Forum › Day of Blessing discussion

joined Feb 24, 2023

Will Suletta ever drop the “San” when she refers to Miorine I wonder, even when they’re married and banging it out it still hasn’t been dropped. I’m more surprised Miorine herself never asked her to drop it, maybe they’re both just to used to it lol

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Still, I prefer Miorine in the several pieces of fan media I've read (like this one) than in the original series. Maybe it's just that the series creators didn't have enough screen time to explore her emotions, so she comes off as cold a lot of the time.

I mean she's dealing with quite a lot throughout the entire show. Not much room for levity from her. Suletta's levity was in stark contrast to most others and can't be decoupled from her naivete, lack of responsibility and her control from her mother. Even she got serious once she started to suffer similar burdens. Mio can be cute in this one since it's post everything.

But this was super cute.

That's true. I think part of the reason I feel that way is that Miorine doesn't express emotion often, not even in private. For comparison, Nika is also going through a lot, but her character is more expressive, so she feels more relatable. (I don't mean it in a bad way, characters need to be different from each other, this is just me reasoning on why I don't find Miorine very likeable in the series).

Okay do you mean likeable as a character or likeable as a person? Because those are two very different things

As a person. I'm not sure what you mean by "likeable as a character." Isn't that the same as saying a character is popular?

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

That's true. I think part of the reason I feel that way is that Miorine doesn't express emotion often, not even in private. For comparison, Nika is also going through a lot, but her character is more expressive, so she feels more relatable. (I don't mean it in a bad way, characters need to be different from each other, this is just me reasoning on why I don't find Miorine very likeable in the series).

I can see that. From my perspective, the world's or backgrounds around them are different and therefore bred different qualities from each of them. Nika's is an "earthy" resistance compared to Mio's sterile, corporate background with dead family dynamics, and not to mention the looming, forced arranged marriage. Nika had distrust but had people she could trust. Mio had nothing really for a long time. I can understand her growing to be more emotionally insular and distrusting than Nika. She couldn't trust the interaction or intentions of anyone really until Suletta. Then of course to get out of that world she got hyper focused on leaving to Earth and could be more dismissive in an effort to reach that goal.

last edited at Aug 12, 2023 1:46PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

And that is because Miorine is a puddle of joy in the anime right?

She's a textbook tsundere

Still, I prefer Miorine in the several pieces of fan media I've read (like this one) than in the original series. Maybe it's just that the series creators didn't have enough screen time to explore her emotions, so she comes off as cold a lot of the time.

Which is based on epilogue/post-canon Miorine

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

But that's just the thing, I don't think she is one. Tsundere characters tend to be easy to read. They overreact to situations, it's clear to the reader that they're in denial. Miorine, if anything, underreacts. While there are scenes which establish that she cares for Suletta, most of the time you can't tell what she's thinking or feeling.

Even this particular story seems to acknowledge that, as the first panels are there specifically to tell us how Miorine felt during some moments in the series.

So yeah, she feels more charismatic in here, imho.

joined Sep 10, 2022

But that's just the thing, I don't think she is one. Tsundere characters tend to be easy to read. They overreact to situations, it's clear to the reader that they're in denial. Miorine, if anything, underreacts. While there are scenes which establish that she cares for Suletta, most of the time you can't tell what she's thinking or feeling.

Even this particular story seems to acknowledge that, as the first panels are there specifically to tell us how Miorine felt during some moments in the series.

So yeah, she feels more charismatic in here, imho.

100%. She's not a tsundere and definitely nowhere near textbook. She has valid reasons for being reserved but her feelings and emotions are not at all hidden or obviously contradictory when she shows them. She's very honest when she starts to trust and care for Suletta, but was honest when she didn't trust her initially as well. She's not in an exaggerated form of denial at all. She's just not as touchy-bubbly as Suletta and has more on her mind. This is borderline calling a real person a tsundere, it's an oversimplification, especially to say "textbook." I saw that comment too but didn't feel like typing lol.

last edited at Aug 13, 2023 7:49AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Well, you have to argue with the G Witch staff for that considering the OST has a track named "Tsundere" which is an arrangement of Miorine's theme

last edited at Aug 13, 2023 11:57AM

joined Sep 10, 2022

Well, you have to argue with the G Witch staff for that considering the OST has a track named "Tsundere" which is an arrangement of Miorine's theme

Not really since we watched the show. Same with their "up to interpretation" line right? A track title doesn't change what happened in the show.

last edited at Aug 14, 2023 3:51AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Not really since we watched the show. Same with their "up to interpretation" line right? A track title doesn't change what happened in the show.

the "up to interpretation" thing came from the suits up top, not the staff who actually made the show. Case in point: the super explicitly gay as fuck G-Witch Artbook.

joined Sep 10, 2022

the "up to interpretation" thing came from the suits up top, not the staff who actually made the show. Case in point: the super explicitly gay as fuck G-Witch Artbook.

Yeah, it was from corporate but that wasn't the point of my comment--doesnt affect the point. I hadn't seen the art book yet though, thanks for that heads up.

last edited at Aug 14, 2023 11:52PM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Oh wow, it's been so long since I last saw a doujin by Takano Saku, and it's Sulemio? Literally perfection.

joined Feb 11, 2022

I interpret this as Sebian Lex

637779b7-15e8-460d-857f-1d1f3ef2d4a5
joined Sep 15, 2019

I love these two with all my heart. <3 they deserve all the happiness in the universe.

joined Oct 25, 2010

I agree with you all! These two beautiful characters are beautiful and loving to each other and with others dear to them! Saku Takano is a wonderful storyteller and artist! I enjoy everything she posts!

To reply you must either login or sign up.