Forum › Posts by Nanoskript

Nanoskript Uploader
Sanae's Bread Scans
joined Jun 24, 2023

Don't think I've read a single Sanae x Alice doujin yet. Wonder how the mentioned afterward doujin of that coupling goes

I like this Sanae x Alice doujin on Dynasty.

It looks like some of the other Touhou doujins from LIMIT are listed on Melonbooks and Toranoana (and have samples) but unfortunately they all seem to be out of stock and haven't been uploaded anywhere. I think the Alice x Sanae doujins from them are mostly 4-koma though.

Sanae's Bread Scans
joined Jun 24, 2023

I don't have data for the other series on Dynasty, but for Touhou, MariAli (closely tied with ReiMari) is the most popular pairing:
Data was collected in September 2023.

Nanoskript Uploader
Sanae's Bread Scans
joined Jun 24, 2023

Poor Meiling.

Nanoskript Uploader
Sanae's Bread Scans
joined Jun 24, 2023

The batch of AliMari chapters that was recently uploaded were all part of a single anthology doujinshi. Under normal circumstances, they would all be uploaded under a single release, but we decided to separate them out in order to have better labels for the authors and scanlation groups that worked on each particular chapter.

There are other ship doujins right?

As Eagletanker mentioned above, there aren't many scanlation groups working on Touhou doujinshi at the moment. The other AliMari doujins you are referring to are probably mostly done by us (Sanae's Bread Scans). I like doujins with Alice in them, so that tends to be what we translate. Unfortunately, since we're one of the few active groups at the moment, that means a disproportionately high amount of AliMari doujins gets uploaded.

The good news is that there are new Touhou scanlators popping up (working mostly solo or in tiny teams like us as far as I can tell), so hopefully we'll see more diversity in the coming months!

last edited at Dec 6, 2023 5:26PM

Nanoskript Uploader
Barren Woes discussion 11 Sep 17:18
Sanae's Bread Scans
joined Jun 24, 2023

Lol i can just image them having this conversation lol.

p.s Im not 100% sure but the ending - is it saying Alice has none too lol?

That seems to be what is implied by the title.

There's a pun in the title that I wasn't able to translate across. "不毛" can mean either "barren" (and literally, no hair) or "fruitless" (in the sense of having a useless discussion).

Nanoskript Uploader
Sanae's Bread Scans
joined Jun 24, 2023

Ohhhhh damn, we have a half-finished shinoba scan, I wonder where it's at. Let me see if the crew wants to collaborate!

Edit: Lmao, nevermind it was this one. Congrats on the release!

Thank you for your group's past work! I don't think we would've picked this one up if it weren't for The Zärtlichkeit du Yuri's releases.

Nanoskript Uploader
Sanae's Bread Scans
joined Jun 24, 2023

There was a translation mistake on pages 042, and 043. For anyone that's already read this doujin, I recommend re-reading those pages as they may affect the interpretation of the entire doujin.

Nanoskript Uploader
Sanae's Bread Scans
joined Jun 24, 2023

Don't mess with Yukari's Ran. Or Yukari.

Nanoskript Uploader
Sanae's Bread Scans
joined Jun 24, 2023

Is shinki really so small? I always thought her to be on the tall side

I wonder if this is less Shinki being small, and more Alice being pretty tall. I think there may also be some artistic choice in making Alice taller than Shinki in order to emphasize how she's metaphorically "surpassed" her mother.

Nanoskript Uploader
Sanae's Bread Scans
joined Jun 24, 2023

The actual name of this series is "たりないのぜ!" which translates to "It Ain't Enough!"

For consistency, I've followed the same naming scheme that was used by the previous scanlator, Yuri in Wonderland.

I've searched extensively but it looks like "たりないのぜ!2" hasn't been publicly saved anywhere so unless someone happens to have a saved copy from back in 2015, the only person who has it is probably Non themselves.

last edited at Aug 6, 2023 2:56AM

Nanoskript Uploader
Sanae's Bread Scans
joined Jun 24, 2023

Dynasty Scans doesn't have character tags so, last year, I wrote a tool that lets you search for doujins that mentions a Touhou character's name anywhere in the chapter images: https://nanoskript.dev/touhou/dynasty-tags/

You can type @alice in the search field to find all the doujins that mentions Alice or Margatroid at least once in any of the chapter's images. The number next to the name represents how many times that name was detected. The data currently only contains works that were uploaded before September 2022 but I hope to get it updated sometime.

Hopefully this might be useful to other people as well!

Sanae's Bread Scans
joined Jun 24, 2023

Dynasty Scans Image Proxy by Nanoskript

This userscript loads chapter images and image posts from an image proxy server that compresses the images before sending them to your browser. Depending on how far away you are from Dynasty Scans' servers (which are located in Europe), this may significantly improve image loading times and reduce the amount of data you use.

Furthermore, the proxy operates behind Cloudflare which caches the compressed images. This means requesting the same image more than once is near instant for everyone.

Installation instructions:
1. Install the Tampermonkey extension for your browser.
2. Click here to download the userscript.
3. Click on install.
4. You're done!

This userscript also adds a Preload button that loads all the images for a chapter in the background:

The image that is currently loading is colored in blue. Images that have been preloaded are colored in green. If you just want the preloading functionality without using the image proxy, here is the preloading script in the bookmarklet format:

javascript:(async()=>{for(let e=0;e<pages.length;++e){let l=document.querySelector(`a[href="#${e+1}"]`);l.style.fontWeight="bold",l.style.color="slateblue",await fetch(pages[e].image,{mode:"no-cors"}),l.style.color="green"}})();

Notes:
- The images are not compressed losslessly. This means there may be very minor image degradation compared to the original images.
- The image proxy server is hosted and operated by me. You can check if the server is online by checking if this page loads.

Benchmarks:
On average, loading an image with the proxy can be:

• ~3 seconds faster if you are located in the Asia-Pacific region.
  • ~0.5 seconds faster if you are located on the US east coast.

These results are highly dependent on your location and the strength of your internet connection. On average, the file size of the compressed images can be up to ~3x smaller with little impact to quality though this is highly dependent on the image.

- GitHub project page.
- Feel free to message @nanoskript on Discord if you have any questions!

last edited at Aug 5, 2023 6:56AM