Forum › Sympathy for the Devil discussion

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

...is this out of order, or just... really hard to follow?

Edit: It made more sense as it went, but that's still a really disorienting shift without much to establish where and when we are. Also, it didn't really resolve anything, which was weird.

last edited at Apr 11, 2018 6:28PM

__tachibana_hibiki_senki_zesshou_symphogear_drawn_by_namayon
joined Jul 14, 2017

...is this out of order, or just... really hard to follow?

Edit: It made more sense as it went, but that's still a really disorienting shift without much to establish where and when we are. Also, it didn't really resolve anything, which was weird.

The author mentions it in the afterword on Pg.48. But he actually had a lot more planned for this story, but eventually trimmed it down. Not to mention his time constraints while working on this.

Based on his afterword, it also seems to be based on his trips to various hot springs around Japan too. Which I must say, are painstakingly recreated in these works.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

IINM, the whole point of Vita and RH's scheme is to give Nanoha the push she needed to drink sake and start unloading all of her accumulating stress, which apparently includes irritation at well-meaning people insisting on being so respectful towards her just because of her combat prowess that they make her feel a lot older than she actually is (remember, she's just about 19 in the time frame of StrikeS, during which the author says this story takes place).

last edited at Apr 11, 2018 8:12PM

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

This story wasn't coherent or engaging at all.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

boyfriend

Stop saying it, that's the bad word number 14.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I feel like this turned into an advert for Mercedes towards the end

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

boyfriend

Yeah, that's another thing: Was the word actually "boyfriend" in Japanese (kareshi), or is this a mistranslation of koibito (lit. "lover")?

__tachibana_hibiki_senki_zesshou_symphogear_drawn_by_namayon
joined Jul 14, 2017

boyfriend

Yeah, that's another thing: Was the word actually "boyfriend" in Japanese (kareshi), or is this a mistranslation of koibito (lit. "lover")?

Pg.42 correct? If so, yes that is correct. カレシ is used by Nanoha in this instance. Pg.44 also has Vita say 彼氏 as well.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Yeah this one was pretty boring and didn't go very far considering its length.

I noticed that "Opel convertible" comment... Vita, Signum and Zafira are all named after cars made by the brand Opel. Nanoha has a lot of characters named after cars and manufacturers, like Testarossa, Subaru, Veyron, etc.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

That was confusing

joined Mar 29, 2022

maybe it's hard for your western people to grab,but this feelings in Oriental style of sympathy:care but not with any words.

last edited at Mar 31, 2022 3:14AM

joined Mar 29, 2022

and i really like the way nanoha singing her ed from the very first episode.

joined Feb 1, 2021

please allow me to introduce myself

i'm a man of wealth and taste

To reply you must either login or sign up.