Forum › The Feelings We All Must Endure discussion

Anime-girl-manga-favim.com-332840_large
joined Feb 23, 2015

Guys all of you shut up, this is what I've been waiting for. I do hope Amano shows us a cool part of Ruki. She's not even Sachi's girlfriend yet basically you're all talking about Sachi cheating on her when they weren't even in a commited committed relationship to begin wit. Smh

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 6:11AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

to all the people defending this: make sachi a guy in your mind while re-reading this, see if it gets as much of a free pass as it does right now because yuri.

I have read stories and known guys who did this personally. All douchebags. It's funny, they cheat but don't like being cheated on... funny how that works. To me, no matter what gender or orientation, you cheat and hurt someone else, and feel no remorse for it, are scum. I feel no sympathy for Sachi and she was a total bitch to Ruki for cheating and the way she treated Ruki at the end there. Plain and simple. This, "happy ending," if that's what people want to call it, is far from being one imho. If anything, it gives me the vibes that Ruki is willing to go through anything just to be with Sachi and that is wrong. And for the record, I believe Sachi deserves a punch in the face.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Guys all of you shut up, this is what I've been waiting for. I do hope Amano shows us a cool part of Ruki. She's not even Sachi's girlfriend yet basically you're all talking about Sachi cheating on her when they weren't even in a commited committed relationship to begin wit. Smh

Did we even read the same manga as you?? O_o,,,

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_feelings_we_all_must_endure_ch13#21

Bottom left : Sacchi herself consider it cheating

joined Dec 3, 2014

Yeah. I think they will in the future, just initial reactions are gonna be bitter.

Yeah, we're just too stupid to know our own minds. But your wisdom will surely rub off on us peons sooner or later.

Seriously? Why resort to ad hominum because you're impassioned? Take a breath, I did nothing of what you suggested. I said that initial reactions are going to be bitter, and in the future, they will understand.

Ad hominem in what sense? I characterized your claim as being patronizing; I didn't characterize you as anything in particular except, I suppose, someone who occasionally says patronizing things.
You did exactly what I suggested. You're saying that everyone who disagrees with you only does so because unlike you, they haven't thought it through. Unfortunately, those who don't see your magisterial viewpoint are slaves to their emotions, but eventually that will pass, leaving them able to think, and then they will be able to understand your superior perspective. This also conveniently means you don't have to argue your position, because after all anyone who disagrees is only doing it because their reason has been overcome by blind passions.
Maybe you didn't notice that that's what you were doing. Maybe it's not what you intended to do. But it's what you did. Rather than accusing me, as long as you're so immune to emotional influence on your judgments, the non-emotional logical thing to do would be to retract the statement.

And just for the record, I take issue with the claim. My opinion is based firmly on considered views about ethical behaviour. These views tend to be fairly in tune with my emotional reactions but are far from being identical to them. It is certainly not going to magically morph into being against much of what I stand for after my emotional reaction to the manga recedes. But thanks all the same for presuming to know my own mind better than I do.

Wow haha. Not really relevant to the story but your comment is gold. Exactly what I feel about that comment but can't really put into words. English is not my first language so sometimes I still have trouble expressing what I want to convey.

All of this stuff blaming the victim here seems a bit revisionist. Near as I can make out, Ruki was very straightforward. She simply and flat out confessed love, and then started inviting Sachi out on dates, talking to her intimately, and apparently (although it's skimmed past rather vaguely) having sex with her. If Sachi thought Ruki was just playing around, it's not because of anything Ruki did and certainly not because she, y'know, asked or anything.

This. With Ruki being so honest and upfront, it is difficult to think that someone like her would just "play around". I think Sachi did know Ruki was really in love with her, it's just that Sachi considered it just the impulse of youth, a "phase" that she would soon grow past. Or maybe it's herself who doesn't want to commit seriously into this relationship from the start.

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 6:39AM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

to all the people defending this: make sachi a guy in your mind while re-reading this, see if it gets as much of a free pass as it does right now because yuri.

I have read stories and known guys who did this personally. All douchebags. It's funny, they cheat but don't like being cheated on... funny how that works. To me, no matter what gender or orientation, you cheat and hurt someone else, and feel no remorse for it, are scum.

