Forum › Vespa discussion

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

Don´t you dare touch my woman Punch in her face. The best part. So... It's over, right? what a joke.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Wao. So they didn't even end up together? That's stupid as fuck. Not to mention, illogical. THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE RESCUE! But I'm really not sure if they're not together. Why would the princess visit the hospital if not for her? Also, WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD THEY GO BACK TO THEIR KINGDOM WITH THAT AWFUL MOTHER!? There were too many holes in this ending. Literally almost none of the questions were answered.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

What is the fucking ending? The story doesn't tell us the reason why they are not together, why she cuts her hair? WHY! WHY! WHY!

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

I think I can say, Love DNA XX was better.

Dude, Love DNAXX was fucking awful. Never before have I seen a series set in a society comprised entirely of women and yet still manage to be incredibly chauvinistic and patriarchal. Seriously, what a stupid concept. '“Oh, your men are dead are they? Have I got a solution for you! Just pretend some of your women are men so you can make sure all the discrimination and heterosexism that existed in your previous male dominated system never stops!”
I mean, I know Japan is really sexist compared to western countries and all but LoveDNAXX is just absurd. Its like the creator has never heard of feminism or gender equality and and thinks women actually just keep going along with the ridiculous system Japan has, where women are viewed as little more than obedient housewives. Yeah, cause that's totally something all the girls are in for, cause women like the kitchen so much that if the men died off they would get other women to tell them to stay in the kitchen. Its such a stupid, stupid, stupid concept.

TL:DR: Love DNAXX is stupid and sexist because it implies that patriarchy and male dominance is necessary for society to move forward and that femininity and feminine women are weak and worthless, while masculine women are freaks that exist solely to take the place of the man in a relationship and have no need to exist in a society with men in it.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

TL:DR: Love DNAXX is stupid and sexist because it implies that patriarchy and male dominance is necessary for society to move forward and that femininity and feminine women are weak and worthless, while masculine women are freaks that exist solely to take the place of the man in a relationship and have no need to exist in a society with men in it.

While I don't think Love DNAXX was that great, did you actually read it? The main challenge of the story is that two girls can't be together because of arbitrary nonsense and there are numerous instances of characters lamenting the problems the system cause them. The ending even flat out says that the women who instituted the Adam/Eve system did it because they couldn't adjust to a world without men, right before saying that in a few years the system will be torn down because it's dumb.

The story pretty much agrees with you.

last edited at Aug 4, 2014 2:09AM

Bacon Pancakes
0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

I had to take a minute before reading this because I was laughing hard at the warning note.

LOL I was thinking about the same thing

I guess the ending's whatever. I don't have enough imagination to like open endings

last edited at Aug 4, 2014 2:31AM

Knight
joined Oct 10, 2013

What the heck........

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Dude, Love DNAXX was fucking awful. Never before have I seen a series set in a society comprised entirely of women and yet still manage to be incredibly chauvinistic and patriarchal. Seriously, what a stupid concept. '“Oh, your men are dead are they? Have I got a solution for you! Just pretend some of your women are men so you can make sure all the discrimination and heterosexism that existed in your previous male dominated system never stops!”
I mean, I know Japan is really sexist compared to western countries and all but LoveDNAXX is just absurd. Its like the creator has never heard of feminism or gender equality and and thinks women actually just keep going along with the ridiculous system Japan has, where women are viewed as little more than obedient housewives. Yeah, cause that's totally something all the girls are in for, cause women like the kitchen so much that if the men died off they would get other women to tell them to stay in the kitchen. Its such a stupid, stupid, stupid concept.

laawwllll. Dood, the manga wasn't entirely terrible. The concept of the "Adam and Eve" system was developed by an older generation of women who used to be affiliated by men back in whatever age they were living in. If you read all the chapters including chapter 17, you can see that our heroines agree that the whole "Adam and Eve" concept is pretty friggin' dumb like you said. They even rebel against it plus have their sweet forbidden love affairs with each other. No one wants to be expected to fulfill a role by society just because they're assigned as a male or female or born as one. I think that's one of the points the Mangaka was trying to make.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

that's it? but they just started an international crisis with both kingdoms! isnt this a cause for a war??

well, happy ending I guess.

joined Nov 30, 2011

There was some pretty f****d up shit in that story. But it was all washed away as if nothing happened and the relationship between the main heroine and her lover finally picked up after punching a b*tch in the face.

