Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I wouldn't go as far as saying he's weak, a little full of himself no doubt though
I mean yeah he got tricked like a dumbass by Arkham but he really only got fucked because he and Dante already tired themselves headbanging over an awesome track, by the time he got back Arkham didn't had much of a chance even with the power of the moth
Trying to fight Mundus was just a dumb idea really, dude's like what, 19 at that point? Dante wrecked the big guy in DMC1 but that was 20 years later
Anyway what i'm trying to say is that i would have a drink with the guy, but i wouldn't be his partner in scheming an evil plan

joined Mar 23, 2013

I wouldn't go as far as saying he's weak, a little full of himself no doubt though
I mean yeah he got tricked like a dumbass by Arkham but he really only got fucked because he and Dante already tired themselves headbanging over an awesome track, by the time he got back Arkham didn't had much of a chance even with the power of the moth
Trying to fight Mundus was just a dumb idea really, dude's like what, 19 at that point? Dante wrecked the big guy in DMC1 but that was 20 years later
Anyway what i'm trying to say is that i would have a drink with the guy, but i wouldn't be his partner in scheming an evil plan

I'm saying weak in the mental sense, scheming isn't his strong suit and he paid dearly for it.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Hello Nero's mother

holy shit, that was afwul camera work

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

15 minutes to get an imposter ditto then 5 mins to catch it because I'm an idiot and left breloom 1st in my party facepalm this is why we like pokegen!

Series: Etrian Odyssey Pairing: Phalanx(Hoplite) x Princess Link: pixiv

joined Mar 23, 2013

/v/ is turbo raged about mods it's incredible

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 10:52PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Why they're raged?

joined Mar 23, 2013

Why they're raged?

steamworkshop now a platform for anyone and their moms to sell their mods for a price.

it's now time to pirate mods

Tfw your favourite skyrim mods are not free

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 11:07PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Why they're raged?

steamworkshop now a platform for anyone and their moms to sell their mods for a price.

you can also take random mods and sell them as if they are yours.

Valve has no quality control whatsoever for anything that is sold in their platform. Man, they most love the pseudo-monopoly they got going where they are willing to not only sell you incomplete games, games that violate copyrights, and now a 75% cut from sold mods... and get away with it.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Why they're raged?

you can also take random mods and sell them as if they are yours.

Valve has no quality control whatsoever for anything that is sold in their platform. Man, they most love the pseudo-monopoly they got going where they are willing to not only sell you incomplete games, games that violate copyrights, and now a 75% cut from sold mods... and get away with it.

Yep, it's just another ploy by The prophet Gabe to siphon more money from PC gaming.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

People put work into their mods and now have the option to make you pay for that work. You have the option to just not pay and look for some free mods. Seems fair to me.

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 11:30PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

People put work into their mods and now have the option to make you pay for that work. You have the option to just not pay and look for some free mods. Seems fair to me.

The thing is that the system is ripe for abuse. Anyone can sell a mod provided they have the data. Then there's the fear that modders might do really sketchy things like make you buy a mod that doesn't work and charge you extra afterwards for a patch.

It's only a one day refund so if anyone buys and doesn't notice in that time frame, that person just bought something that does not work.

I'm not against buying mods, although I'm not sure how legal this is really. But this system sucks balls and is going to spawn scummery in a community that was mostly about making the experience better.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

The thing is that the system is ripe for abuse. Anyone can sell a mod provided they have the data. Then there's the fear that modders might do really sketchy things like make you buy a mod that doesn't work and charge you extra afterwards for a patch.

It's only a one day refund so if anyone buys and doesn't notice in that time frame, that person just bought something that does not work.

I'm not against buying mods, although I'm not sure how legal this is really. But this system sucks balls and is going to spawn scummery in a community that was mostly about making the experience better.

Ah, I thought your anger was directed at the paying for mod things in general.
Yeah, there are definitely some problems to be taken care of first and 75% for Valve is definitely too much. Biggest problem is the QC but I'm not sure how they could take care if that other than community involvement. Free trials on like the first day/week/whatever the mod releases? I don't know.

last edited at Apr 24, 2015 11:59PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I laugh when some modder for skyrim put a system in place so after you use free spells 1/20 times a pop up would tell you that there's a premium version you can pay.

