Forum › Cross Ange and Witch Craft Works

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Love Lab is all subtext, but also keep in mind that these girls are working towards finding a boyfriend which eventually shows up. Yuri goggles still OP though.

Damn and I was hoping that they wouldn't get a boyfriend, is it good even though it's full of subtext that will not lead to anything? and the anime is like the manga? because I made a search to see how much was translated and it have only 3 chapters for volume 1, than it jumps to volume 5.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Love Lab is all subtext, but also keep in mind that these girls are working towards finding a boyfriend which eventually shows up. Yuri goggles still OP though.

Damn and I was hoping that they wouldn't get a boyfriend, is it good even though it's full of subtext that will not lead to anything? and the anime is like the manga? because I made a search to see how much was translated and it have only 3 chapters for volume 1, than it jumps to volume 5.

Usually when that happens, the manga and anime are quite similar and the translation of the manga picks up where the anime was at that time.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Usually when that happens, the manga and anime are quite similar and the translation of the manga picks up where the anime was at that time.

I see, thanks, them no Renai Lab for now...

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

on ep 19 of cross ange.
tusks existance is so unnecessary tusk needs to die ZETSUBOUSHITA
cause I WANT ANGE X HILDA together they have more chemistry with each other honestly -.-

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

For Shirobako, Aoi x Yano is my headcanon.

Ha, same here. It's really the only yuri I wish would happen in the show. Erika is so supportive and knows Myamori so well. I love their relationship.

As for Cross Ange, I didn't want to watch it after seeing the odd OP animation.

But Witch Craft Works is worth the read/watch. I'm currently following the US volume releases, but so far I've liked what I've read a lot. It's almost too easy to forget the protagonist is male.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

But Witch Craft Works is worth the read/watch. I'm currently following the US volume releases, but so far I've liked what I've read a lot. It's almost too easy to forget the protagonist is male.

Any difference between the fan translation and the licensed version like extras or change in some of the chapters or is it the same thing?

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

on ep 19 of cross ange.
tusks existance is so unnecessary tusk needs to die ZETSUBOUSHITA
cause I WANT ANGE X HILDA together they have more chemistry with each other honestly -.-

Since you're watching it, is it true that the version subbed by Commie Subs has penises drawn on the girls?

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

making fun of virgin not sure that will sit well with otakus..

LOL

For Shirobako, Aoi x Yano is my headcanon.

Oh yes! Me too ~

Is Shirobako good? does anything happen or it's just subtext like Love Live? and talking about subtext, Renai Lab is also only subtext right?

I would say it's really good if you want to know more about the anime industry in Japan.
I have the impression to have secrets being revealed to me about how things work.
But definitely not yuri- I would say. There is no romance in it as far as I can see.
And to be honest, it's good like that.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I would say it's really good if you want to know more about the anime industry in Japan.
I have the impression to have secrets being revealed to me about how things work.
But definitely not yuri- I would say. There is no romance in it as far as I can see.
And to be honest, it's good like that.

Good to know that at least there is no het romance, my yuri googles wouldn't let me enjoy it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I got spoilers for you all HET!! with sex and all I totally wasted like 10 minutes looking for this thread just to warn you guys (and mostly bcoz I'm procrastinating, I don't want to sleep yet tomorrow I gotta work)... So if anyone out there is still looking into Cros Ange for its yuri.... DON'T ! avoid it, I even saw a .gif showing another girl getting her heart crushed in the anime

... Well now I must sleep :S BUT FIRST, gotta read more Marine Corps Yumi! yay

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I got spoilers for you all HET!! with sex and all I totally wasted like 10 minutes looking for this thread just to warn you guys (and mostly bcoz I'm procrastinating, I don't want to sleep yet tomorrow I gotta work)... So if anyone out there is still looking into Cros Ange for its yuri.... DON'T ! avoid it, I even saw a .gif showing another girl getting her heart crushed in the anime

... Well now I must sleep :S BUT FIRST, gotta read more Marine Corps Yumi! yay

I totally forgot I started this thread, but as Serenata said don't watch Cross Ange for the yuri, the girls where exiled in a island for years, some of them since they where child, so it's more situational sexuality instead of real lesbians, the yuri scenes are most for fan service.

