Forum › A "small" topic for video games

joined Mar 23, 2013

Few days ago I've completed Xenoblade Chronicles for the 3rd time. One of my favourite RPG and game of all time. It's a shame not many people managed to play it because of low numbers of game shipped outside Japan.

In less than a month Pillars of Eternity is coming out. It's basically just like an Infinity Engine game ( Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment ). So if anyone wants to play an old style of RPG it's coming out on the 26th.

Then there's The Witcher 3 coming out in May. Jeebus... Spring and Summer id going to be me lacking sunlight RPGing like mad.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Don't worry about Xenoblade, when the new 3ds version comes out it'll sell like hotcakes.

Series: Samurai Warriors Pairing: Aya x Hayakawa Link: pixiv

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Anyone knows of any games with storytelling similar to game like Dark Souls / Demon Souls, as in vague bits that you piece together to tell an incomplete story where assumptions and guessing happens? I saw the ones for these games from Vaatividya.

If it's for the story, you might wanna give Bastion and Transistor a look if you haven't yet. They are quite different gameplay wise and I don't actually remember if there was a lot of piecing things together going on but they are definitely games that did something different with story telling and they did it well.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzmn38NVzXA&t=568
Finally i can hear more of this song, so beautiful ;_;

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Anyone knows of any games with storytelling similar to game like Dark Souls / Demon Souls, as in vague bits that you piece together to tell an incomplete story where assumptions and guessing happens? I saw the ones for these games from Vaatividya.

If it's for the story, you might wanna give Bastion and Transistor a look if you haven't yet. They are quite different gameplay wise and I don't actually remember if there was a lot of piecing things together going on but they are definitely games that did something different with story telling and they did it well.

If you're looking for something that only gives you lore implicitly, try Legend of Grimrock. It's kind of oldschool, but it's definitely got its charm. Not to mention the sequel is out now and it looks really pretty.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Game: RE 6/Revelations 2 Pairing: Claire x Moira and Sherry Link:pixiv
there's also some dialog and Ada x Carla(I think), I think the second page is my favorite =D.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ So I take you still don't care for the actual trailer? xD

Series: Tekken Pairing: Alisa x Xiaoyu Link: Deviantart
I'm really into images using 3d models because they usually look pretty awkward but this one looks really good!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

What trailer?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

If anyone wants a great beat em up with a pinch of Yuri, I reccomend SK2 for 3DS coming this summer

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/senran-kagura-2-deep-crimson-coming-west-summer

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Speaking of sexy games, a new one just came out that's bother line NSFW that really got my attention overnight and i really want to play it, called Cities: Skyline, i'll probably end up buying it after i assemble this cute bastard right here

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Speaking of sexy games, a new one just came out that's bother line NSFW that really got my attention overnight and i really want to play it, called Cities: Skyline, i'll probably end up buying it after i assemble this cute bastard right here

You filthy pervert, there are children reading this!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

If anyone wants a great beat em up with a pinch of Yuri, I reccomend SK2 for 3DS coming this summer

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/senran-kagura-2-deep-crimson-coming-west-summer

It's getting a physical release?! yay!

Game: Tales of Symphonia Pairing: Sheena x Raine Link: Pixiv

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yep, physical release both on America and Europe. You can preorder already on Amazon or Gamestop.

I hope the Senrans manage to show on the "pairing of the day"

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@Kyonne: wow did I really forget to comment on Cities: Skylines? lol Nez is very distracting, looks good I hope it sells well!

@Dark_Tzitzimine: you can always take over my "duties", at least every now and then since I always post series I'm familiar with(mostly capcom, nintendo, atlus or random ps1 games). I'm only familiar with Senran by name but if it's getting a physical release I might as well pick it up someday. All that said I did find some cute stuff...

Series: Senran Kagura Pairing: Yomi x Ikaruga Link: pixiv

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

...Nez is very distracting, looks good...

sashays past

Oh honey, you have no idea!

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Me too Reyn, me too... I should probably work on getting it now that i've met my goal (I really need more space for those guys)
This game was flying completely out of my radar until i stumbled on a thread on /v/ on launch's day and by the Gods what was that, everyone in a freaking 4chan thread of all places mutually agreeing that the game was awesome? And then this review happened and then i got completely sold

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Added the games suggested to my list... geez, got a lot to watch now. Thats good I guess.

Also, saw this trailer, bascially the gist of it is: "We Happy Few is the tale of a plucky bunch of moderately terrible people trying to escape from a lifetime of cheerful denial. Set in a drug-fuelled, retrofuturistic city in an alternative 1960s England, you’ll have to blend in with its other inhabitants, who don’t take kindly to people who don’t abide by their not-so-normal rules"

Just thought it was interesting. Art direction resembles that of Bioshock.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

MKX looks soo gooooddd story preview(gore warning), I love that they are trying to make the game more realistic but the physics are still pretty...MK2ish(bones break? pfft I'll fix it right away) also I'm not really sure how I feel about the QTEs in story mode.

Game: Fire emblem(7) Pairing: Lyn x Florina Link: pixiv1 pixiv2
More hilarious than cute so I posted two and I think it's a parody of the EliwoodxNinian princess carry ending.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Gotta say, dealing with traffics in this game is some hard science...

...And i love it

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Game:Pokemon DPP Pairing: Shirona x Hikari Link: Deviantart1 Deviantart2
Why is this pairing sooooooo cute?!!!! apparently it's called girlpowershipping I have no idea why...

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Game: Phantasy Star Portable 2 Pairing: Emilia x Lumia Link: Pixiv - it's also the cover of this doujin but it's not translated.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Series: Atelier series: Arland Trilogy Pairing: Mimi x Totori Link:pixiv

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Sgea just announced a new dance game with anime characters

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/project-diva-like-miracle-girls-festival-announced-for-ps-vita

Among them, the Yuru Yuri cast.

This topic has been locked.