We're going to see some fun things.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ah, I thought your anger was directed at the paying for mod things in general.
Yeah, there are definitely some problems to be taken care of first and 75% for Valve is definitely too much. Biggest problem is the QC but I'm not sure how they could take care if that other than community involvement. Free trials on like the first day/week/whatever the mod releases? I don't know.

With 75 % for them, I don't think the QC would be very "rigorous" ... Gotta check those Policies, they might let anything pass and if it doesn't work they will just take it down and blame the owner of the mod and not the system.

last edited at Apr 25, 2015 1:03AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

What's really fucked up is that Valve's been removing links for donations that the mods creators made available, they really want that sweet cash

Edit: I love those videos

last edited at Apr 25, 2015 1:36AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Is kinda weird because is in spanish so I understand perfectly what he is saying (he speaks a poor spanish), but still hilarious!

Also wow that most voted coment from the video:

What the gullible idiots who are in favor - or neutral - towards this toxic practice completely miss, is that teleologically speaking there is a certain objectivity to what ends up being beneficial to everyone in the long run and what doesn't.

This objectivity (of what is good and what is bad) is correlated with ETHICS and that is what ensued this incurring shitstorm.

The people who say that this practice is legitimate are the same who won't mind loads of DLC, cut-content, on-disc DLC, season passes, micro-transactions, early access and the like. Please, do notice that all the previous examples have one thing in common: To detach you further away from your hard-earned money in exchange for an ever lesser service.

Paid mods will result in legal conundrums of epic proportions since most DLC infringes on various IP copyrights at the same time, and with publishers meddling in a world previously untouched by corporate lawyers and legalese experts, WE THE GAMERS, in due time, will see our mods reduce in quality, variety and spectrum.

In due time, Modders will also be substituted: From being enthusiastic fans who want to introduce new content to the games, to being money hungry prostitutes from poor countries who want a quick buck selling tasteless re-skins. These new modders will whore themselves out to corporate interests in exchange for a meager 25%. Yet again publishers win and WE lose.

This new practice is completely outrageous, no matter how one looks at it. The idea of paid mods is also against the spirit of entrepreneurship, voluntarism, and capitalism. It symbolizes the ascension of monetarism, and the commoditization of every single aspect of content creation.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Edit: I love those videos

So do I, I can totally see the valve guys saying things like that. I bet they're laughing their ass off.

@Serenata Of course the gamers lose in the long run. That games now vs then image where they show you how games are bought is an example of that.

This reminds me of food products you buy and the prive never goes up, but the size is smaller. Over the years you never notice your favourite food has been shrinking over time.

last edited at Apr 25, 2015 2:09AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

This bugs me more than DLC shitfests of the EA/Ubisoft kind because it's a direct strike against the community, there's a reason why the "mod community" has that word in it, if this sticks it'll become nothing more than a bazar, i think that top comment guy nailed it in this paragraph

In due time, Modders will also be substituted: From being enthusiastic fans who want to introduce new content to the games, to being money hungry prostitutes from poor countries who want a quick buck selling tasteless re-skins. These new modders will whore themselves out to corporate interests in exchange for a meager 25%. Yet again publishers win and WE lose.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Is kinda weird because is in spanish so I understand perfectly what he is saying (he speaks a poor spanish), but still hilarious!

Also wow that most voted coment from the video:

What the gullible idiots who are in favor - or neutral - towards this toxic practice completely miss, is that teleologically speaking there is a certain objectivity to what ends up being beneficial to everyone in the long run and what doesn't.

This objectivity (of what is good and what is bad) is correlated with ETHICS and that is what ensued this incurring shitstorm.

The people who say that this practice is legitimate are the same who won't mind loads of DLC, cut-content, on-disc DLC, season passes, micro-transactions, early access and the like. Please, do notice that all the previous examples have one thing in common: To detach you further away from your hard-earned money in exchange for an ever lesser service.

