Forum › Arknights!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Ugh my final 10 roll. At least I got a new GreyThroat, I guess.

parses

...I think you need to take a second look.

Indeed.

Finally joined the club. Free ticket bought me another copy of Hung. First orundum roll gave me Gitano and second was a 6 star... Aak x3

Nian wants our wallets! It's a conspiracy!

last edited at Aug 2, 2020 9:03AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Finally joined the club. Free ticket bought me another copy of Hung. First orundum roll gave me Gitano and second was a 6 star... Aak x3

Nian wants our wallets! It's a conspiracy!

Clearly an old skool dragon, she wants all our shinies :v

...speaking of DORAGONS tho, I managed to randomly pull Ch'en yesterday. Full Lungmen cop squad achieved! ('w')v

Funniest part of Aak's bio is how he hit off with fellow medical practicioner of dubious ethics Warfarin. Mad scientists flock together lel

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Here's another picture:

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/79290071

Amiya x Lappland NSFW

There doesn't seem to be many (yuri) ships involving Amiya unlike FGO's Mash or Magia Record's Iroha though. Or I could've been looking in the wrong place.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Here's another picture:

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/79290071

Amiya x Lappland NSFW

There doesn't seem to be many (yuri) ships involving Amiya unlike FGO's Mash or Magia Record's Iroha though. Or I could've been looking in the wrong place.

True that there's not many due to Doctor usually being male and Doc x Kal'tsit being the more popular pairing (either hetero or yuri).

However, have some of these:

Blaze x Amiya:

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/82688045

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/82722964

Two bunnies, Frostnova x Amiya:

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/81287694

Ch'en x Amiya:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1237051274987634692

Am I the only one with a non-binary Doctor headcanon? They use they/them pronouns so it's an easy headcanon to have lol

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

From what I've seen the Doctor is an energetic brown haired girl who likes flirting with her female coworkers.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Am I the only one with a non-binary Doctor headcanon? They use they/them pronouns so it's an easy headcanon to have lol

That'd have more to do with the original language boasting the convenience of gender-neutral pronouns AFAIK, which obviously rather simplifies leaving the details to the players' imagination (without having to pay for more art)...

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Why does anyone trust the Doctor though? If I saw a real person dressed the way the Doctor does I'd be super suspicious of them rather than trusting of them.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Why does anyone trust the Doctor though? If I saw a real person dressed the way the Doctor does I'd be super suspicious of them rather than trusting of them.

I'd say Rhodes Island is somewhat deficient in trustworthy-looking staff in general... but the obvious answer is "because the (rest of the) company brass vouches for him/her" plus they demonstrated their tactical chutzpah swiftly enough, which is what earned them the respect of newer rankers like Dobermann.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Most of the fanart I see on here actually seems to reflect that discomfort. It's rare for Texas to look happy around Lappland.

*parses*

...I think you need to take a second look.

On this site? Texas only looks happy in one image while the rest are frowns, scowls, or blank looks. I'm not talking about the entirety of the internet.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Nobody told me there was an eye patch girl with a chainsaw (Popukar) in this game. I might need to try it after all.

joined Jul 26, 2016

On this site? Texas only looks happy in one image while the rest are frowns, scowls, or blank looks. I'm not talking about the entirety of the internet.

This is Texas we're talking about. Something is terribly, terribly wrong if she doesn't look like someone peed in her cereals. For the entirety of the past week. it was probably Lappland anyway o3o

I now also have doubts concerning your skills at visual and context interpretation.

last edited at Aug 2, 2020 4:34PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I finally got around to watching Ancient Forge's story. That was fun, if a bit confusing, though I'll chalk that up to me being unfamiliar with the myths and legends it was based on/referencing.

Also I ship Lava x Nian for real now.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This is Texas we're talking about. Something is terribly, terribly wrong if she doesn't look like someone peed in her cereals. For the entirety of the past week. it was probably Lappland anyway o3o

I now also have doubts concerning your skills at visual and context interpretation.

I'm not really sure what point is being made since my main claim was just that it's rare for Texas to look happy around Lappland on this site, which makes a fan artwork depicting her actively smiling at Lappland interesting. That seems pretty factual to me.

And either way there's really no need to be making claims about interpretative abilities or lack thereof in that way, when there's been a grand total of not much real discussion on this topic, so I'm respectfully out.

