Forum › The Doctor, the Barmaid and Valentine's Day discussion

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

I found Reiko a bit passive aggressive.

"You forgot Valentine's day, so maybe I'll get married.. how would you like that!"

Emotional blackmail.

Meh. It's fine. Reiko seemed to know that Maki wanted to move forward, but was over thinking it. She just needed give her girl a push. I will agree she should have been more forward about it, but it does make good reading. It gives the reader a moment of tension, and a beautiful romantic resolution.

Adding on, the way op said it made seem like that was all there was to it. When really she was pointing out how forgetting “trivial” things that end up causing relationships to fall apart. Birthdays, anniversaries, Valentine’s, you name it, these happen every year and every so often once in a while, we let these events slip our minds. And yes they seem minor or trivial, but the significance of these events are they’re the chances we get to celebrate the relationships we have with others, and for some people it can be hurtful to be forgotten like that. Just take a look at those dudes from the bar, it’s Valentine’s Day and here they are at a bar when they should be at home spending time with their partners. They even went and admitted to getting something from their wives on Valentine’s, but not put the effort on remembering to do the same on White day, do you think their relationships are great? At some point, the more you forget these things in a relationship, the less effort you put in maintaining the relationship itself, and at some point, they’ll just inevitably fall apart in the end.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

The whole story kind of gave me the vibes of "getting married to fix a broken relationship", which is never a good sign (except of course there is no marriage for I'm assuming legal reasons.) I didn't like it as much as most of you did.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

The whole story kind of gave me the vibes of "getting married to fix a broken relationship", which is never a good sign (except of course there is no marriage for I'm assuming legal reasons.) I didn't like it as much as most of you did.

I don't think they had a broken relationship, nor did I get the same vibes as you did. The relationship wasn't moving forward as much as either party was really wanting. The Barmaid wanted the Doctor to overcome her tendency to overthink everything, so she gave the Doctor a bit of a push. Their relationship moved forward, things ended happy.

Ezisrudvkaylvds
joined Jan 19, 2021

I've had cats for 30+ years and never once had there ever been a sub and dom type of relationship. I think the reference to the cat here is that her girlfriend comes and goes on her own time frames exactly like a cat that is let to go inside and outside. Frankly, I get tired of this whole dom/sub thing these days as it never really results in a happy relationship unless it is very light and a dom never pushes the other to only do as she wants, never letting the sub choose for herself what she wants, which is what you see in many manga comics these days, even forced sex.

No I think they have a point, Neko in the japanese LGBT community is slang for the bottom in a lesbian relationship (the top is referred to as a Tachi btw). Though equating top/bottom to dom/sub is also inaccurate, I don't wanna be here splitting hairs.

Ak12-an94
joined Mar 10, 2018

If there is still love, there will be a way of fixing things. Hope it works for these two. It was bittersweet in it's onw way, but still precious. Thank you very much for bringing us the traslation ♥

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

The cover page already got me sold and it only got better!

Screenshot_7
joined Dec 28, 2017

No I think they have a point, Neko in the japanese LGBT community is slang for the bottom in a lesbian relationship (the top is referred to as a Tachi btw). Though equating top/bottom to dom/sub is also inaccurate, I don't wanna be here splitting hairs.

I was just about to ask if there was some double meaning to neko for Japanese LGBT, like the word lily, because I swear I've heard people use it and they get -w- reactions. Glad this comment confirmed it for me. I also looked this up on Google and they do list neko as a slang.

last edited at Apr 5, 2021 3:01AM

D4d93d7defd05c7fbedff90b7d82fc4e
joined Sep 26, 2020

Am I weird for thinking that 6 years gap isn't that much, or no. . . ?

Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-23_um_21.02.14
joined Jun 13, 2012

Am I weird for thinking that 6 years gap isn't that much, or no. . . ?

Considering the younger one is already 29 years old, I also don't see this as a very wide age gap. However, If one of them would be younger than 20, then the gab would seem bigger. The older you get, the less significant the age gap becomes, I would say. So, I was surprised when it was stated, that the doctor had a complex about their six year age difference.

last edited at Apr 8, 2021 6:04PM

Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-23_um_21.02.14
joined Jun 13, 2012

I enjoyed this one very much. It's rare seeing an adult yuri work which does not include OLs. Very refreshing :)

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

kuudere posted:

I need more of this. Can someone suggest me a series similar to this? Not office ladies, just plain adult stories, not manhwas or manhuas, just yuri manga hehe. Thank you in advance

You'll have the most luck in the Yuri Manga Recommendation thread. I'm very partial to Collectors, an episodic Adult Life series about an older, very chill couple.

Thank you I just finished all of the recommended there XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.