Paid mods will result in legal conundrums of epic proportions since most DLC infringes on various IP copyrights at the same time, and with publishers meddling in a world previously untouched by corporate lawyers and legalese experts, WE THE GAMERS, in due time, will see our mods reduce in quality, variety and spectrum.

This new practice is completely outrageous, no matter how one looks at it. The idea of paid mods is also against the spirit of entrepreneurship, voluntarism, and capitalism. It symbolizes the ascension of monetarism, and the commoditization of every single aspect of content creation.

Replace the "selling mods" with "greenlight system/early access/lack of QA" and it fits as well. See this stellar example of greenlight.

There are also those who manage to publish these sorts of games in steam's actual stores and SELL, skipping greenlight, here's another brilliant master piece

Or how about some copyright infringement game that made it to the store as well? This is still up the Steam store... And it is ILLEGAL.

Valve's QA is literally non-existent (Just like their customer support, like c'mon EA's Origin does customer support AND service policies better... EA... does it... better...), they have always been like this, but mods are the ones that have been causing quite the noise due to such a glaring and reckless attempt at money-grubbing (as well as the notion of paying for mods).

last edited at Apr 25, 2015 2:26AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

OMG that Skate man is disgusting! uggh ....

http://i.imgur.com/URjsBBU.jpg
So it begins... I'm off to sleep guys, see ya

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ HAHAHA

About the pay4mods thing: I personally don't know if this is going to be terrible or not, as usual I think we should just wait and see if it works...although knowing the internet I give it maybe a month till it gets out of control.

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

Replace the "selling mods" with "greenlight system/early access/lack of QA" and it fits as well. See this stellar example of greenlight.

There are also those who manage to publish these sorts of games in steam's actual stores and SELL, skipping greenlight, here's another brilliant master piece

Or how about some copyright infringement game that made it to the store as well? This is still up the Steam store... And it is ILLEGAL.

Valve's QA is literally non-existent (Just like their customer support, like c'mon EA's Origin does customer support AND service policies better... EA... does it... better...), they have always been like this, but mods are the ones that have been causing quite the noise due to such a glaring and reckless attempt at money-grubbing (as well as the notion of paying for mods).

what do you expect from a society where crappy cell phone games that cost barely any money to make become more popular than High Quality games that are "only" bought by gamers? I mean, "why play/buy expensive game if I can just watch Let's plays of them?", is a sentence I heard often enough lately...

joined Mar 23, 2013

what do you expect from a society where crappy cell phone games that cost barely any money to make become more popular than High Quality games that are "only" bought by gamers? I mean, "why play/buy expensive game if I can just watch Let's plays of them?", is a sentence I heard often enough lately...

Fucking let's plays... I can't watch 99.9% of those. This isn't bragging but I'm a lot better than most at games. I never get too attached to a game but let say I'm not far from the 0.5% for any game I play more than a few hours because I like being good.

That's why I cant watch any of those doofus because all I do is facepalm and throw my hand in the air each 2 seconds because these people miss everything and don't fully use what the combat system allows them.

Alas gaming is now cool status so it's for casuals. Seriously, people these days are more interested in seeing if the games are sexist and if there's minority characters portrayed favourably in the story. What happened to "Is the gameplay good?" "Is the game worth your money?". It's all gone...

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Exactly why I follow Chip & Ironicus Let's plays, they are throughout, informative, funny, skillful and best of all, prerecorded with the commentary AFRERWARDS, since you can make corrections and address issues afterwards in another video.

The range of games they cover may be small, but I take quality of quantity

last edited at Apr 25, 2015 3:55AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Maybe the fancy VR stuff will raise the bar again, at least for a while.

Fancy VR stuff? What fancy VR stuff?

Best way to avoid disappointments is to find yourself a reviewer you can relate to and stick with them. You don't even have to have the same tastes as them, with the time you're just gonna know how your and their tastes compare. For me it was TB and Nothernlion but they usually don't do AAA games.

This topic has been locked.