Forum › Cross Ange and Witch Craft Works

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

All I know is that Cross Ange had some lesbian rape, subtext and fan service, and Witch Craft Works that the mothers of the two main characters where a coulple in the past, but because they couldn't marry they broke up to have child with some man so their children could marry, because of that I didn't watch/read them yet.

Anyone wached/read them? are they good? part of me want to wach/read them but I still don't have will enough to do it, so I would be grateful if someone could give me their opinion about them, I don't mind spoilers.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I've haven't watched either of them but I've never heard anybody that likes yuri say anything good about Cross Ange.

You shouldn't watch Witch Craft Works for the yuri because it's more of a homosexuality-never-works-out kinda thing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I was going to watch cross ange but then someone showed a male main character out of nowhere, and guess what? he shows up in the isle full of women and they're all curious about him ...so the yuri is fanservice and again the main atraction is a harem I guess, that's my view, I didn't actually watch it but ...nope, I don't have any interest anymore

last edited at Feb 22, 2015 7:02PM

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I've haven't watched either of them but I've never heard anybody that likes yuri say anything good about Cross Ange.

You shouldn't watch Witch Craft Works for the yuri because it's more of a homosexuality-never-works-out kinda thing.

Cross Ange will end in march, so I doubt it will have any yuri, and if it will have yuri end it will probably feel really forced,
and Witch Craft Works I never really expected any yuri, unless they reveal that the mothers of the protagonists broke up fo another reason and the marriage was just an excuse to hide it and they end up together, but I doubt it.

I was going to watch cross ange but then someone showed a male main character out of nowhere, and guess what? he shows up in the isle full of women and they're all curious about him ...so the yuri is fanservice and again the main atraction is a harem I guess, that's my view, I didn't actually watch it but ...nope, I don't have any interest anymore.

What I know is that the only two relevant male in the series are villains, and the reason the girls where curious is because a lo of them grow up in that island and never had seen a man, the only harem would be for Ange, but it's only subtext for now.

I know that I shouldn't watch them for the yuri, especially Witch Craft Works, Cross Ange I hope it will end in yuri but it is unlikely, I think that the opinions of yurifans would be more usefull for me that's why I asked here on Dynasty, so if possible I hope more people say something, but something tells me that this topic will be ignored by most people and will not even have 10 posts, which is making me sad....

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

''Not as much as brutal but totally fucked up. Pathetic fanservice excuse to lure in watchers. I went and watched two first episodes and people, if you want yuri, don't touch this shit. Some anal cavity search and then prison rape. And the male lead should come in soon to save the poor princess from evil lesbians. Worst anime of this season. Unless you want to laugh at how horrible the writing is, watch it. I actually got a chuckle out of the pathetic cliches and situations.''

~ some anon on booru

Seriously, fuck that noise

last edited at Feb 24, 2015 4:56AM

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Some tidbids regarding the yuri in Cross Ange the latest episode does have two characters outright say they are in love two others (not to mention NanaxYukari) but I wouldn't say it's worth it to go through the show.

I personally don't find anything wrong with a male love interest, but when his face ends up on our MC's crotch every single episode where they have a scene together, it's a problem. There's also massive fanservice and the animation quality gets worse by the episode.

Your call on whether you think the positive outweights the negative or if you find all that positive too, that's cool too. I won't judge.

As for Witch Craft Works, it's a fun little series with better animation and definitely not as cringe worthy as Cross Ange. I enjoyed the show, but I was definitely disappointed when I found out the MC was originally meant to be a female. Would definitely have been more interesting considering their mothers' intentions. Highly doubt it would have been popular enough to warrant an anime though if that was the case.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

I was going to watch cross ange but then someone showed a male main character out of nowhere, and guess what? he shows up in the isle full of women and they're all curious about him ...so the yuri is fanservice and again the main atraction is a harem I guess, that's my view, I didn't actually watch it but ...nope, I don't have any interest anymore

I watched Cross Ange up to ep 10 or something like that, then I raged quit and never tried again.
The guy who shows up out of nowhere drags the entire anime into a pathetic damsel in distress trop each time he appears. He also always ends up with his face on her crotch; this being a forced joke used all over the anime. At the beginning you've got hope, then the whole thing just turns as a massive yuri killer.

Happy to know it will end soon. Good riddance.

last edited at Feb 22, 2015 7:43PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

As for Witch Craft Works, it's a fun little series with better animation and definitely not as cringe worthy as Cross Ange. I enjoyed the show, but I was definitely disappointed when I found out the MC was originally meant to be a female. Would definitely have been more interesting considering their mothers' intentions. Highly doubt it would have been popular enough to warrant an anime though if that was the case.

Actually, it was supposed to be a guy, then the writer changed his mind, then the writer changed his mind again.

joined Jul 2, 2013

Actually, it was supposed to be a guy, then the writer changed his mind, then the writer changed his mind again.

