Forum › Posts by Kiena

joined May 20, 2013

Supernatural, because of the curse (and extraordinary luck)?

Kiena
Image Comments 05 May 13:20
joined May 20, 2013
53117976_p7

Must add... Reading like that isn't good for your back. n.n;

Kiena
Poolside discussion 30 Apr 03:20
joined May 20, 2013

(also convenient other lesbians having sex is convenient)

Sorry for pointing it out, but that praise was misplaced. It's a straight couple they saw.

Kiena
Image Comments 15 Apr 14:50
joined May 20, 2013
[kitao_taki]

Is it Nena x Ano in Palm, Lower Back and maybe in Thigh, too?

joined May 20, 2013

Also, did you find any other fucked up manga in your search...? I would like to have their names if you found any, sorry, I just can't resist xD

I was just looking for it here. If you look for the categories associated with it, you can easily come across those I encountered during my search. The sheer number of the results was creepy. Even the scanlation group is familiar, that's how I may have found it in the first place, and everything else seems to match, too, so I'm about 97% sure it's that one.

joined May 20, 2013

Updated my earlier post with the title. I'm fairly certain it's that one. No idea why I didn't give up looking for it, I guess it helped forgetting the topic of this thread.

joined May 20, 2013

What manga it was? You remember the name?

I think it was this one: Bradherley no Basha/Bradherley's Coach

The D&D joke was about that there are multiple dices used in those tabletop games with many sides (e.g. d20, d100), which also means plenty of edges.

last edited at Jan 7, 2016 2:00PM

joined May 20, 2013

A very visible warning about the contents before the links would've been nice. Reminded me of a manga I ran into in the past, in which young girls were sold then given to prisoners to mass rape and kill. The purpose of yuri in this is just to try making it more awful, at best, I guess. Without knowing what is said, I think it would be about the same with a male protagonist, having a heroine is just some sort of service. (Claymore influence, next to Little Red Riding Hood and who knows how many others?) Along these lines, I'd say it's a "werewolf story with yuri" rather than what the title does. A werewolf story with gore, rape, and yuri because "why not?".

last edited at Jan 7, 2016 1:17PM

joined May 20, 2013

Wait why is this tragedy?

I admit thinking about that Tragedy may not be the most fitting tag. Just something along the lines. Like Drama rather than Romance, as well as Aaaaaangst and/or Yuri crush rather than plain Yuri. My reasoning is that while the original ending left space for wishful thinking about Matsuri coping with the situation without much damage, the extra pages appear to depict more of an unspeakable rejection than embarrassment or guilt. How Koyuki sees it depends heavily on the interpretation of her last lines, but I can read into it that, after their earlier relationship was permanently ruined, things may stay like that until either she has to give up on Matsuri for any chance of not being avoided, or she'll be pushed away completely. I'm glad because it seems people can interpret it differently, with a positive outlook. Personally, the tags don't matter to me that much I'd insist on changing them. I came to expect seeing something mutual in Romance stories, but I have no intention of arguing about whether or not it can be found in this with anyone, just expressed my own opinion, possibly too plainly earlier.

joined May 20, 2013

So...this should have a tragedy tag on it, right?

Read this originally, then with the bonus, then tried to forget it. Since it came up again in the featured anthology, just wanted to say, pretty much +1.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

The afterword is great.

In every respect. 2nd-2 was a good conclusion of Nao's history with Sis, but the best part was the afterword for me.

joined May 20, 2013

Looks like it's Maiko's neighbor in class though. Or at least, the hair is similar.

A bit longer maybe, or not, but the uniform is definitely different. Would be nice if they could just realize they got caught, and find a bed, after taking risks, in the future.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Who's got money on Maho being the Princess' descendant or reincarnation?

That was one of my first thoughts after waking up. Lengthy hit-or-miss spoiler reasoning follows. The accident could've been when Maho was a baby that her legs turned into a fishtail in the seawater. I'd bet on that she's the daughter of the princess, and the stone might have been passed on to her willingly, though the overall circumstances of her existence might not be too nice. Maybe the princess wanted to ask Rena to protect, free, or possibly join her daughter at the shrine, but died too soon without the stone. Maho could be seen as being held captive at the shrine, bond emotionally to Yuiko, misled by the story of her accident and allergy to water, given a supposedly noble purpose, and being guarded, despite the freedom to visit other places nearby on land.

last edited at Dec 20, 2015 6:41AM

Kiena
Stretch discussion 10 Sep 15:45
joined May 20, 2013

Is everyone here playing the farewell game, or did the confused people just skip that part entirely?

joined May 20, 2013

Now the question may be when that "former friend" will show up to be jealous of Hana and make her jealous at the same time. I'll be a bit sad if I guessed right.

joined May 20, 2013

Thank you, halmoni!

