Forum › With Sweet Confections discussion

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

I'm not watching/reading Saki and i don't really care about doujinshis for Saki but it's yuri so why not :)
Mihoko (Two colored eyes am i right?) is really cute ^^
Am kinda glad that the other girl likes her eyes (I think i read that somewhere), i wasn't bullied or neither no one told me something about my eyes (one green, other brown) so i'm not sure what ppl think about it :)
Uh, anyway. Great manga! Thanks for uploading it.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, Hakka-ya's doujins are really cute with the Bucap pairing(HisaxMihoko)
And you're right about the eyes, it's revealed in the anime (and i'm guessing in the manga too, which I haven't read yet) and it's a cute moment.

Kocchi
joined Mar 23, 2013

Ugh! I just love this yuri couple =D
I always have this smile on my face whenever I read dj about 'em XD

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

When I was younger, there was a kid in my class with eyes like that. He got made fun of for it early on, but by the time I left that school, everyone knew him as "the cool kid with different colored eyes," so I guess it worked out.

On a side note, Tokumi Yuiko is a God in my eyes. It's too bad I haven't seen anything original from her(?), but at the same time it's majorly cute when a doujin artist devotes themselves passionately to a series/pairing, so it's cool either way.

The anime is pretty slick too, if you're into subtext and/or ridiculously melodramatic board games.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Yeah the anime is good but I read somewhere that the yuri subtext is considerably turned up compared to the manga.
The first episode is still one of my favorites.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I can't handle the anime because Nodoka's boobs in that are even more pronounced, yet move NOTHING like boobs actually do. Even more distracting, her top often looks painted on, which is just weird. The rest of the anime seemed pretty cool, I just couldn't get used to the weird anatomy stuff.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Saki is drawn by a horny lesbian (lol). The fanservice in it is outrageous--especially the manga. However, it is also blatantly gay and a pretty worthwhile mahjong series. The anime and manga go in a set; there's a fair amount of (canon) expanded stuff which is in the anime but not the manga, but as the source the manga captures some subtleties better.

Overall I do recommend it as one of the most entertaining ongoing yuri series, but it pretty much helps if you're open to learning a bit about mahjong. The (large) fanbase is basically almost all yuri fans, but a large proportion of it have gotten into mahjong as well.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Saki is drawn by a horny lesbian (lol). The fanservice in it is outrageous--especially the manga.

More like, characters don't have panties and bras.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Hakka-ya's portrayal of buchou's really nice. Shame we don't have all of this mangaka's Saki releases.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

^ I would overdose if I had instant access to all of them.

"What about the cookies?"
"Oh? Did I ever say that I would give you some?"

Not sure if ;_; or :3

last edited at Dec 25, 2014 7:52PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.