The only real lesbians is basically a psycho lesbian that is a rapist, Rosalie and Chris who declare their love for each other in episode 24, Hilda was only playing as lesbian ultil she could escape but she really did fall in love with Ange and confess in episode 23.

In episode 21 Tusk and Momoka should have died, Momoka survived because a frying pan blocked the bullet, and Tusk ins't even explained how he survived, in the preview and Fukuda's Twitter they joke that he survived because he is a ninja, in episode 22 Ange is happy that Tusk survived and she sleep with him, and in episode 23 after Hilda confession Ange kiss her and say she wants her in the new world implying that Ange will have a relationship with both Tusk and Hilda, but I read in some places that ange don't blush or anything like that when she kiss Hilda but do so when she kiss Tusk, so I don't think she really loves Hilda, so if Ange really end with both of them it will probably be just for fan service and for those pathetic japanese otaku to self insert thenselves in Tusk place.

In the end after all I read the serie don't seen to be really that bad, the problem is that they put Ange as the main character, if it was Tusk it would just be other harem serie with yuri fan service, but because Ange is the main character the yuri fan service end up being even offensive as they make you expect it to have real yuri them Tusk appears and Ange fall in love with him, although at least the is a little of real yuri in Rosalie and Chris, so if you want to watch it for the yuri you will be extremely disappointed if not offended because of the lesbian rape and lots of yuri fan service with characters that maybe are not even real lesbians, except for the few moments with Rosalie and Chris, if you can tolerate those things them maybe you should try watching it as there is series that are worse, but as lot of people here don't turn off their yuri google I doubt a lot of you will watch it...

Now on 28 the last episode will be release, expect some spoilers soon.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Oh my god, that sounds horrible. Thanks for the warnings, guys.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Oh my god, that sounds horrible. Thanks for the warnings, guys.

Yeah, for a yuri fan Cross Ange is definitely horrible, but fortunately (or maybe unfortunately I'm still not sure) I'm able to turn my yuri googles off, so in five or ten years, maybe twenty, when I finally watch it maybe I will start another thread to say if it is worth to watch as a non yuri fan.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Okay today last episode of Cross Ange was released, there is almost nothing to read yet so I watched the raw, but don't looks like they said anything really important except for a scene in the end, so this is what I got from it.

We already start with drama showing Jill death (I never mentioned her before because I don't have any idea if she has any importance), the villain ties Ange naked because he's planning to rape her later (just another excuse to show Ange naked), he bitch slap her (one of the best moments of the anime), the other characters save her and she end up with her crotch on Tusk face again (while naked), Tusk hold's Ange and her nipples are shining, them he gives back her panties (she gave it to him in a previous episode, 22 maybe, didn't I mention that really important fact?) Tusk have a katana fight with the villain while the girls have a mecha battle because only a man can defeat the villain (althought I think the mecha they're fighting is part of the villain so only the girls can defeat it), after he's defeated all the girls land and start to talk with each other, the credits start but showing scenes of what they did after the fight and some flashbacks, apparently they changed the world and there is no more prejudice against girls who can't use mana, so no more pseudo lesbian island that have prison rape, shows a scene with them looking at the graves of the friends that died, them in a karaoke (because we all know that karaoke is one of the greatest things ever made in all realities, so of course they should go to one after saving the world), shows Rosalie and Chris together and happy (two of the few real lesbians in the anime), Ange and Tusk go shopping and for some reason Hilda go with them and don't like that ange gives more attention to him than her, and it ends with a scene showing the maid cafe that Ange and Tusk opened and that some of the girls will work for them, now the most important part, I will search for comments later to be sure, but from what I watched Ange don't end with both Tusk and Hilda, rejoice yuri fans, no bullshit harem ending, Hilda is single and ready to find some pussy for herself, hopefully pussies, she already had a threesome before, why stay with only one pussy.

