Forum › True Blue Baby discussion

Tumblr_l_811311092636236
joined Feb 9, 2023

Thanks to the uploader for posting the oneshot. And glad to see that the story resonated with some folks. :3

If anyone's interested in seeing the characters in color, Pyaa's design note pages from the anthology are here:

Haruka & Rena

Yuuki (Shindou) & Sakura

In addition to what's already been said, I just want to mention how much I like the added context from the flashback anecdotes. Both characters were dealing with (and end up helping each other with) different kinds of social pressures that are put on girls - Haruka is unhappy with how she's pushed to present femininely and Rena is not comfortable with casual touching despite the assumption that skinship is normal - in ways that inform how they act in the present and ultimately resolve things.

last edited at Jun 11, 2024 9:43PM

joined Sep 10, 2023

dude its romance its been like that since millenia

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Yeah. My favorite two things about this story were how they dealt with the theme of consent and also how the prince felt like a realistic butch person in some ways -- the author actually explored what her gender expression meant to her as opposed to what it meant to others. I don't know... it just felt fairly grounded compared to other manga with similar tropes.

Emksz5tuyaupjuem
joined Apr 18, 2023

Theyre so cute together

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

I liked this one, especially the while “just ask” thing. Consent is awesome, consent is sexy

Consent is love
Consent is life

Anways, generic or no, I’m a sucker for the prince archetypes so ima gobble this up lol

7a067e9e6fb1c92210174e64e9f1e23d
joined Jun 19, 2013

100% agree with everyone here about how refreshing it is that the prince character actually wants to be butch. When I was young I settled for the scraps of "wants to be feminine, forced to be masculine and secretly hates it" but now I'm too old to settle for such weak representation.

last edited at Jun 16, 2024 1:33PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.