Forum › Touhou Project discussion

joined Oct 29, 2019

I've gotten so used to ctrl+f ing everything that I might took quite a while to get used to this new look

Some rant: Even after getting more used to this I still prefer old one. Ctrl+f is just so effective there, and having pairings* and doujins split in several different pages after all this time just feel bothersome for me. -- asking for the old version back somehow, especially since I don't know programming or the full reason and the pros-cons of the change, but I'm too selfish to search deeper for that.

• About the pairings, I don't know if it's that known or not, but not every "character A"'s pairing is on the same page. For example, most of Hatate's pairings start with H, but since her pairing with Aya is "Aya x Hatate", you need to go back to A instead.

last edited at Jul 7, 2022 8:15AM

Twitpfp
joined Jan 25, 2022

Yeah same, I feel a little mixed too...It'd be nice to have an option to switch back to the old one just for searching purposes, if possible.

joined Jun 5, 2018

This new layout really takes effect here. I love that I dont need 2 minutes to load this page.

joined Aug 21, 2021

Hello, Fellow readers , i have been Hiding in this Site for like 6 months(?)...Anyway, i try reading many doujins but i only find Some Author with style that i really Like : 1st is Chamaji (the guy whose draw Everyone eyes different).....2nd is Karaagetarou ("At Chirei" author, his style is full of Fluffiness)...3rd is Zounose (a cannibalism beautifier)....Kawayabug (His Seiga design is Cool thou) or the Legendary Bomber Grape (with his b*llsh*t comedy, too bad he quit long ago:( )....So back to the Broblem : I want to find some authors with a "Unique" Style of drawing or Content that made u really enjoy (Laugh, bitter, speechless..) ...It dont have to be Moe up the Butt or Extremely detailed , simple is okay.....Another example is Pageratta (I dont really know how to describe this guy)...Thank you, hope this site Eternal ☯

joined Jun 5, 2018

Hello, Fellow readers , i have been Hiding in this Site for like 6 months(?)...Anyway, i try reading many doujins but i only find Some Author with style that i really Like : 1st is Chamaji (the guy whose draw Everyone eyes different).....2nd is Karaagetarou ("At Chirei" author, his style is full of Fluffiness)...3rd is Zounose (a cannibalism beautifier)....Kawayabug (His Seiga design is Cool thou) or the Legendary Bomber Grape (with his b*llsh*t comedy, too bad he quit long ago:( )....So back to the Broblem : I want to find some authors with a "Unique" Style of drawing or Content that made u really enjoy (Laugh, bitter, speechless..) ...It dont have to be Moe up the Butt or Extremely detailed , simple is okay.....Another example is Pageratta (I dont really know how to describe this guy)...Thank you, hope this site Eternal ☯

Fantasy engineering works, I think tencos story (which is on this site) is nice to look at. There was 'Gensokyo of humans', if you havent caught that. This is what I can list on top of my head. Advent cirno, if you're satisfied with incomplete works.

joined Aug 21, 2021

Fantasy engineering works, I think tencos story (which is on this site) is nice to look at. There was 'Gensokyo of humans', if you havent caught that. This is what I can list on top of my head. Advent cirno, if you're satisfied with incomplete works.

Thks you, i dont know how much joy i Feel reading those ( i am halfway Gen of Human before thou :)) Escpecially "Fantasy engineering" that was Something I was never dream of (Crying Face), His works was too Good, It was like a Real World.......That why i love this Fandom, It is like Gensokyo , always there, Peaceful , sometime malicious , yet make me
dont want to leave....Sadly i don't even know how to Draw Properly, Well at least i Can Clear Easy mode ;)... Hope u ,all who pass by a nice day !!!

last edited at Feb 24, 2022 11:02AM

joined Mar 1, 2022

Does anyone know of a way to switch back to the old layout? Having to flip through page after page instead of using ctrl+f on a single page has made searching through pairings an absolute nightmare.

last edited at Mar 1, 2022 5:19AM

Twitpfp
joined Jan 25, 2022

Does anyone know of a way to switch back to the old layout? Having to flip through page after page instead of using ctrl+f on a single page has made searching through pairings an absolute nightmare.

A substitute method i've found is to use the Wayback machine to look at the old layout, search through there and then go to the doujin on the actual website. It's far from as convenient as it was before but it's there. I agree that it's a bit of a nightmare to search for stuff with the current layout still...

joined May 22, 2023

We really need more Reimari doujins.

Nanoskript Uploader
Sanae's Bread Scans
joined Jun 24, 2023

Dynasty Scans doesn't have character tags so, last year, I wrote a tool that lets you search for doujins that mentions a Touhou character's name anywhere in the chapter images: https://nanoskript.dev/touhou/dynasty-tags/

You can type @alice in the search field to find all the doujins that mentions Alice or Margatroid at least once in any of the chapter's images. The number next to the name represents how many times that name was detected. The data currently only contains works that were uploaded before September 2022 but I hope to get it updated sometime.