People, who didn't do so yet, check your mails!

Note that we also got a mailing list. I don't particularly mind, but if someone does, Bcc could work in the future.

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 5:41PM

joined May 20, 2013

I tried the overlay on the first chapter. In FF I used the script and later the add-on, in Chrome only the script. The results in all three cases were that the masks and English texts over them were quite off (toward the right and lower by a varying degree, sometimes being cut off at the right edge, too). Is there something I should be aware of, or a way to fix them? Note that I see the whole chapter as a single long vertical stream of pages, in case there are different view options.

joined May 20, 2013

I always tried to support the authors to my capacity and to what is reasonable. (JManga, buying English releases, and maybe someday Japanese ones, if I'll be able to really read them.) That said, I wholeheartedly support this solution, and I hope Lezhin will be fine with it as well. 21 coins didn't cost much for a try either, though the process of getting them was still quite cumbersome in my opinion, even using the guides referenced on the credits page and posted here. I don't claim I'd be able to do plenty better, just would suggest adding a few additional steps for the various pop-ups, and if possible, a bit higher resolution images. It may be worth describing Google Wallet too, as the app's message won't be of any help to people not speaking Korean, prior to proper set up.

... is the app mandatory? ...

The mobile app seems to be mandatory, or at least a huge help in the process. I looked at the payment options on the PC, and although there is one for credit cards, the additional messages didn't seem promising. On the (Android) phone app the Play payment is usable, and the age confirmation mentioned a few pages back will also be necessary along the way, before the purchase of actual chapters, at least. Maybe for purely the coins, too.

A question: What are the points for? Creating an account gave 100, apparently, but how can they be used?

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 5:26PM

Kiena
Image Comments 16 May 16:00
joined May 20, 2013

Have been 169cm/49-54kg for about 13 years now. (Though people sometimes doubt whether I'm alive.)

joined May 20, 2013

So, I'm kinda late, but I just got to the end of the 7th season (I watched them all during the holiday season), and afterwards I immediately started searching... to find it's confirmed!

First, I just want to say that I believe I took off any yuri goggles quite a while ago, and definitely didn't have any lesbian or in any way gay interest in the show, especially after how heteronormative it was proven to be after the time skip (following the 1st 3 seasons). As is to be expected from something made for children, I thought a few times already, but kept watching since it was entertaining enough anyway.

(Still using spoiler markup, despite the topic title.)

I didn't read any articles yet, thus I don't know how clueless I really was, but for me, the idea of Korra and Asami came to mind during the 3rd – 2nd 3rd, titled Change (but it's more fulfilling seeing the 1st 3 "books", too) – season, when they talked in the car about when and which of them had kissed Mako. Because of the complete lack of resentment – despite initial worries on both sides – I started wondering whether they were supposed to aware of that they had just been actually discussing their indirect kisses. Action always cut in, of course, but from then on they spent noticeably much time together, and it felt like the mood kept shifting. From then on I had to remind myself of that nothing should be expected between them in a kids show, and thought that maybe they only wanted to develop Asami's character by putting her next to the protagonist, which I didn't mind either, since she's already been quite great and strong, especially for a non-bender.

The next season was full of ups and downs, at least for me, when it came to what's going on between them. Despite the ending of the 3rd season, Korra left alone, but she had solid reasons for it. Still, the letter. The fact that Asami didn't look for any boyfriend during those years, but then the argument after their reunion. When even Mako asked what was going on between them in the restaurant, that sounded like serious subtext, and that kind of fan-service was the last thing I would've expected from the show. (So if it was just that, I'd consider it annoying now.) Somehow who hugs whom seemed to get differently balanced as well. Anyway, a lot was going on, so they spent little time together and even less just the two of them, as someone always showed up (I remember it being Tenzin most of the time), the Remembrances episode not being an exception. Getting closer to the end, despite the lack of goggles, I couldn't help thinking about how (more of) the development of their relationship could've been woven into all those events with very little extensions.* While watching the last episode, I was just hoping no one – obviously Mako being the primary candidate – gets pushed onto either of them, and even if not more than that, but they may remain wonderful friends who spend time together, instead of with their romantic interests. I thought it wouldn't be out of the ordinary by then – considering how well they clearly got along – if they'd dance together. Then that didn't happen, instead something better did, as finally no one showed up, and after their personal talk, their departure didn't give the impression of mere friends at all. In fact it practically begged to continue with a kiss. Then I started to search for any thoughts about it, and after finding that, I started writing this post, because I couldn't contain my happiness.

* Asami could've told her father she's dating the Avatar by when he was let out, and that could've been a funny conversation without Korra not (yet) present, the question being whether it's an infant boy or "that" woman.

last edited at Jan 8, 2015 4:22PM

joined May 20, 2013

I wasn't actually sure if Himeka actually liked Hyou in that sense, but Ranka kinda made it obvious here and this confession was kinda hard to ignore.

