Forum › Posts by Logseman

Logseman
Logo-ubuntu_st_no%c2%ae-white-hex
joined Apr 23, 2013

This is quite unconventional, as it shows professional women who work outside the usual OL setting. It stands out just for that, but it's decent as well on its own.

Logseman
Rooftop discussion 02 Jun 18:55
joined Apr 23, 2013

Incidentally, vanilla is the term that BDSM lifestylers use to define non-BDSM life.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

The ending is sad, not because of how it is (it doesn't make sense anyways) but because of the ultra mysogynistic message it sends: the whole ordeal is all the glasses girl's fault, who manipulates everyone and everything just because she's a crazy bitch and can't let go of the girl she's obsessed with. And I'd never seen a dumber protagonist since Tales of Symphonia.

joined Apr 23, 2013

This is a nice little jewel. The mangaka knows how to draw a protagonist who is an emotional rollercoaster, and the humor is nice and clean.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

Name's Logseman. I prey on the angst and the fears and the suffering of well-developed, deep and believable yuri characters.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

I think that's true for a lot of one-shots, yuri or not. If they happen to be successful and the mangaka is commissioned for a longer series, s/he can build up follow-up stories from there instead of having to start from scratch.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

I know the meaning it has in-story, of course. I just wanted to raise the question that comes from this part:

she can't use it to go on dates with someone she actually likes.

It's money, it's something she worked hard for. Why not use it for the benefit of herself and her loved one? For me it sounds... flippant, frivolous to throw it away like that.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

I was trying to find the second urethra already... then again, how am I supposed to wash my ureters?

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

But what is there to fear of money? Money is a tool for you to buy stuff with it, either today or in the future (delayed consumption). Why is it "an anchor", and why is it getting rid of it "a way to cleanse one's past"?

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

What should have been a 60 page one-shot is crammed up in 30 with the obvious results. Plus I'll never understand people who throw money away, either literally like this or at so-called charities or whatever. Money is not dirty, it doesn't smell or judge you.

Logseman
Rooftop discussion 25 May 20:12
joined Apr 23, 2013

Many stories in the Nifty/Lesbian/Authoritarian shelf are just this. But to have it developed so faithfully in a manga is a novelty.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

I like the fact that the story is coral, Zakuro and Agemaki are the protagonists but that doesn't neglect the other characters' development.

But to have this end like this is a bit mean...

joined Apr 23, 2013

This is a perfect example of how the most menial stuff can be made outrageously funny if the right person gets to do it. Great stuff, here's hoping it continues!

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

I'd say the fact that we only have the first 5 chapters here is an improvement over the real ending.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

I'd like to thank @drpepperfan for recommending Koe no Katachi. It's a really powerful, thought-provoking read.

Logseman
Kase-san discussion 14 May 14:12
joined Apr 23, 2013

so excactly as before without the "will-they-or-won't-they-but-we-all-know-they-will-because-it's-a-yuri-series" sound perfect!

Some yuri doesn't finish in the girls getting together... which is great, too. People fall in love all the time to find that their feelings are never matched, so we need to find those kinds of endings. It makes the good ones sweeter too, when you've been rooting for one couple and they end up together.

last edited at May 14, 2013 2:12PM

joined Apr 23, 2013

Hell, is Rika scary. I don't think you can condense more of the essence of an abusive person than the mangaka did in a couple of chapters.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

Mutsuki reminds me of one of Great Teacher Onizuka's characters, who was a professor who stalked Onizuka's love interests. For some reason, the Japanese don't have any issue in building up the fact that this sort of people are absolutely creepy and antisocial, but when they're found out no one seems to care about the fact that.

Irrespective of that important flaw, the manga portrays quite likeable characters. I think Akira is one of those few male protagonists who has a spine.

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

The story is jarring: moe and crude stories make for a risky blend, which is a good thing, but Minamo is absolutely unlikable. There's nothing good about her.

Logseman
Ipheion discussion 04 May 04:20
joined Apr 23, 2013

The manga has 24 pages. A mangaka can cram only so much content in there before s/he runs out of space. In this case, the author has been smart and focused on building up a whole setting where it is hinted that Shido likes Kaga, but the twist is that she actually likes Yukimine (who likes her back but cannot spit it out).

joined Apr 23, 2013

I'm a bit confused about the whole characters... did we get to see the smart, reliable girl who didn't show up to the assignment group?

Logseman
joined Apr 23, 2013

I think the idea is very promising, but the story is underdeveloped. Particularly Leon and Liao Xing needed more love.

joined Apr 23, 2013

I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks forward to MOAR MIND GAEMZ.

last edited at May 1, 2013 10:28AM

joined Apr 23, 2013

I dont know what happen, but its look like from date 23 - 26 april all the manga that been uploaded is PIECE OF TRASH... It seems its not for yuri manga anymore but pervert manga....

I take great pride in this statement, it resembles progress on my part.

I've imagined you with the same face as the GNU of your avatar as you were writing that, and I lol'd hard.

last edited at Apr 29, 2013 4:33AM

joined Apr 23, 2013

I'd like to suggest that the tags which suggest ships doujin (e.g. Hotaru x Chibiusa, Fate x Nanoha) get their own subtag system, or get rearranged somehow so that they're separated from standard categories? When one looks for genres, they kinda get in the way.

Also, does Dynasty Scans have a tip jar? I can't find any on the main site.