Hopefully this might be useful to other people as well!

joined Jun 5, 2018

Dynasty Scans doesn't have character tags so, last year, I wrote a tool that lets you search for doujins that mentions a Touhou character's name anywhere in the chapter images: https://nanoskript.dev/touhou/dynasty-tags/

You can type @alice in the search field to find all the doujins that mentions Alice or Margatroid at least once in any of the chapter's images. The number next to the name represents how many times that name was detected. The data currently only contains works that were uploaded before September 2022 but I hope to get it updated sometime.

Hopefully this might be useful to other people as well!

bless you!

joined Dec 18, 2020

Don't mind me, I'm just waiting for the inevitable flood of Yomotsu Hisami to drown this site.

3p3s4vk0o34b1
joined Aug 15, 2023

Congratulations 2hu fans, you did it, now there's a canon lesbian who is down bad and is also masochist.

joined May 22, 2023

Congratulations 2hu fans, you did it, now there's a canon lesbian who is down bad and is also masochist.

Who?

3p3s4vk0o34b1
joined Aug 15, 2023

Who?

Yomotsu hisami she is an eggplant lady that loves getting punished by her boss and she basically has a crush on her.

last edited at Aug 19, 2023 12:43AM

joined Apr 30, 2022

Why is there no more reimari doujin?

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

Why is there no more reimari doujin?

There is if you know where to look. Right now though for this site there's only two groups scanlating touhou stuff. Comiket (comicon but Doujinshi) just happened, and I think Reitasai (comiket but it's just touhou) happens later this year.

Obviously not all Doujin circles are going to be touhou or making touhou manga. So let's do some quick math.

Using comiket 100's numbers, which gives us 708 touhou circles, and for the sake of argument, 10% of circles produce manga doujins, that gives us...

71 (rounded up from 70.8)

Now, most of these will not make it to the internet as scans due to one reason or another, so let's reduce that number down by 50% (I have no basis for this number, just roll with it), which gives us 36 Doujinshi. A number of these are likely to be Yuri, and a small number likely to be Reimari in the face of the diverse base of characters.

Now obviously the numbers are all bullshit aside from the actual comiket data. It could be much higher or much lower. The idea remains the same though. Not everything that's produced gets scanned.

Fewer get translated.

Even Fewer get scanlated.

Someone who's actually done the scanning part please correct me on the numbers, the above is all based off a paper I did for college about fan translations.

last edited at Aug 30, 2023 11:11PM

joined Apr 30, 2022

There is if you know where to look.

Can you tell me where I can read them?

last edited at Sep 1, 2023 6:04AM

joined Nov 19, 2022

There is if you know where to look.

Can you tell me where I can read them?

Danbooru has translations, but you're going to have to really search for them depending on your account (or lack of). Ao3 also has a good chunk of Reimari, and a whole bunch of other well written works for various ships. You can also go straight to the source and search around on pixiv, but likely that won't be a fruitful as the others.

last edited at Sep 5, 2023 2:02AM

joined Nov 19, 2022

I don't know what ones you've read on this site, but there's likely some that haven't been posted here but are on Mangadex. That your going to have to trial and error your way through.

Images%20(61)%20(8)
joined Nov 18, 2023

There has been a lot of Alice x Marisa doujin posted here recently (Not that I'm complaining) but I would like other ships like Koishi x Kokoro or Reimu x Marisa or any other ship doujins for that matter. I like these Alice x Marisa doujins tho I think they should give other ships some shine as well.

3p3s4vk0o34b1
joined Aug 15, 2023

^ all of those Alice x Marisa doujins were uploaded in the same day lmao

Images%20(61)%20(8)
joined Nov 18, 2023

^ Yeah but why? There are other ship doujins right? I have been only seeing a lot of Alice x Marisa doujins being posted here these past few weeks.

3p3s4vk0o34b1
joined Aug 15, 2023

^ Yeah but why? There are other ship doujins right? I have been only seeing a lot of Alice x Marisa doujins being posted here these past few weeks.

Yeah, but Alice x Marisa is the 2nd biggest ship after Reimu x Marisa, it makes sense that there's so many of them compared to other ships.
(And also it's probably just some mod who likes Alice x Marisa)

Nanoskript Uploader
Sanae's Bread Scans
joined Jun 24, 2023

The batch of AliMari chapters that was recently uploaded were all part of a single anthology doujinshi. Under normal circumstances, they would all be uploaded under a single release, but we decided to separate them out in order to have better labels for the authors and scanlation groups that worked on each particular chapter.

There are other ship doujins right?

As Eagletanker mentioned above, there aren't many scanlation groups working on Touhou doujinshi at the moment. The other AliMari doujins you are referring to are probably mostly done by us (Sanae's Bread Scans). I like doujins with Alice in them, so that tends to be what we translate. Unfortunately, since we're one of the few active groups at the moment, that means a disproportionately high amount of AliMari doujins gets uploaded.

The good news is that there are new Touhou scanlators popping up (working mostly solo or in tiny teams like us as far as I can tell), so hopefully we'll see more diversity in the coming months!

last edited at Dec 6, 2023 5:26PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.