I finally got around to watching Ancient Forge's story. That was fun, if a bit confusing, though I'll chalk that up to me being unfamiliar with the myths and legends it was based on/referencing.

The set up does make it confusing, but you're not actually missing much in the way of referenced myths or legends. Most of the stories being told in the movie and stuff like the Nian being a collective entity were made up for the Arknights universe. Real life myths about the Nian are really simple and boil down to something like this: On New Year's Eve, at the very beginning of a new year, a monster with animal features shows up to eat people and wreck havoc. Firecrackers, loud noises, or the color red can scare it away, which led to those elements becoming part of Chinese New Year traditions.

You get some flourishes added to that basic set-up, like the people cowering in fear each year, a sacrifice being left for it, or some 'hero' figuring out firecrackers deter it, but it's a simple legend at its core.

Also I ship Lava x Nian for real now.

The ship is real.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Here's another of one Texas and Lappland:

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/83420190

NSFW

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

This one looks so comfy ngl

Nobody told me there was an eye patch girl with a chainsaw (Popukar) in this game. I might need to try it after all.

LMAO. She a cutie but she's also gacha locked for now, gl with your early rolls if you install.

Edit: I like how 50% of my friend list is missing that clue 4, Istina gave me a 2 and a 7 >_>

last edited at Aug 3, 2020 8:49AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Edit: I like how 50% of my friend list is missing that clue 4, Istina gave me a 2 and a 7 >_>

the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie
the cake is a lie

joined Jul 26, 2016

LMAO. She a cutie but she's also gacha locked for now, gl with your early rolls if you install.

Popu is pretty funny but unfortunately hits a ceiling pretty hard due to her low rarity which caps her from getting the second promotion - and her particular class archetype needs it to achieve full effectiveness. :/

Should be useful enough early on if you get her ofc - E2 promotions cost a whole lotta stuff - but you'll likely pull Estelle from Recruitement soon enough who shares the archetype but has markedly higher ceiling due to being one rarity higher and eligible for E2... she's also daww and must be protecc

joined Apr 30, 2020

This one looks so comfy ngl

Blaze x Amiya is an unexpected shipping from Chapter 6. The Height Gap makes it cuter.

Speaking of, can anyone try sending an upload request for chapter 14 of the Official Arknights Anthology? It does have Saria x Silence in it even if it is arguably subtext.

Popu is pretty funny but unfortunately hits a ceiling pretty hard due to her low rarity which caps her from getting the second promotion - and her particular class archetype needs it to achieve full effectiveness. :/

Should be useful enough early on if you get her ofc - E2 promotions cost a whole lotta stuff - but you'll likely pull Estelle from Recruitement soon enough who shares the archetype but has markedly higher ceiling due to being one rarity higher and eligible for E2... she's also daww and must be protecc

We need justice for 3 stars. E2 for them please Hyperglyph. Cardigan's E1 promotion hurts because she's hoping to get promoted again.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Who cares if she's any good or not from a gameplay perspective. She's cute and that's all that matters. I mean I like trashy units like Stheno and Medusa (Lancer) in FGO as well Hinano and Emiri in Magia Record too.

joined Jul 26, 2016

We need justice for 3 stars. E2 for them please Hyperglyph. Cardigan's E1 promotion hurts because she's hoping to get promoted again.

There's always "Whip Them Now or Bury Them Later" Dobermann and her global 3-star buff...

"Get it together, rookie."

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Dobermann

I always forget she's exists tbh...

Medusa (Lancer)

She's actually pretty decent now, after her buff and Skadi. Too bad I don't have her.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Finally managed to E2 my Ifrit. Fun fact, apparently the reason she’s missing her originium marks on her body in her E2 art despite them showing up on all her other art is because of a scanning error.

Also, look at this:

(Yes, I know Franka and Saria are wyverns but that’s close enough)

joined Jul 26, 2016

^lizards or something, judging by the look of other Vouivres (eg. Vanilla). Seems to be kind of a wastebasket taxon for reptile-themed types that aren't more narrowly crocodilians ("Archosaurs"), Dragons (western or eastern AKA "Lung") or chameleons ("Savra").

joined Apr 30, 2020

Yeah Hoshi should have won by technicality and all other disqualified lol

Good for Iffy tho and may her innocence remain protected.

To reply you must either login or sign up.