You are awesome for this stance however you need to remember something: in media girls get a free pass on a lot of shit that guys just wouldn't get away with, its sad but its true.
A prime example of this would be evangelion, specifically shinji and asuka, shinji can at times be very femminine in his traits and the tropes used in his interaction and development, a ton of people hate shinji because they view him as "weak" and "a pussy", similarly asuka is extremely arrogant, aggressive and all around just not a nice person to a lot of the cast and she generally is LOVED by the fans for "stepping up" and taking the initiative because shinji wont (even though if you actually pay attention asuka's combat significance amounts to pretty much fuck all and she mostly gets her ass kicked), granted asuka was fleshed out to explain WHY she was like this later but that is a major problem, were the genders reversed shinji would be loved and asuka hated.

How does this tie in to this manga? well sachi gets a free pass on all of these things for the sole fact that "oh she was a victim of a semi-abusive cheating ex herself and it was just a mistake she wont do it again" even though that sounds mighty similar to what a cheating boyfriend would probably say to a certain character, but don't worry he was a man which means he is always wrong and just "cheating scum"

ugh call me when that double standard dies.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

There's another chapter coming, right? I can't believe this is the end. But the Manga only has 3 Volumes, so I guess the next chapter is going to be the end. hope there will still be some major changes in this relationship between Ruki and Sacchi, because like it is now there's no happy end possible for me. (which I'm fine with^^)
I think this might be a realistic story, but in my opinion this is nowhere near a good and healthy relationship. A relationship should help you grow and should be a support to you through life, (as life sucks already as it is). That is based on care and trust. Sacchi didn't care about Ruki being hurt and also... would you still trust her? I think that is being naive. Saying, she now found her place and is taking the relationship more seriously... maybe it's like that, I can't say. However, she still doesn't love Ruki, if she did, she would care. And with this character growth, there is no room for Ruki. How will Ruki grow? Will Ruki be happy knowing that Sacchi is together with her for what-do-I-know reasons? Sacchi has developed into someone who is like her ex to Ruki. Might be nice for Sacchi and congratz on that, but if you look at how she was before with her ex, she was rather miserable. So is Ruki going to be miserable? And as someone said her: Ruki is pathetic. Maybe she'll heal sometime, but after she was hurt so much, there was almost nothing left of her. Sacchi could help her heal (by apologizing and making it up for starters), but I don't see that until now. I think Ruki got invested too much in the relationship and she has a big case of wishful thinking, because she is in love big time. (and I know what I'm talking about on that theme...) This cannot end well if it is realistic.
Also sometimes I think it is better to break up than to suffer through a relationship. Of course you shouldn't run away whenever there is a fight. As long as there is care on both sides and love you can make it work. I don't see that here though.

Lol, and this is my cooled down emotional reaction. Yesterday I was like... She cheated for a month, walks over her partner and doesn't even feel bad. What a horrible bitch.
Still think she is a bitch though. :3

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 8:52AM

joined Oct 6, 2014

I have read stories and known guys who did this personally. All douchebags. It's funny, they cheat but don't like being cheated on... funny how that works. To me, no matter what gender or orientation, you cheat and hurt someone else, and feel no remorse for it, are scum.

You are awesome for this stance however you need to remember something: in media girls get a free pass on a lot of shit that guys just wouldn't get away with, its sad but its true.
A prime example of this would be evangelion, specifically shinji and asuka, shinji can at times be very femminine in his traits and the tropes used in his interaction and development, a ton of people hate shinji because they view him as "weak" and "a pussy", similarly asuka is extremely arrogant, aggressive and all around just not a nice person to a lot of the cast and she generally is LOVED by the fans for "stepping up" and taking the initiative because shinji wont (even though if you actually pay attention asuka's combat significance amounts to pretty much fuck all and she mostly gets her ass kicked), granted asuka was fleshed out to explain WHY she was like this later but that is a major problem, were the genders reversed shinji would be loved and asuka hated.

How does this tie in to this manga? well sachi gets a free pass on all of these things for the sole fact that "oh she was a victim of a semi-abusive cheating ex herself and it was just a mistake she wont do it again" even though that sounds mighty similar to what a cheating boyfriend would probably say to a certain character, but don't worry he was a man which means he is always wrong and just "cheating scum"

You really think the world has any kind of love for brash, aggressive womxn? Seriously? The world hates strong womxn, what they absolutely love is a strong womxn break down and need the help of a man, that is how shit works in the world. Also, womxn do not get any passes for cheating, when they are cheating on men. When womxn cheat on men they are harpies who deserve whatever terrible shit they get. Womxn cheating on womxn is much less egregious because, in peoples subconscious, there is always the very indoctrinated notion that these are not real relationships anyway. Also, people dispute rape being a thing in this world (especially outside of the context of extreme violence). If you think there is some double standard that subjugates men you are sorely, sorely mistaken.

