Forum › A "small" topic for video games

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think this is the trailer that's gotten closest to that authentic 80's feel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsSTE6LGKOU

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I'm biased to this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dofacvjRkc

Ever saw the interview/ad with Michael Biehn? I love him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGL1qpUR9Jo

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I haven't watched many trailers lately(except the ones on the e3/nintendo directs) so those are new to me, they are very nice we need more trailers like that.

Game: Luminous Arc 2 Platform: Nds Pairing: Karen x Rina Links: Pixiv1 Pixiv2
I think they are childhood friends or something I didn't play much of this game...I beat the 1st one but the story isn't very good so I was burned out by it. I didn't expect to find anything considering the type of game this is.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'm biased to this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dofacvjRkc

Ever saw the interview/ad with Michael Biehn? I love him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGL1qpUR9Jo

Yeah, I've seen it. Have you seen this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnuJyJBM_J4

They had a blast working on Blood Dragon.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Game: Splatoon Pairing: Female Inkling x2 Link: H-foundry direct link
Oh internet the game is not out yet...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I've wandered through /v/ enough to know that Splatoon will see some dark times once that game releases

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ I don't want to know >_< but I think I already know...

Game: Five nights at Freddy's 2 Pairing: Mangle x Chica Link: Deviantart
Yup this is a ship too...well I guess it is a very popular series so...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Maaan, i absolutely love those silly bastards, jesus christ
Edit: Wait, i've shown this before haven't i? I dunno i must be getting old
Point is i ways replaying Prime 2 one of these days and it's always a marvel to go through this base

last edited at Feb 22, 2015 5:25PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I like the gruesome deaths logs in prime 1 silly pirates you can't copy Samus' stuff, I would replay prime 2 more if it wasn't for the Spider guardian hah...the Boost guardian is mildly annoying too.

Series: Street Fighter Pairing: Karin x Sakura Ecchi Link: Pixiv

last edited at Feb 22, 2015 10:04PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I was surprised at how easily i took out the Boost Guardian this time, it's all in the jumps
Spider Guardian however can go suck a pool of phazon

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

The fights are easier on the trilogy version but I have no idea how many times I died on my 1st run on the GC version.
I didn't know you could OHK the annoying dark pirate commando(s) that would have saved me some time =O

Game: League of Legends Pairing: Ahri x Emilia Link: Pixiv

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

OHK? You mean aside from freezing them with DARKNESS and then shooting a missile?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Yes I mean the "metroid" combo I never tried it because well...they are DARK commando and dark beam never works on dark creatures.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Fortunately i was probably high and forgot they were dark creatures 'cause they were appearing in the light world so i shot them with darkness anyway ._. XD

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Guy Cihi, the VA for the MC from Silent Hill 2 was in a podcast with Two Best Friends (around 1:33:00), where he talked about the experience he had while working on it, interesting stuff speically when they just finished playing the game.

Guy also joined a streamer to go through the game (and see the game for the first time lol).
Part 1
Part 2

He also made this video with another VA from the game, just playing around with the scenes. For funsies.

Just in case anyone is interested.

Anyways... I saw Two Best Friend's lets play of the game, and having seen the latter games in the series I was not really expecting much from it. Watching it I was definitely impressed by the story and the subtle ways simbolism was used (the guy playing was explaining what he had learned from dev interviews and artwork notes + his own takes on the vague parts), instead of all over ur face which feels like "Look! Simbolism! Metaphors! Using these inherently makes our story smart! Praise us!" which I find too pretentious for my liking. So yea, now I can see why it still is conisdered one of the best horror games of all time, enjoyed that a lot.

last edited at Feb 24, 2015 6:50PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@Kyonne: is that why you used caps on DARKNESS? haha I watched that video when Matt on SGB mentioned it, pretty funny they say that word so many times it doesn't even sound like a real word anymore MORGAN WAS RIGHT?! (parent support B)

@Flips: SH2 is a great game, I was playing RE1 remake today and it makes me feel odd...I really miss the survival horror games. About the symbolism I don't really like it because just like time travel it's very hard to do it right: if you are too subtle people will miss it and someone needs to explain it, if you're not subtle at all it sucks, SH2 does it well.
Dead space 1 has a great atmosphere too I can't remember another newer example since the evil within didn't seem scary to me(correct me if I'm wrong I watched on full screen youtube the 1st 2 chapters and didn't feel it).

