Forum › Yukari's First Curry discussion

joined Apr 15, 2018

It's nice to see a Yukari-focused dojin that doesn't focus on her obsession with Miho.

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

this is so pure... i'm crying like Yukari's dad

Img_4563
joined Dec 22, 2017

Nice

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Am I the only one who got "Today's Menu with Emiya" vibes?

joined Mar 15, 2015

It's nice to see a Yukari-focused dojin that doesn't focus on her obsession with Miho.

I agree. I especially liked the flashback to her childhood that shows why she didn't have any friends before meeting Anglerfish Team. While those girls weren't exactly nice, it's understandable that some people would find her preoccupation with tanks off-putting.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

I agree. I especially liked the flashback to her childhood that shows why she didn't have any friends before meeting Anglerfish Team. While those girls weren't exactly nice, it's understandable that some people would find her preoccupation with tanks off-putting.

I actually find that a little strange within the social fiction of their universe. Tank operation is treated as a sport and a feminine activity in their universe, so it seems more like it would be like a man in the modern USA who’s REALLY into football; owns memorabilia, knows all the stats of every team back to like the 60s. Sure, everyone around him is like “Carl is REALLY into football” but Carl isn’t ostracized, really.
Unless tanks are a “feminine” hobby in the sense that like, BL is a feminine hobby; but we don’t really see, say, Miho getting the same treatment and she’s pretty “into” tanks too.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I actually find that a little strange within the social fiction of their universe. Tank operation is treated as a sport and a feminine activity in their universe, so it seems more like it would be like a man in the modern USA who’s REALLY into football; owns memorabilia, knows all the stats of every team back to like the 60s. Sure, everyone around him is like “Carl is REALLY into football” but Carl isn’t ostracized, really.
Unless tanks are a “feminine” hobby in the sense that like, BL is a feminine hobby; but we don’t really see, say, Miho getting the same treatment and she’s pretty “into” tanks too.

While tankery is a feminine activity, it's also apparently not as popular as it used to be. In Little Army, Miho, who didn't have many interests outside of tankery growing up, had trouble making friends until she met Hitomi, Chihiro and Emi near the end of elementary school, so she did have some of the same problems.

I suppose Yukari's problem is twofold; 1)Her only real interest is one that not many of her peers share, and 2)she pursues that interest so fervently that some people find it weird. The first point is the main reason but the second one also plays a role to some extent.

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

I dont care if the recipe calls for it. but i have never seen anything so heretical as microwaving potatoes and carrots

__tachibana_hibiki_senki_zesshou_symphogear_drawn_by_namayon
joined Jul 14, 2017

@JohnnyCanuck That's why the carrots were hard in the end. Anyone who cooks would know that wouldn't turn out well.

Which begs the question: "Did the kids at the school use a microwave?" I don't remember seeing any microwaves at the school or someone mentioning a microwave. So I'm confused as to why Yukari used it, but I guess 1) it's for the plot and 2) she may not have known that microwaving carrots and potatoes isn't a good substitute for cooking them in a pot.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

If you want to find the yuri subtext in this story, than note that early in the story, Make states that Yukari's room is impressive, whilst Miho states that it's 'the same as usual' indicating that Miho has been in Yukari's room before, without the others present.

To reply you must either login or sign up.