Forum › Relationship Change discussion

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Geez! That is a LOT to drop on your best friend of ten years! At least give her some time to think about it!

She even seems averse to intimate contact, which is a whole other level of nope! I know she loves her friend, but she has to set boundaries if they want to continue any kind of relationship.

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

I hope the author will continue to write little stories about these two girls. The first part of the story has its dramatic feel, but there's also a lot of comic reaction and it's kinda light. But the extras... so heavy, no comedy at all. I really hope they find their way to a healthy relationship, whether it's love, or a return to friendship.

last edited at Jan 17, 2024 8:23PM

joined Jan 22, 2015

This has "don't stick your dick in crazy" relationship vibes except its yuri so I guess its "don't jam with a sinister clam".

I'll see myself out now.

joined Oct 23, 2022

This manga is done terribly, the storyboard is confusing and boring as hell, the characters all look so stiff, and some scenes make zero sense for example why would anyone randomly choke someone (I meant the one after the rear naked choke, the second choke)

last edited at Jan 18, 2024 12:56PM

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

She definitely could've worded that better lol, it's valid for her to not want to associate with her anymore as friends after confessing but making it seem like an ultimatum made this bad for the both of them

Well, a confession between two best friends/childhood friends kind of inherently is an ultimatum—it’s trying to get what you want at the risk of losing what you have, which is why so many useless MCs agonize about it so much.

Agreed, to both. This is a similar scenario to another series right now. Perfectly reasonable to distance oneself from a crush like that--just need to do it right. It's the reality of the situation. Can't force someone to date you but you also shouldn't be forced to feel that pain constantly. It's unfortunate, but the friend made her choice to date her. We don't know enough about them to tell whether the friend has feelings or not. Also agree on the headlock thing but I feel that was meant as a joke between friends (though pg13 could suggest something else).

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t really think this sort of scenario needs to inherently be an ultimatum. Even if the feelings aren’t mutual, sometimes just being able to get them out there is enough. I remember asking out a friend of mine in college and getting shot down. It hurt, bad, and things were a little awkward (at least on my end, don’t know how she was feeling) for the next few months, but we eventually got past it. I even attended her wedding a few months back, and felt nothing but joy for her. And I know there are people who have had similar experiences to me.

My point is, confessions between two friends only need to be an all-or-nothing ultimatum if the involved parties choose to treat it as such, such as is the case in this story.

last edited at Jan 19, 2024 3:36AM

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

I don't really want a series, the ambiguous ending is scarier.
The worst of Haruka's yandere vibes are probably a joke, but she's clearly messed up and we didn't have enough time to pin down just how badly this could go. And imo the last page is just saying that whatever happens, Fuuka's going to hesitate until it's too late.

joined Jan 14, 2020

My point is, confessions between two friends only need to be an all-or-nothing ultimatum if the involved parties choose to treat it as such, such as is the case in this story.

Yeah, I've had quite a lot of "I like you", "sorry, I don't in that way", "darn. anyway," experiences.

If you're a guy at a tech college with a 3:1 M:F ratio, surviving the rejection process without being weird about it can actually strengthen the friendship, when the girl sees that you'll stick around despite no romantic possibility.

last edited at Jan 19, 2024 10:09PM

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Confession to a friend is not a good idea. Indeed, it's practically an ultimatum. A better idea would be to just talk about it with that friend. Especially if it's a really good friend.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Hmm felt uncomfortable all throughout. Well, I suppose there's room for stuff that makes you feel like that in fiction.

To reply you must either login or sign up.