Forum › Stretch discussion

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

Say, is Keiko a rare name ? I wonder if Ran knew about Keiko's past so she can relate THAT Keiko to THIS Keiko..

guys, there's a more important thing you missed to discuss on the earlier page!
I means, she just broke her button with stretching, that bastard Ran!

That was awesome
And sexy

I think Ran should be the kind of popular girl, well, she's pretty, stand out, funny, bigboobs and stuffs... I'm suprised that there aren't any guy flirting her

Even if she's like this:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch19
But in real life does guys really care about that ? I think that's kind of cute tho..

And she don't seem have any interested in romance stuff, I wonder why.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch17#4

last edited at May 16, 2014 11:37PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I doubt the next chapter will be more of this dude. In fact, I predict the next two will have little to do with it beyond Ran glancing at Keiko a lot.

... Which will quickly turn into burning, passionate stares, amirite?

Significant glances, but not immediately explained.

joined Mar 23, 2013

About the kid, that's totally normal, Keiko is definitively more impactful in his life then a child that never came. Men don't bond the same way because they don't carry the children. The bond between father and child is something that happens after birth.

The loss of the baby is definitely less important to him than the lost of his girlfriend / ex-fiance.

ok, so I am not trying to be a jerk, and for sure the bonding of mother-child is definitely more intense than the bonding of a father-child before birth. that being said...

I am going to go on record here for the sake of all considerate/sensitive men everywhere and say that we do care!!! if my partner were to get pregnant that child's life would be just as, if not more important to me than the relationship (not the life of my partner, but the relationship) I would have with my partner. and if my partner were to miscarry, i would 1) be super worried about my partner's mental and physical health, BUT 2) i would also be upset that our child was lost (and its no one's fault, i would definitely not blame my partner, and i would try to be as considerate as possible in how we as a couple dealt with the miscarriage. i am just saying that it would not be something that i would relegate to the realm of "out of sight, out of mind")

once again, i just wanted to clear that up, at least for myself because i don't think that way (meaning what Evilnemesis said or how the guy in ch21 was acting). other than that i agree +/ follow most of the speculation/ideas that Evilnemesis put forward. so try not to get mad, just try to understand my viewpoint :P

Not a jerk at all, it's hard to understand exactly what someone is saying online. I'm not saying men are not able to understand, just the bond is stronger ( if I were saying that, I'd be saying that I can't either ).

There's still the possibility that he did not know she lost the baby before they went separate ways. Because he clearly said something like "I don't understand what happened and / or changed".

You'd have to be quite the dimwit to not understand why suddenly a woman would feel this way after such an experience.

I was actually quite shocked at first and that's why I theorized that it's possible he wasn't aware at the time of the break-up because someone can't be so insensitive ( in my mind ). Although, people have shown me otherwise in the past.

This could also be the typical Japanese salary man not understanding anything else aside work, work... and work.

But I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Also, for those that think they're going to hook back up, are you nuts? There's just too much pain associated with that relatively quick ( shotgun marriage ) relationship. This might not be a yuri end, but there's no chance in hell that this relationship rekindle.

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

Not a jerk at all, it's hard to understand exactly what someone is saying online. I'm not saying men are not able to understand, just the bond is stronger ( if I were saying that, I'd be saying that I can't either ).

There's still the possibility that he did not know she lost the baby before they went separate ways. Because he clearly said something like "I don't understand what happened and / or changed".

You'd have to be quite the dimwit to not understand why suddenly a woman would feel this way after such an experience.

I was actually quite shocked at first and that's why I theorized that it's possible he wasn't aware at the time of the break-up because someone can't be so insensitive ( in my mind ). Although, people have shown me otherwise in the past.

This could also be the typical Japanese salary man not understanding anything else aside work, work... and work.

But I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Also, for those that think they're going to hook back up, are you nuts? There's just too much pain associated with that relatively quick ( shotgun marriage ) relationship. This might not be a yuri end, but there's no chance in hell that this relationship rekindle.

I suppose it is more likely that he doesn't know, just because both of us agree that there is no way someone could be that big of a jerk and call themselves human :P but if that is the case then it definitely proves that keiko was not attached to him in any other way besides the kid, so much so that she didn't even feel obligated to tell him about losing the child.

so yeah, no way they are getting back together. not only because what I mentioned above, but because if the author wanted to have a resolution with this guy then the author would have introduced him in a different way. I see this as a way to advance the relationship between ran/kieko, maybe not towards yuri but still a way to bring about some drama.

still hoping for a yuri resolution though :)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The fact is, the way the story is set up seems to indicate that if anyone's a good match for Keiko it's Ran. Nobody else seems nearly as compatible nor sensitive to her needs, nor indeed knows her so well. As for the other direction, for all her talk Ran seems uninterested in other relationships and as we saw at the group date actively pushes guys away.

So a yuri resolution doesn't only make sense from a fan's point of view, it seems the right choice from how the story has gone so far.

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

The fact is, the way the story is set up seems to indicate that if anyone's a good match for Keiko it's Ran. Nobody else seems nearly as compatible nor sensitive to her needs, nor indeed knows her so well. As for the other direction, for all her talk Ran seems uninterested in other relationships and as we saw at the group date actively pushes guys away.

So a yuri resolution doesn't only make sense from a fan's point of view, it seems the right choice from how the story has gone so far.

And then he trolls us all and ran gets a boyfriend....

Brave_nehsafphnw
joined Dec 27, 2013

god please no

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

And it's Keiko's ex.