And then Hyou had these moments like this and this that pretty much confirmed it was mutual.

I also think that the Yuri – or Subtext, but rather the former – tag is missing. Besides that, while reading the last chapters again, I noticed something I hadn't before... Does the outfit difference between page 120 (chapter 19) and page 148 (final chapter) imply rape? I wish I didn't notice.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

It's not marked as Yuri, but those interested only in that couple – skipping everything else – should still pay attention to chapter 105 from page 20 as well.

joined May 20, 2013

It's too good to be true, but I wish it wasn't so at least in the manga's world, and they could maintain their relationship well, all the while the story follows the rest of the sisters' lives.

"My penis gets hard"

Instantly bursted out laughing during class.

That line wasn't (supposed to be) funny at all, just people may be used to hearing things like that in other contexts. While admittedly it could've been phrased better, it can be taken as a painfully honest statement that doesn't leave space for misunderstandings.

Since kashiwa has a girlfriend, shouldn't this now be tagged as yuri?

Kashiwa is not completely a girl at the moment, male parts still down there. (IIRC)

Gender can't be derived from sex or anatomy, that's what transsexuality is about (among others), however fully accepting that can be difficult while – even unconsciously – expecting them to be aligned. Completely – in that sense – she couldn't become anyway, without Sci-fi or Fantasy getting added to the tags.

Wow. Wait...does that mean that sex scene didn't involve penetration?

It didn't.

joined May 20, 2013

I wouldn't 100% say the little sister has romantic feelings...

From what was shown the sisters seem to have very similar tastes, so adding together the younger's thoughts and the older's actions suggests that Natsu would someday also be interested romantically in a girl like Yukiko, if that isn't exactly what mildly happened in the one-shot.

The nature of the sisters' relationship, which may be more realistic than usually depicted, and the unexplored characters just make the isolation of the story to be more painful.

joined May 20, 2013

It finally arrived, relatively fast in fact, so I spent the night reading it. I'm happy it was released next, especially because Nana's and Hitomi's story is a more fond memory for me than even Girl Friends. That's probably because the first chapter stood out among other stories in that it didn't remain as bittersweet and ambiguous as most I encountered, back when I started reading yuri manga, besides the pretty art and detailed characters.[1] It might have been around the time it got scanlated but that's a bit hard to confirm after this long. It's a bit shameful to admit that I found out there are 5 finishing chapters only by the time I ordered this publication, but it made me very happy as I always wished for the story being continued when only occasional follow-up chapters appeared time-to-time.

I expressed earlier that I'm concerned about the quality of the translation. As of the result, it's quite acceptable and I'm sure it was a lot of work, but I'm a bit disappointed too. It's not that big of an issue I suppose, but I don't really like the title of the first chapter that much in this version. Moving on, there are only a few typos, about 5 or 6 altogether, but besides the obvious letter doubling there are some that make sentences grammatically wrong, or that could've been two different correct sentences but is neither. What I'm more concerned about are the potential mistranslations. To me it appears as if Lililicious' work carried more meaning and/or details here and there. If it's an effort for a more fluent or familiar experience then I'm not convinced it's really for the better. Translation matters lead to what keeps bothering me the most (the rest of this part might be a spoiler); It's the "We can register our..." sentence on the very last page of the Hitomi & Nana chapters. Did I miss the news of certain changes in Japan or is it indeed a glaring fault? I considered the possibility of it being a reference to opportunities abroad, but then the lines that follow seem controversial.

About the stories, I didn't like the one-shots nearly as much, but it's nice how they expand the setting a bit. The ending of the main storyline is both appealing and sudden. If I'm not mistaken, I read the author once stating that she intended to continue their story past high school, as they face problems during college and so on, while they keep working for a life together. This may be referred to in the afterword too. I'd also like more stories about grown-ups instead of those bound by school years, which, regardless of everything, remain uncertain to a great extent regarding the future. Stories that still start this early and continue that far could be even better, so I'm sorry for this missed opportunity. I wonder if, or preferably when, we could expect more stories about coming outs and facing discrimination differently than hiding, from authors, including Morinaga-sensei.

I don't have any basis for this, but I though some time ago about how nice it'd be if that the elderly couple at the Amber Teahouse (chapter 5) could be Nana and Hitomi or another couple Morinaga-sensei depicted, as their features match her usual designs.

[1] The word straightforward came to mind around that sentence, then that gayforward would be more suitable. That made me wonder if others would take that as an insult, if it has ever been used, or if it is just a really pathetic attempt at making up a word. Probably the latter only so I should apologize keeping this in the post.