Womxn didn't create patriarchy, they didn't create gender roles. When you complain of double standards acting like men are oppressed you miss a huge piece of the puzzle; rich men created the problem, and womxn suffer for it much more than a dude not being able to express himself.

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 8:56AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

You really think the world has any kind of love for brash, aggressive womxn? Seriously? The world hates strong womxn, what they absolutely love is a strong womxn break down and need the help of a man, that is how shit works the world. Also, womxn do not get any passes for cheating, when they are cheating on men. When womxn cheat on men they are harpies who deserve whatever terrible shit they get. Womxn cheating on womxn is much less egregious because, in peoples subconscious, there is always the very indoctrinated notion that these arr not real relationships anyway. Also, people dispute rape being a thing in this world (especially outside of the context of extreme violence). If you think there is some double standard that subjugates men you are sorely, sorely mistaken.

Well, I agree to some extent. I once stumbled upon an action movies, where it was explicitely said that the strong girl in the party wasn't womanly or sexy. But there's also this thing: Beautiful women can make more "mistakes" than someone who isn't as beautiful. If she's hot, people won't care if she's dumb or a bitch. At least that's what comes across to me from the media. (Sorry for the generalizing, please note that I do know that there a lots of other people too^^)
But the women - men equality discussion is on an entirely different level. i could write books about that, but it's not going to change anything. :/

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 10:25AM

joined Oct 6, 2014

There are certainly westernized beauty standards that dictate worth (also a notion that is a piece of patriarchy), but even beauty does not protect a womxn from being a "bitch." As for you writing book, no need, womxn have been writing books about this shit for a century+.

joined Oct 6, 2014

As for your apathy, shit changes when the oppressed rise up to fight. If things were incapable of changing we would still have the institution of slavery, apartheid, womxn would not have the right to vote or own land or be anything but her husband's property. The world still hates womxn (and all oppressed identities), no doubt, but I believe change is possible.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

rambling

Good job reading there, you totally didn't miss the part where i said "in media" or anything.
and please stop acting like sexism only goes one way and stop demonizing men.

joined Oct 6, 2014

rambling

Good job reading there, you totally didn't miss the part where i said "in media" or anything.
and please stop acting like sexism only goes one way and stop demonizing men.

Sexism does only go one way in a patriarchal society. Pointing out a system held up by institutions is hardly demonizing men. Media, btws, an institution.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

As for your apathy, shit changes when the oppressed rise up to fight. If things were incapable of changing we would still have the institution of slavery, apartheid, womxn would not have the right to vote or own land or be anything but her husband's property. The world still hates womxn (and all oppressed identities), no doubt, but I believe change is possible.

I do so too. I think you can't stop change. And I'd go on the streets for the rights of people that have it worse than me (and I did do so). But in my country there just changes shit at the moment. And I genuinely think that we do live in a better world than years and centuries before. Still there are always thousands of shades of a color and people have different views, so change is happening, but very slowly.
And I hope that you realised I am not really writing a book about that. It was just phrase. Lol, I suck at using words, so why would I do that?

EDIT: Thinking again... the world might not actually be better. Better for me to live in yes, but overall, just different, still many things left to work on.

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 9:40AM

joined Oct 6, 2014

EDIT: Thinking again... the world might not actually be better. Better for me to live in yes, but overall, just different, still many things left to work on.

I agree entirely.

In the U.S. there are more black people in prison right now than there was enslaved in the trans atlantic slave trade. Institutions contort themselves to retain power and undermine change on the regular, of this I have no doubt.

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 9:49AM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Sexism does only go one way

aaaaaaand like that you just lost all credibility, the conversation is over.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Sacchan is as immature as Ruki. Mostly all characters are, except "maybe" Maasa, who is like blocking everything out.
Well, that's the title isn't it - The feelings we all must endure.
We're so used to yuri underage and unrealistic characters, we might expect too much from those young adults, who obviously still have a long way to go.