My disappointment remains the same :P

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I watched Cross Ange up to ep 10 or something like that, then I raged quit and never tried again.
The guy who shows up out of nowhere drags the entire anime into a pathetic damsel in distress trop each time he appears. He also always ends up with his face on her crotch; this being a forced joke used all over the anime. At the beginning you've got hope, then the whole thing just turns as a massive yuri killer.

Happy to know it will end soon. Good riddance.

I read some spoilers, the guy is named Tusk and according to TV Troopes he's an inconsistent character: one minute, he's pretty skilled and the next minute, he's either diving on Ange crotch or Ange's diving on him mainly thanks to his clumsiness, in ep 14 Ange and Tusk kiss and apparently almost had sex but were interrupted, as the series have already two mangas and a game for PS Vita, something tells me that it will end in a cliffhanger and eventually have a second season, well as long Ange don't end with Tusk eventually I will watch it.

Edit: But how many years it will take for me to watch it is another question...

last edited at Feb 22, 2015 8:47PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well, if you really really want to watch it despite the warnings we can't do nothing to stop you, but gurl/boy YOU HAS BEEN WARNED! XD because (and based on what people just told you) is not worth your time... Witch craft work, that's another case, I want to watch it too in fact.

last edited at Feb 22, 2015 8:50PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

My disappointment remains the same :P

Oh yeah, I feel the same way.

as long Ange don't end with Tusk eventually I will watch it.

She most certainly is going to end up with Tusk.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Not if one of them is going to die, which is pretty likely.

Everybody knew Cross Ange was going to have a hetero main couple after the opening aired. The yuri side couples are fine, they have legit on screen sex.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Well, if you really really want to watch it despite the warnings we can't do nothing to stop you, but gurl/boy YOU HAS BEEN WARNED! XD because (and based on what people just told you) is not worth your time... Witch craft work, that's another case, I want to watch it too in fact.

It's not that I really really want to watch, there is a lot of animes for me to watch, I wanted opinions to see if it was worth watching it now, but taking in account what people said and the spoilers that I didn't knew, it will probably take a long time for me to watch it, I also have things to read and play, it may even have already ended the second season when I watch it, if it have a second season.

Not if one of them is going to die, which is pretty likely.

Everybody knew Cross Ange was going to have a hetero main couple after the opening aired. The yuri side couples are fine, they have legit on screen sex.

I really hope that she don't end up with him, if one of them dies it will probably be him, them it will be worth watching it, it have lesbian side couples? but real couples not just subtext?

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

So no one has anything to say about Witch Craft Works?

Well, thanks for those who give their opinion, in two years when I finally watch Cross Ange maybe I post if it was worth.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I really hope that she don't end up with him, if one of them dies it will probably be him, them it will be worth watching it, it have lesbian side couples? but real couples not just subtext?

They have on screen sex. I doubt you can call that subtext anymore ;)

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

By the way, is there a link between Cross Ange and Jinketsu no Maria? For some reason I have the same feeling of "despair" as far as those two main female characters are concerned.
Seems that this season, when the hero is female and that she shares the screen with other important male characters, she always ends up being a kind of idiot.
Only "Shirobako" is different (Thank God), but no yuri inside.

joined Jul 2, 2013

No, there's no link between the two. I like Junketsu no Maria though, since I like both the characters and the setting in the show. Not to mention Maria doesn't automatically become an idiot around Joseph. She's undoubtedly in love with him and that flusters her, but it's everyone making a joke out of her virginity that makes her seem like an idiot.

For Shirobako, Aoi x Yano is my headcanon.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

No, there's no link between the two. I like Junketsu no Maria though, since I like both the characters and the setting in the show. Not to mention Maria doesn't automatically become an idiot around Joseph. She's undoubtedly in love with him and that flusters her, but it's everyone making a joke out of her virginity that makes her seem like an idiot.

I know the manga of Junketsu no Maria is licensed, so I will probably not be able to read it, the anime is good? or it is other of these lazy adaptations where they cut a lot of the story and ad a lot of unecessary fan service?

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

MC in Witch Craft Works is such a girl anyway ^_^
I think he's only male to make "white stuff" jokes

joined Jul 2, 2013

There's plenty of ways to sail the seas. Yarr harr.

I don't read the manga so I can't give a comparison, but I'm enjoying the show so far. The humor is a little more adult and the characters aren't dumb bricks or harem protagonist tier dense. As for fanservice. Maria sleeps naked, so there's that.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

making fun of virgin not sure that will sit well with otakus..

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

LOL

Oh yes! Me too ~

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 3:31PM

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

LOL

Oh yes! Me too ~

Is Shirobako good? does anything happen or it's just subtext like Love Live? and talking about subtext, Renai Lab is also only subtext right?

joined Jul 2, 2013

Love Lab is all subtext, but also keep in mind that these girls are working towards finding a boyfriend which eventually shows up. Yuri goggles still OP though.

Shirobako is a slice of adult work life. The show takes you through the process of making an anime and all the trouble that comes with it. Definitely a very interesting and fun show. There is little to no romance involved.

To reply you must either login or sign up.