Forum › Not For Sale discussion

joined Apr 20, 2013

see how the yuri saves people's life?

+1 :D AHAHA. rofl.

+2 XDD

FOR GOD SAKE! Money being thrown!!? NOOO! You don't do that! T _T I would have fallen from that bridge to catch it, though.

joined Apr 7, 2013

This one was surprisingly good.

It was a bit rushed at points (as some have said), but it was also a one shot. The editor probably said "What can you give us in this many pages?"

As for throwing away the money, I get it completely. She had found a focus for her life, and that money felt like an anchor to her. She didn't want to use it for anything that would apply to her new focus. She got rid of the anchor.

Logo-ubuntu_st_no%c2%ae-white-hex
joined Apr 23, 2013

What should have been a 60 page one-shot is crammed up in 30 with the obvious results. Plus I'll never understand people who throw money away, either literally like this or at so-called charities or whatever. Money is not dirty, it doesn't smell or judge you.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

What should have been a 60 page one-shot is crammed up in 30 with the obvious results. Plus I'll never understand people who throw money away, either literally like this or at so-called charities or whatever. Money is not dirty, it doesn't smell or judge you.

i have a shop and work 11/24 6/7, then my way of thinking is similar to yours, but, if money doesn't judge you, you too can't judge people that don't think like you, i have a lot of friends that hate money in every sence, and they are not rich, the few money they see, they use them at once, almost trowing them away

post edit: and i can tell you one thing, money smells a lot, the first thing i do when i'm at home, i wash my hands

last edited at May 26, 2013 6:45AM

joined Apr 23, 2013

But what is there to fear of money? Money is a tool for you to buy stuff with it, either today or in the future (delayed consumption). Why is it "an anchor", and why is it getting rid of it "a way to cleanse one's past"?

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

why is it getting rid of it "a way to cleanse one's past"?

because it's prostitution money that she earnt from having sex with men it's understandable that she wants to get rid of it. also like she said on this http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/not_for_sale#24 page, she can't use it to go on dates with someone she actually likes.

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

But what is there to fear of money? Money is a tool for you to buy stuff with it, either today or in the future (delayed consumption). Why is it "an anchor", and why is it getting rid of it "a way to cleanse one's past"?

It's symbolic. She got that money from being a prostitute and she never knew what love was. Now that she has someone she loves she won't be a prostitute anymore, and she feels uncomfortable using the money she made through the prostitution, so she gets rid of it as a symbol of her moving on.

joined Apr 23, 2013

I know the meaning it has in-story, of course. I just wanted to raise the question that comes from this part:

she can't use it to go on dates with someone she actually likes.

It's money, it's something she worked hard for. Why not use it for the benefit of herself and her loved one? For me it sounds... flippant, frivolous to throw it away like that.

joined May 10, 2013

the price for love.. ..priceless :...
yuri wins again haha

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Geez louise people it's not that difficuy to grasp!!

The money was representative of her nasty past, of her time spent selling her body for money, a time which she is ashamed of and doesn't want to be reminded of anymore. So to cleanse herself of her guilt of it, she throws all her dirty money away, allowing her to start a fresh life with her new love and move on from it. If she relied on that money anymore, whether for food or for gifts or for dates or ANYTHING, then she would still feel the guilt.

And if anyone replies to this going UM WHY WOULD SHE THROW MONEY AWAY???!! SHE COULD SPEND IT ON THINGS LIKE SHOES AND STUFF AND GIFTS then i will ram my fist up your butthole for missing the point of the story completely.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

BUT THE MONEY.
THINK OF THE MONEY.

last edited at May 26, 2013 4:29PM

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

The money was representative of her nasty past, of her time spent selling her body for money, a time which she is ashamed of and doesn't want to be reminded of anymore. So to cleanse herself of her guilt of it, she throws all her dirty money away, allowing her to start a fresh life with her new love and move on from it. If she relied on that money anymore, whether for food or for gifts or for dates or ANYTHING, then she would still feel the guilt.

And if anyone replies to this going UM WHY WOULD SHE THROW MONEY AWAY???!! SHE COULD SPEND IT ON THINGS LIKE SHOES AND STUFF AND GIFTS then i will ram my fist up your butthole for missing the point of the story completely.

UM WHY WOULD SHE THROW MONEY AWAY???!! SHE COULD SPEND IT ON THINGS LIKE SHOES AND STUFF AND GIFTS!

Yes, I am a dick. You're welcome.

last edited at May 26, 2013 6:01PM

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

At least she helped other people, rather than destroying the money.

I'm of the kind that 'even if it was gained from something unethical, use it so we don't waste the sacrifice of those who were trampled to get there'... For example, the data gained from human experimentation during WWII.

In this situation, she got to cut loose her past with a very obvious gesture, giving her closure, and it didn't go to waste! Win-win, IMHO.

last edited at May 26, 2013 6:25PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

BUT THE MONEY.
THINK OF THE MONEY.

You are a horrible person. And I can totally relate to you :D
The manga reminded me heavily of Sugar wa Othoshigoro*, but it wasn't as interesting and too short. Development was too fast as some have pointed out.
*Can a native English speaker correct this sentence, please? It sounds so wrong.

edit:
"Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world

Aha-ahaaa" - Money, Money, Money by ABBA

Fits so well.

last edited at May 26, 2013 6:37PM

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

UM WHY WOULD SHE THROW MONEY AWAY???!! SHE COULD SPEND IT ON THINGS LIKE SHOES AND STUFF AND GIFTS!

Michan-sama, is your ass ok?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Michan-sama, is your ass ok?

I'm pretty sure Mi-Chan is used to his ass feeling this way.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

wasn't expecting the whole "sell yourself for sex thing" caught me off guard haha! I was expecting a confession in the beginning ... was I wrong!

Well I enjoyed reading this ^_^

joined Nov 11, 2010

At least she helped other people, rather than destroying the money.

I'm of the kind that 'even if it was gained from something unethical, use it so we don't waste the sacrifice of those who were trampled to get there'... For example, the data gained from human experimentation during WWII.

In this situation, she got to cut loose her past with a very obvious gesture, giving her closure, and it didn't go to waste! Win-win, IMHO.

These are mostly my feelings on the matter, except that I don't really consider random people on the street the most constructive choice if you're trying to help somebody. A lot more could probably be done if any screening was done to target it towards an actual need somewhere. Of course, that kind of awareness might be unrealistic to expect from a teenage girl of that age (particularly one who was participating in enjo kousai for "fun"...) but then again I don't have to find a symbolic display marred by immaturity all that touching.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

this is not the first time shuninta talks about this, there's the first episode of SGLB, and a great artist can do everything in his works,
this discussion about money is one thing if we talk about the plot of the one-shot, but is different if we intend to talk about our lifes, based on our experience and POV

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

These are mostly my feelings on the matter, except that I don't really consider random people on the street the most constructive choice if you're trying to help somebody. A lot more could probably be done if any screening was done to target it towards an actual need somewhere. Of course, that kind of awareness might be unrealistic to expect from a teenage girl of that age (particularly one who was participating in enjo kousai for "fun"...) but then again I don't have to find a symbolic display marred by immaturity all that touching.

Yeah I probably would have donated it to some charity, anonymously if she wanted to not have any attention drawn to her.

It doesn't make as good art, though. ;)

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Feel like crying:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5m3ftlDrz1rx89yso1_500.jpg

historically laughing =))))) literally =)))))))

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

hysterically =)))))))))

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

S-sh-she...threw the money! DX lol

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

This story would have been brilliant if it were a few chapters long rather than a one-shot. It wouldn't feel as rushed.

To reply you must either login or sign up.