Ha.... things need to be learned in life, one way or another.

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 10:00AM

joined Oct 6, 2014

Some authors you should check out sooner rather than later, dude:

bell hooks
Audre Lorde
Gloria Anzaldua
Simon de Beauvoir
Naomi Wolf
Betty Friedan

joined Oct 6, 2014

Aaaaand, your editing of my comments reveals a whole lot regarding the prejudices with which you interpret the world.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

bell hooks
Audre Lorde
Gloria Anzaldua
Simon de Beauvoir
Naomi Wolf
Betty Friedan

time to fix some misconceptions you seem to have: i am not a guy, i am a lesbian, i have done research into sexism before and have been a victim of said sexism and believe me it is NOT one sided, men are victims of it just as much as women are, if men are not the picture perfect of masculinity they are insulted and belittled for it daily, men are not the enemy, assholes are.

and fuck off with those authors their bias knows no bounds and several of them have been proven to mislead readers for the sake of making their points more valid.

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 10:19AM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

In the U.S. there are more black people in prison right now than there was enslaved in the trans atlantic slave trade.

You do realize that by likening prison to the slavery, you're also saying that the latter is comparable to the former? In no way it is. Whatever you thought that comparison helped you express, it's a lapse of judgment.

I also have a hunch that statement is factually wrong, and I can tell from the absolute numbers you're claiming.

e: wow, this is off-topic.

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 10:25AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Signs of a narcissist or someone with BPD: all or nothing attitude, stops conversation when a viewpoint doesn't go their way (IE., blocks discussion), doesn't explain their own viewpoints out of fear of being proven wrong (again, just kills he conversation), etc.You might need some help in real life.

Come on, don't go there. Trying to hurt someone will not get your point proven either.

By the way, they're right. A majority/authoritative power in any situation generally can't claim any type of bias against them, because it isn't bias - it's the oppressed defending themselves. It's not just for gender/sex either. Race, class differences (check out Dalits in India), etc. also experience the same thing. It's more or less a "perk" of being the underdog (either through a current situation or past history, like slavery).

I get your point. The minority needs to look where they stay. But there are also other people, unrelated to the topic who do stuff. People just need to change their way of thinking and being biased. However there's always two partys that need to consider the others thoughts. We're all people after all. And we all wish for different things.
But it happens, at least a bit. in my country many people went on the street for more tolerance (but the after taste was a bit bitter, meh it's a different story)

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 10:39AM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

bell hooks
Audre Lorde
Gloria Anzaldua
Simon de Beauvoir
Naomi Wolf
Betty Friedan

time to fix some misconceptions you seem to have: i am not a guy, i am a lesbian, i have done research into sexism before and have been a victim of said sexism and believe me it is NOT one sided, men are victims of it just as much as women are, if men are not the picture perfect of masculinity they are insulted and belittled for it daily, men are not the enemy, assholes are.

and fuck off with those authors their bias knows no bounds and several of them have been proven to mislead readers for the sake of making their points more valid.

Case in point - instantly dimisses all viewpoints against their own.

Get help: http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/conditions/personality-disorder

im just going to take this since it is all that needs to be said:

Seriously? Why resort to ad hominum because you're impassioned?

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

you realize artifical sperm already is a thing right?

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Reading the chapter over I am starting to understand sachi a bit. You'll notice that, up to this point, she really didn't take their relationship seriously. She thought that it would be nice if someone strong and capable came along to protect Ruki and assumed that Ruki's feelings for her wouldn't last. She never gave serious thought to a lasting same sex relationship. Sure, she felt bad about herself for cheating, but also learned that sex can be enjoyable, which, I gather, she hadn't experienced with either Ruki or her ex. Then, realizing how badly she hurt this girl who seems to love her, even if she doesn't feel worth loving herself, she realized that she actually does care for her. If she didn't realize that, I don't think she would have admitted to cheating the way she did. She didn't know that Ruki knew already, after all. She wanted to come clean and start over, if Ruki would still have her. The fact that she has come out to her little sister says that she is serious about the relationship now.

Sure, I would like to see some more remorse from her and a promise to be a good and faithful girlfriend from now on, but I don't hate that they stayed together, or that they finally really are together, would be more accurate.

^
I think this is the way the author hoped people would read this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.