Forum › Wild and Horned Hermit discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nice to see this back with new chapters, I'd been wondering if it was cancelled or something.

Tumblr_mmzjekkrdw1qlpahho1_1280
joined May 8, 2013

Nice to see this back with new chapters, I'd been wondering if it was cancelled or something.

It's still ongoing, it's just that no one has been translating them lately, either that, or the manga has been licensed.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It's still ongoing, it's just that no one has been translating them lately, either that, or the manga has been licensed.

For some reason no one cares about this manga and Forbidden Scrollery (despite being official and therefore canon) and just one guy is translating both of them. He said that he found FS more interesting and so this one is on hiatus for a while.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

For some reason no one cares about this manga and Forbidden Scrollery (despite being official and therefore canon) and just one guy is translating both of them. He said that he found FS more interesting and so this one is on hiatus for a while.

Weird. I, for one, find it fascinating and all the characters work really well together.

Images
joined May 22, 2014

I am kind of disappointed that they used hobgoblins as the western version of zashiki warashi. A more fitting creature would be the klabouter of danish folklore or the domovoi of russian folklore.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

I am kind of disappointed that they used hobgoblins as the western version of zashiki warashi. A more fitting creature would be the klabouter of danish folklore or the domovoi of russian folklore.

it's not easy for japanese to research on european folklore,
even an italian like me have problem to find material in a language i know

joined Mar 16, 2015

If you look around, the translation is actually up to date with the new release, but the translation is still in beta stage as the translators are mulling over the right localization (over some manner of speech like Mamizou's mostly). Not to mention WaHH is bimonthly unlike FS and right now WaHH's artist is hospitalized so the interest.for WaHH decreased for a bit because there's no new material.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh.

Hope WaHH's artist recovers soon :(

joined Jan 11, 2015

new chapter has come!i've been waiting for so long

joined Jan 11, 2015

new chapter has come!i've been waiting for so long

btw..about the wine bug in cp16,i wonder if it is edible?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You should report wine bugs whenever you find one.

joined Jan 11, 2015

You should report wine bugs whenever you find one.

well.....i mean that wine bug in cp16 is not a bug but a worm,it looks awful and i was wondering if it is edible......

last edited at Apr 21, 2015 12:03PM

joined Apr 30, 2014

So does...what does this chapter mean? Kasen was human and turned into an oni? Her kind act is literally an act? Gotta see the next chapter.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So does...what does this chapter mean? Kasen was human and turned into an oni? Her kind act is literally an act? Gotta see the next chapter.

All we really know from this chapter is that Suika has known her in the past, she knows good sake when she sees it, and wasn't always a hermit. You can put those pieces together several ways, I'd say.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The most common interpretation is that Kasen is an oni posing as a hermit for some reason.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The most common interpretation is that Kasen is an oni posing as a hermit for some reason.

It makes sense, but it seems too easy. I'm hoping there's more to it than that.

weatherflonium
joined Oct 20, 2014

Oh, Suika finally caught sight of Kasen. That'll be interesting.

For those who don't delve into the >deepest lore, Suika is generally considered to be based on Shuten-douji, also known as Ibuki-douji. Shuten-douji is associated with another oni leader, Ibaraki-douji. Now, where have we heard that name before? (She was also acquainted with a Hoshikuma-douji, who is pretty obviously the inspiration for Yuugi.)

A common theory even says Shuten-douji and Ibaraki-douji were lovers. (And yet, still no Kasen/Suika tag in sight...)

Images
joined May 22, 2014

She is also hinted to be one of the four deva's of the mountain along with suika and yuugi.

edit: I posted this comment before reading weatherflonium's explanation. That's a better explanation than mine.

last edited at Apr 29, 2015 4:04AM

Images
joined May 22, 2014

Oh, Suika finally caught sight of Kasen. That'll be interesting.

For those who don't delve into the >deepest lore, Suika is generally considered to be based on Shuten-douji, also known as Ibuki-douji. Shuten-douji is associated with another oni leader, Ibaraki-douji. Now, where have we heard that name before? (She was also acquainted with a Hoshikuma-douji, who is pretty obviously the inspiration for Yuugi.)

A common theory even says Shuten-douji and Ibaraki-douji were lovers. (And yet, still no Kasen/Suika tag in sight...)

I have been waiting for a Kasen/suika doujin ever since I read about that.

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Folklore-wise, it's actually pretty weird because Oni are known as straightforward bunch that dislike lies and hate deceit. So the mystery seems to be why Kasen pose herself as human hermit if she's actually an Oni and what happened with her hand?

last edited at Apr 30, 2015 5:48PM

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Like this one here?
10 guesses who the artist is, and the first nine don't count.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Like this one here?
10 guesses who the artist is, and the first nine don't count.

This gives ch 21 events a whole new meaning.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

at ch. 18 the hermit says: "religion seems a little vicious, it takes advantage of people weakness";
nothing new under the sun, even gensokio barrier isn't enoght to protect from this society's desease

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

at ch. 18 the hermit says: "religion seems a little vicious, it takes advantage of people weakness";
nothing new under the sun, even gensokio barrier isn't enoght to protect from this society's desease

Now now, not all religions are evil...

joined Jan 11, 2015

waiting for new chapters

To reply you must either login or sign up.