Forum › Just the Two of Us discussion

joined Jan 30, 2013

The story's kinda nice (bullying is usually somewhat interesting), but what's with the ending? It seems unfinished...
Anyway, thanks for the release.

edit: nvm, I just discovered michan's post. So, do sequels exist or is it an oneshot?

last edited at Mar 19, 2013 7:11PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwww.

joined Jan 30, 2013

i'm sorry so is this the end or not the last post confused me a bit

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

awww :/
It is just one-shot.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

There has been no sequel of this story released so far, although there's a good chance it will be continued at some point.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Shame if it stays as a one shot, but realy enjoyed it so thanks for translating it for us :)

I see this kinda bullying in quite a few manga/anime - and not to get all serious but it makes me think surely its not like that realy- it's just a plot devise like the missing parents thing, and used WAY more than it realy occurs? Either that or Japan's schools are like 20 - 30 years behind most of the west in some ways. This kind of bullying cant happen much now, its too big an issue these days, both pupils, parents and teachers know to deal with it. Teachers wouldnt just ignore it going on like this- they'd get sacked and school would be in big trouble, at least here in UK. I would hardly take manga as a source for how things are in Japan but it makes you wonder whats up.

last edited at Mar 19, 2013 4:51PM

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

What a cute story :) I am really happy she stuck up for the girl being bullied <3

Thank you for all the hard work :D

last edited at Mar 19, 2013 5:22PM

Tomoko_kuroki__by_djvm4god-d53x3z6
joined Nov 9, 2012

this was really sweet ^-^ I hope they continue this, even though it says a one shot but I WANT MORE.

last edited at Mar 19, 2013 7:09PM

joined Nov 11, 2010

The drawings are really cute...I like this. I like it a lot.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Very cute. I do hope there's a sequel . . . it feels like the characters are just starting to come alive.

joined Jan 19, 2013

Thanks for another great release.
Terribly cute. Hope the artist actually makes this a series, even if it's just a Comiket thing.

I would hardly take manga as a source for how things are in Japan but it makes you wonder whats up.

Actually, bullying is a pretty huge problem in Japan. One of the few English sites that writes about the bullying articles is Sankaku Complex. I thought the survey on NicoNico Douga back in August 2012 was particularly shocking: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/08/22/japan-nation-of-bullies-57-bullied-27-consider-suicide/ (site is NSFW)

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

If you want a great (but a tear jerker and not yuri) manga about the problem of bullying in Japan, I highly recommend the hugely acclaimed and widely discussed oneshot Koe No Katachi. http://www.mangapark.com/manga/koe-no-katachi

And here's a download from Futari Wa Pretty Anon.

http://prettyanonymo.us/?p=3110

A really nice read, a deserving winner of the 80th Weekly Shounen Magazine Newbie Best Mangaka Award, and if this is a accurate portrayal of bullying in japanese schools, than it's definitely a serious problem.

Tomoko_kuroki__by_djvm4god-d53x3z6
joined Nov 9, 2012

A really nice read, a deserving winner of the 80th Weekly Shounen Magazine Newbie Best Mangaka Award, and if this is a accurate portrayal of bullying in japanese schools, than it's definitely a serious problem.

thanks for that. I enjoyed that a lot

joined Aug 19, 2012

If people messed with me like that constantly I'll probably get super angry and murder them. Luckily no one ever tried

Also I am not too sure if bullying is a huge problem in Japan, just like I don't take movies or TV series that always portrayed high school bullying at face value. Sure, it probably exists and happens somewhere, but probably not rampant or anything.

last edited at Mar 20, 2013 4:24AM

joined Jul 3, 2011

On pg. 17 "You know where to find me if you want a fight". Has a cooler line ever been recited?

last edited at Mar 20, 2013 2:17PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Bullying is a very serious problem in Japan, for the same reasons as in Koe no Katachi: the teachers look the other way and allow it to happen, usually to protect the reputation of the school. In Japan, almost all schools are private sector organizations that count on their reputations to attract customers (that is, students), and any sort of undesirable occurances (bullying, molesting teachers, etc.) are covered up or ignored as much as possible. Bullying is one of the reasons Japan's suicide rate is one of the highest among developed nations, effectively twice as many as in the US for a given sample size.

last edited at Mar 21, 2013 10:56AM

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Bullying is a very serious problem in Japan, for the same reasons as in Koe no Katachi: the teachers look the other way and allow it to happen, usually to protect the reputation of the school. In Japan, almost all schools are private sector organizations that count on their reputations to attract customers (that is, students), and any sort of undesirable occurances (bullying, molesting teachers, etc.) are covered up or ignored as much as possible. Bullying is one of the reasons Japan's suicide rate is one of the highest among developed nations, effectively twice as many as in the US for a given sample size.

That is crazy! I learn something new everyday, like wow.  It is really sad that they cover up and ignore such big incidents like that just to protect the school reputation.
joined Jan 19, 2013

If you want a great (but a tear jerker and not yuri) manga about the problem of bullying in Japan, I highly recommend the hugely acclaimed and widely discussed oneshot Koe No Katachi. http://www.mangapark.com/manga/koe-no-katachi

And here's a download from Futari Wa Pretty Anon.

Thanks for the recommendation. I can't recall the last time a manga ever moved me so much, and all this from just a one-shot. Very deserving of the award.

Every time I hear about bullying in Japan, I get sick to my stomach. I wish it wasn't so bad there, or anywhere for that matter, but even with the recent national campaign against it it seems to continue. I can only hope it gets better.

joined Mar 23, 2013

woo
I really love it <3
Can I trans this to Vietnamese?

last edited at Mar 23, 2013 1:07PM

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

woo
I really love it <3
Can I trans this to Vietnamese?

Go ahead. There's really no need to ask us.

joined Jul 3, 2011

It ended kind of abruptly. I wonder if there's a series with them out there somewhere.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

It ended kind of abruptly. I wonder if there's a series with them out there somewhere.

There isn't. We checked.

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

This author typically publishes new works at summer and winter comiket. They have, in the past, written series with continuations. So this one very well might be continued in the future. But right now it's a one-shot.

joined Jul 3, 2011

Hmm, what a shame. Well I guess all I can do is hope for a continuation without holding my breath.

Logo-ubuntu_st_no%c2%ae-white-hex
joined Apr 23, 2013

I'd like to thank @drpepperfan for recommending Koe no Katachi. It's a really powerful, thought-provoking read.

To reply you must either login or sign up.