Game: FE: A Pairing: Lucina x Serena(cosplaying as Tiamo) Link: Pixiv
I've been spamming Lucina sorry I found this pic and it's pretty awesome I thought it was a LucinaCordelia which would be really weird in context of the game haha.
There's also so much artwork of the dancer girl on the trailer haha if there's a marriage system again she'll be the most popular waifu.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Just another fun parody video by Guy.

He really reminds me of DC Douglas, VA for Wesker from the latest Resident Evil games he appeared on, who is somewhat active with the fanbase. Some of the stuff hes made for the fans:
Outtakes (jokes) for a scene on the game .
Old Spice parody as Wesker.
Collection of voice mail and ring tones.
Crossover with another VA role he did on Mass Effect.
And uh... reading an erotic Resident Evil bit + other highlights doing VA for a convention
His stuff is pure gold.

@Rye the Dead Space series had so much potential... sucks that they are mirroring what Resident Evil, turning towards the action side too hard. Saw Two Best Friends play Evil Within, it's not... bad... but it is not what people wanted from the creator of the Resident Evil they loved. Its too on the face with all the gore-fest going on trying to get shock value out of scenes/gameplay every horror movie/game does nowadays, to make it short: It was a dissapointment... So you are not missing out on much there.

last edited at Feb 25, 2015 5:30AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Alright! 99 stock match finished with enough tippers against Lucina to power an entire civilization
Next step is 99 minutes match on Balloon Flight

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@flips: xD yes he is. That sucks I was happy when I saw the 1st trailer sigh...I mean the only true horror game right now is a 2002 game and speaking of RE1 have you seen Resident Hazard he also reviewed the live action movies and has a lot of fun while doing them.

@kyonne: It's been a long time since I play a 99 stock match and I still haven't got used to the length Marth's Falchion I keep missing because "it's not melee"

lol @RE Revelations 2 wtf bricks are so powerful!

Game: Chrono Trigger Platform: MANY Pairing: Ayla x Lucca Link: booru I hate when I can't find the source

last edited at Feb 26, 2015 3:34AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I finally have a reason to write here, because I'm playing hyperdimension re;birth 1 (pc) and I'm having such a great time with it! All the jokes, references and the unlimited yuri/shipping potential omg XD it has a pairing system in battles to support each others and is stronger depending on ...*pause for drama* The Lily level" I love that name hahaha , guys I have ff: LR with dlcs and I dont care right now, all I want to do is play hyperdimension and raise the lily levels of playstation (Noire) with Neptunia

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm gonna get all the Hyper games when I buy myself a Vita :D

Game: Final Fantasy 6 Pairing: Tina/Terra x Celes Link: direct link

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

MKX story trailer! Looks like Mileena will be an important character too sweet

Game: Ragnarok online Pairing: Alice x Aliza Link: Pixiv

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I finally have a reason to write here, because I'm playing hyperdimension re;birth 1 (pc) and I'm having such a great time with it! All the jokes, references and the unlimited yuri/shipping potential omg XD it has a pairing system in battles to support each others and is stronger depending on ...*pause for drama* The Lily level" I love that name hahaha , guys I have ff: LR with dlcs and I dont care right now, all I want to do is play hyperdimension and raise the lily levels of playstation (Noire) with Neptunia

Neptunia is one of the most "yuri" series around. Is all but said that Noire and Neptune have a thing going on, Uni outright says that she loves Nepgear on Re; Birth 2, IF is practically the yuri poster girl and so on.

Mind you, while the games are pretty divisive the setting, plot and characters are really good.

This topic has been locked.