Unlike other series, Ange don't need magic light from nowhere to hide her nipples, they have their own light, and in the background is Hilda, not happy at all with that scene.

Ange don't even pay attention to Hilda, no bullshit harem ending to pathetic japanese otakus to self insert themselves in Tusk place, for some reason part of me really expected that to happen, and that it would show them together, with Ange and Hilda pregnant, just thinking about it make me want to puke.

After saving the world and changing it, does Ange use her right as princess to become the new ruler? of course not, why would she become queen when she can open a simple maid cafe with Tusk in what seens to be the middle of nowhere, and look at Tusk, it's like Ange fucked the manliness out of him, definitely she's the man in that relationship.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Is Cross Ange worth watching for the actual lesbian couple?... Maybe any specific episodes?

I have no interest in all the mecha-ish stuff... nor the general plot.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Is Cross Ange worth watching for the actual lesbian couple?... Maybe any specific episodes?

I don't think so, from what I read it's few scenes showing something romantic between them, so I don't think it's worth downloading just for them if you're not going to watch everything, it don't seen to be really that bad.

But of course I didn't watch it yet, maybe you should ask in other place, I doubt anyone here watched it, and I will not watch it for some time since I will watch it alone and don't have anyone to talk about it, unless you can wait some months or years to know, than I will be able to give specific episodes...

Also, if I'm not wrong, mecha is more near the end, before they pilot some kind of jets, I think, don't remember much... It don't seen to have much battle from what I remember reading.

last edited at Mar 29, 2015 3:42PM

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

There are about three reasons I can think of why one would watch Cross Ange.
1. To laugh at how bad it actually is
2. For the seiyuus (this may or may not have been one of my reasons)
3. For this CG cutie here who obviously lost, but she had a nice run

Hilda is an independant woman who don't need no Ange

Sayako
joined Mar 1, 2013

i'm glad stopped watching at chapter 12, i saw this shit coming :/

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012
  1. To laugh at how bad it actually is
  2. For the seiyuus (this may or may not have been one of my reasons)
  3. For this CG cutie here who obviously lost, but she had a nice run

Hilda is an independant woman who don't need no Ange

1. Is it true that it's so bad that it's look more like a parody? at least is what I read in some places.
  2. Right! I knew there was another reason that made me consider watching it but I couldn't remeber, it was because Nana Mizuki is Ange and Yukari Tamura is Hilda.
  3. Isn't Hilda one of the best characters in the anime?

I still can't decide if I should watch it sooner or later, part of the reason being the excessive yuri fanservice, and part because I found a site that shows all anime, ova and movie released since 1990, I found other that shows since 1970, but before 1990 don't seen to have a lot of anime that is worth, just some classics like Gundam, Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball, I was planning to watching everything that is good starting by the older ones, except for the giant animes that the manga is the original story, but since all my friends are too busy having a life, I would have to do that alone, so I was not able to gather enough will power to do that...

i'm glad stopped watching at chapter 12, i saw this shit coming :/

When I learned about Tusk I already knew it would end in shit.

joined Jul 2, 2013

Forgot a conclusion for my previous post. Simply don't watch it unless you're bored out of your mind and have absolutely nothing else to do. There are plenty of better shows out there.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Forgot a conclusion for my previous post. Simply don't watch it unless you're bored out of your mind and have absolutely nothing else to do. There are plenty of better shows out there.

You just described my entire life....

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Speaking of better shows, Koufuku Graffiti is love.

1. For this CG cutie here who obviously lost, but she had a nice run

That's some quality CG.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Does it have much subtext?

joined Jul 2, 2013

Overflowin' with subtext.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Overflowin' with subtext.

Great, I will try to have a look at it later, shame no one is translating the manga.

To reply you must either login or sign up.