@ the person saying LOVE DNAXX was worse, you (as others clearly state) missed the whole point behind it). While I agree that it could have been better despite the cheesy ham-fisted ending. I like it for being something a little more unusual. I just wish there was more because I'm a sucker for the underdog stories and wished there was more development of that route before it ended. Oh well. Still read it once and a while.

joined Feb 19, 2011

Short but satisfying ~

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Okay, I need to ask. Was pg 37 the monologue of the Queen before she died? So, in a fucked up way, she actually liked the Princess Isabelle or needed her?

joined Nov 30, 2011

Okay, I need to ask. Was pg 37 the monologue of the Queen before she died? So, in a fucked up way, she actually liked the Princess Isabelle or needed her?

I thought she was going to use her for babies and then kill her off after she had birth a child.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Are we just going to ignore the fact that after all that BS they are still not together?
No?
Welp this manga is right down there with softcharm imo

Rsz_uzfg
joined May 24, 2014

Also, the "like a bee" just seemed dropped in there to me. It's probably supposed to link to the title, but to be honest I still have no idea about why it's named "Vespa".

This may be just a simple reason? "Vespa" sounds like the german word "Wespe", which is a animal that resembles a bee.

11987161_1662992157250246_4752483831939925755_n
joined Jun 20, 2014

I think the queen is vespa and the working bee is the lover of princess, and the princess is the queen bee , ~ :D kinda like this

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Are we just going to ignore the fact that after all that BS they are still not together?
No?
Welp this manga is right down there with softcharm imo

They are.

joined Aug 24, 2013

Ending was not satisfactory.
Also I rooted for Koizuka x Captain :D

last edited at Aug 4, 2014 11:33AM

Commandershepard13
joined Mar 24, 2014

While I don't think Love DNAXX was that great, did you actually read it? The main challenge of the story is that two girls can't be together because of arbitrary nonsense and there are numerous instances of characters lamenting the problems the system cause them. The ending even flat out says that the women who instituted the Adam/Eve system did it because they couldn't adjust to a world without men, right before saying that in a few years the system will be torn down because it's dumb.

The story pretty much agrees with you.

Yeah, I'm sorry about the rant. I was tired and stir crazy and just generally in a bad mood so I decided "Rant time!"

Clearly not my best decision.
And yeah, I had trouble getting through the first chapter and didn't really read beyond that. It just seemed too stupid to take seriously.
Again, sorry, seriously. This is just proof as to why I shouldn't be allowed on the internet when I'm tired.

last edited at Aug 4, 2014 1:12PM

Commandershepard13
joined Mar 24, 2014

laawwllll. Dood, the manga wasn't entirely terrible. The concept of the "Adam and Eve" system was developed by an older generation of women who used to be affiliated by men back in whatever age they were living in. If you read all the chapters including chapter 17, you can see that our heroines agree that the whole "Adam and Eve" concept is pretty friggin' dumb like you said. They even rebel against it plus have their sweet forbidden love affairs with each other. No one wants to be expected to fulfill a role by society just because they're assigned as a male or female or born as one. I think that's one of the points the Mangaka was trying to make.

Sorry. I was tired and grumpy and decided to rant about something I knew little about. Seriously, sorry.

joined Apr 14, 2013

The ending made me a bit mad like really

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

a bit?

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Sorry. I was tired and grumpy and decided to rant about something I knew little about. Seriously, sorry.

I understand, you seem like a really nice person so we're cool :)

joined Aug 4, 2014

I can't help but just ask myself "And...?" after reading the last chapter. It's like one of the worst endings I've seen in yuri so far. Why? Because I dunno shit. You can't even call it "open ending". It's not a bad title, but still.. I dunno shit!

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

If I'm going to mad, it's at chapter 2 >_<

To reply you must either login or sign up.