: Copyright sucks.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

(unless you're a writer, artist or publisher, of course)

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Stray Little Devil is a fun one to read as well

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Maka-Maka

last edited at Apr 29, 2014 8:07PM

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Hmmm... As far as good yuris to read i'm quite not sure, but i can definitively recommend to NOT read Nobara no Mori no Otometachi

May I ask why?

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Maka-Maka

Maka-Maka was good, but I think it's more on the bi-curious side of yuri.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Maka-Maka

Maka-Maka was good, but I think it's more on the bi-curious side of yuri.

Oh... now I remember why I was not very fond of it... haha.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

I am a writer.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

For fanstuff, there's Secretary Fleet Girl Nagatsuki-chan. Starts off as more of a general comedy, but pretty quickly gets a romantic side

I know someone's been hard-translating it, but I'm not sure how far they've come

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I am a writer.

Sorry, I should have specified "writer who wants to make a living at their craft and not have it ripped off by any entitled kid who thinks that just because they want it, it should be free". But that wouldn't have been as concise.

There are problems with modern copyright for sure, largely to do with ridiculous length of terms and restriction of fan-created works, but the existence of copyright is not one of those problems. The fact is, it's one of the things that allows professional writers and artists to actually make a living so it needs to exist in some form, even if that means you actually have to pay money for books.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Seiten no Hekigan
An alien yuri! We've had our dose of anime alien het rom-com suddenly living with the mc, so this one would surely be familiar to you.

I wanted to read this, but seeing that it was cancelled at the source makes me not want to because I know I will just get disappointed that it doesn't have an ending... and from the comments on Batoto it doesn't even have a rushed ending. :|

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

I am a writer.

Sorry, I should have specified "writer who wants to make a living at their craft and not have it ripped off by any entitled kid who thinks that just because they want it, it should be free". But that wouldn't have been as concise.

There are problems with modern copyright for sure, largely to do with ridiculous length of terms and restriction of fan-created works, but the existence of copyright is not one of those problems. The fact is, it's one of the things that allows professional writers and artists to actually make a living so it needs to exist in some form, even if that means you actually have to pay money for books.

Yeah, you sell books for living. But that's got nothing to do with copyrights.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Seiten no Hekigan

I wanted to read this, but seeing that it was cancelled at the source makes me not want to because I know I will just get disappointed that it doesn't have an ending... and from the comments on Batoto it doesn't even have a rushed ending. :|

Volume 1 itself has a nice character development bet. Natsuki and Aoi. From fighting into making up through fighting, it has a roller coaster feel into it. And at least the arc was properly ended than some bs rushed ending.

joined Mar 12, 2014

Yes I'm in love reading Murcielago at the moment. That manga is awesome and I have a crush on Kuu-chan.. such badass wow.
Another Yuri manga that I enjoy is Tomodachi Login An otaku who admits herself a lesbian having a crush on this cute and meek new friend but the other friend keeps bugging her lol. You can read it either on mangahere or cxc scans site

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

There was a mature BDSM yuri manga (i think the original language is english... duno) someone posted and linked to it (It is not uploaded here). I had bookmarked it but lost it during a cleansing... I can't remember the name! :S

last edited at May 1, 2014 9:38AM

joined Mar 12, 2014

There was a mature BDSM yuri manga (i think the original language is english... duno) someone posted and linked to it (It is not uploaded here). I had bookmarked it but lost it during a cleansing... I can't remember the name! :S

If only you had a time machine:'(

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

May I ask why?

Well, it's basically a worse version of Moon, World, and Stars, the MC is your standard weak shoujo protagonist, the love interest has ESP and teleports everywhere and overall it's really, really pompous

joined Mar 12, 2014

^B-But I enjoyed reading that manga.. well diff people diff opinion hehe^^

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I guess everyone will have to read it to have their own veredict JESUS CHRIST WHAT HAVE I DONE

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

OH!! I know what one you're talking about!! Sunstone, it's on Deviantart.

http://shiniez.deviantart.com/

It's really long and at some parts it drags, but over all, not bad. :)

last edited at May 1, 2014 10:23AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I guess everyone will have to read it to have their own veredict JESUS CHRIST WHAT HAVE I DONE

http://youtu.be/o7pVjl4Rrtc?t=3m27s

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Yes I'm in love reading Murcielago at the moment. That manga is awesome and I have a crush on Kuu-chan.. such badass wow.
Another Yuri manga that I enjoy is Tomodachi Login An otaku who admits herself a lesbian having a crush on this cute and meek new friend but the other friend keeps bugging her lol. You can read it either on mangahere or cxc scans site

Reminds me of "Its not my fault Im not popular" but with yuri and less awkwardness.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yuri mangas that you should be reading but are not here

Ha! No such thing.

Sunstone, it's on Deviantart.

Though, I actually can get behind this one.

For Toho fans, I have to mention House of Sixten for adorableness, though overt yuri isn't guaranteed.

If one must read shoujo yuri, they'd be better off with Blue Friend than Citrus. Continuing with shoujo, I know someone else mentioned it here before - the fourth story in Moyashi Otoko to Tane Shoujo is yuri, though there is not an explicit conclusion.

There are some requests lying around that we never got around to doing for lack of permission (aka, "I never read them"). Like The Secret Garden, or Momono Moto's Tear: 99 (could be up soon), or the very-much-dropped-before-the-yuri-ever-really-came Manatsu Labyrinth.

Last but probably not least, Ajichi has had a couple oneshots featured on GEN. I'm sure someone with a maxed out google-fu skill could probably dig them up without paying. The newer one had some hiccups in translation(?), and they are both quite standard fare, but it's still cute.

last edited at May 2, 2014 12:02PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.