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

And it's Keiko's ex.

and keiko is forever alone

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

And it's Keiko's ex.

reminds me of binbougami.

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

And it's Keiko's ex.

why? what happened in that?

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

And it's Keiko's ex.

you sure you want to know? it's a real great read though. so I advise you to read it all! it's worth it. to get the feels, you may want to start by watching the anime first then read all the manga!!. anyway, since you asked for it, basically, Ichiko Sakura, the super lucky human, ended up with her cough cough boyfriend cough cough in the end. while Momiji, the goddess of poverty whom i WORSHIP, ended up to her usual gig as a binbougami ALONE, saying bullshit like it's better that way. so much feels. i just. can't. really explain. how the f*ck the author trolled with us. how could they never ended up together. that i do not understand. Momiji and Ichiko have that great chemistry between them. i just. ughhh.
you may want to check the doujins on this site. err more like images. xp

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

And it's Keiko's ex.

you sure you want to know? it's a real great read though. so I advise you to read it all! it's worth it. to get the feels, you may want to start by watching the anime first then read all the manga!!. anyway, since you asked for it, basically, Ichiko Sakura, the super lucky human, ended up with her cough cough boyfriend cough cough in the end. while Momiji, the goddess of poverty whom i WORSHIP, ended up to her usual gig as a binbougami ALONE, saying bullshit like it's better that way. so much feels. i just. can't. really explain. how the f*ck the author trolled with us. how could they never ended up together. that i do not understand. Momiji and Ichiko have that great chemistry between them. i just. ughhh.

yeah no,if that's the payoff then i say screw that, i was joking, didn't think any author would be stupid and mean enough to pull a "and the yuri was all just a lie" again after that one manga where they all got boyfriends in the end (i will not speak its name for it is unworthy), yeah you know the one.

joined Dec 16, 2013

that one manga where they all got boyfriends in the end (i will not speak its name for it is unworthy), yeah you know the one.

what? love lab?

last edited at May 19, 2014 11:15PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

There is no trolling though, their relationship was that of friendship.

Well it make sense, in the sense ( weeeee ) that they have no serious relationship outside of each other. We've seen like 2-3 characters outside of them and they were featured in one chapter.

We'll just have to find out as we read along I guess.

joined Dec 16, 2013

the het end really forced though. sudden development in the last 10 chapter......

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

that one manga where they all got boyfriends in the end (i will not speak its name for it is unworthy), yeah you know the one.

what? love lab?

i said do not speak its name!
oh and there is one other one i cant recall that also did that.....

last edited at May 20, 2014 2:45AM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

the het end really forced though. sudden development in the last 10 chapter......

Yeah, and they set it for Ichiko and Momiji to be lover in previous incarnation too.

The freaking author used yuri to tease readers all over (with all of those typical shounen confession: would you stay with me, if you need help i would run right over, and crap) and then ended with a forced-as-hell het ending.

last edited at May 20, 2014 2:48AM

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Yeah, and they set it for Ichiko and Momiji to be lover in previous incarnation too.

The freaking author used yuri to tease readers all over (with all of those typical shounen confession: would you stay with me, if you need help i would run right over, and crap) and then with a forced-as-hell het ending.

whenever that happens in yuri i feel life i just played a VN game and got one of the bad endings, leaving a bitter feeling, except i cant retry for a good or true end

last edited at May 20, 2014 2:48AM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

whenever that happens in yuri i feel life i just played a VN game and got one of the bad endings, leaving a bitter feeling, except i cant retry for a good or true end

More like a troll ending!!

Something like "Your hero destroyed the evil villain, and saved the world. But on the way back, he tripped on the sword you discard and broke his neck"

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

yeah no,if that's the payoff then i say screw that, i was joking, didn't think any author would be stupid and mean enough to pull a "and the yuri was all just a lie" again after that one manga where they all got boyfriends in the end (i will not speak its name for it is unworthy), yeah you know the one.

Lol I dropped it when the boys first appeared and seems I was right. Not sure why they throw boys into the middle of an all female cast manga/anime for, I'm sure no one interested in that kind of half-ass het romance, and they even lose all their yuri viewers, what a stupid move.

last edited at May 20, 2014 3:27AM

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Lol I dropped it when the boys first appeared and seems I was right. Not sure why they throw boys into the middle of an all female cast manga/anime for, I'm sure no one interested in that kind of half-ass het romance, and they even lose all their yuri viewers, what a stupid move.

Because when the yuri becomes even more overt to nanoha levels they must either embrace the yuri like nanoha did with nanofate or backpeddle like shit to avoid getting thier bosses angry, and obviously the second option usually nets them more sales because japan can be like that at times.
Then again nonoha had more sales than that looking at these numbers so it looks like most of thier fanbase were actually yuri fans and got pissed with the het cause im noticing a massive sales drop in the chapters the boys showed up in

last edited at May 20, 2014 4:14AM

joined Dec 16, 2013

oh and there is one other one i cant recall that also did that.....

is it lost paradise?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Hey now, Love Lab was funny so it wasn't that bad. I get your dissapointment though, I felt the same when Nyaruko-san and Henneko pulled the 'through wacky hijinks the lesbian falls in love with the dorky protagonist' bullshit. That really bothered me.

Av
joined Nov 12, 2013

Wow, I just knew he was talking about Keiko before the end!
I'm praying to the yuri goddess this guy doesn't end up with Keiko...

last edited at May 20, 2014 11:29PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.