Forum › FAQ, Help, & Suggestions

joined Apr 10, 2021

Not sure this is the best place for this but- did the site recently change how lists work? They used to be one long list and now mine seem to be split into pages- which is useless if i want to Ctrl-F search through my list looking for tags or names etc.

If this IS a change, is there any way to make them go back to a single long list? The lists lost 90% of their usefulness like this for me- i see no easy way to search a list now?

Same. It's a huge pain to click through 14 pages of pairings to get to the page you want.

Young Blasarius
F1f9580760e2f010c7d05e82a45c2fa9fa60836f7c2cbd4dff4ad54834c9eeab-min
joined Aug 26, 2020

Not sure this is the best place for this but- did the site recently change how lists work? They used to be one long list and now mine seem to be split into pages- which is useless if i want to Ctrl-F search through my list looking for tags or names etc.

If this IS a change, is there any way to make them go back to a single long list? The lists lost 90% of their usefulness like this for me- i see no easy way to search a list now?

Same. It's a huge pain to click through 14 pages of pairings to get to the page you want.

Completely agree.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Nope, for me the 'Please bully me etc.' is in subscribed, and I haven't got notifications for the latest 2 chapters. This time, it's not in the spam either.

Same here. Came here to report that I'm no longer getting email updates for multiple/all series I'm subscribed to, and it looks like I'm not the only one.

Edit for more info, just in case it helps: I use google chrome, gmail, and it's been around three days since I'm been getting emails from dynastyscans.

last edited at Mar 9, 2022 6:14PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

elevown posted:

It could be reverted but the chances of that happening are quite low since it happened for performance reasons. I believe alternate solutions are being considered, however.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

FoxPaw posted:

Same here. Came here to report that I'm no longer getting email updates for multiple/all series I'm subscribed to, and it looks like I'm not the only one.

Edit for more info, just in case it helps: I use google chrome, gmail, and it's been around three days since I'm been getting emails from dynastyscans.

Thank you.

The subscription system still appears to be working uninterrupted, but tracking down what exactly happens after the e-mails are sent is very difficult. There may be platform-specific problems we need to work around, but these are obscured by a lack of information. Anyone having these issues, please follow up with any further information you may have. Thanks.

joined Jun 5, 2018

FoxPaw posted:

Thank you.

The subscription system still appears to be working uninterrupted, but tracking down what exactly happens after the e-mails are sent is very difficult. There may be platform-specific problems we need to work around, but these are obscured by a lack of information. Anyone having these issues, please follow up with any further information you may have. Thanks.

Firefox/edge, gmail.

Dragontempinvert
joined Jul 20, 2015

FoxPaw posted:

Thank you.

I haven't been recieving e-mails either. I was recieving them fine but they just stopped after 1st March. been noting a lot of chapters for things I follow int he recent uploads with no notification, since I sub to a lot of stuff I'm a little worried about losing track.

Nothing seems to be hitting my spam inbox and it's not going to my old address either.

Edit: I tried turning off notifications, saving, then enabling it again and saving. Maybe that might fix it?

last edited at Mar 10, 2022 4:28PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

elevown posted:

It could be reverted but the chances of that happening are quite low since it happened for performance reasons. I believe alternate solutions are being considered, however.

If its neccissary for performance reasons then I guess it cant be helped- but as I said, it does make lists hugely less useful since i cant easily search them- nobody wants to search through 14 different pages.

It would be great if there are alternative solutions. Or for example could you let people set in their profile how many stories to list per page, up to some limit you set - say 200, 100, or whatever? It would at least bring down the amount of pages to search through- and presumably lessen the burden on the system still, if not as much- and most people would probably leave it on default.

Or another solution would be some in built way to search within a list over all its pages that didnt need us to ctrl-F.

last edited at Mar 10, 2022 10:03PM

20200410_022403
joined Jun 7, 2021

Is there a way to just fit the width of an page instead the width and hight? Because I hate that I have to zoom out every time the page is zoomed in. I use tablet and phone.

last edited at Mar 11, 2022 4:49PM

Dragontempinvert
joined Jul 20, 2015

FoxPaw posted:

Thank you.

I haven't been recieving e-mails either. I was recieving them fine but they just stopped after 1st March. been noting a lot of chapters for things I follow int he recent uploads with no notification, since I sub to a lot of stuff I'm a little worried about losing track.

Nothing seems to be hitting my spam inbox and it's not going to my old address either.

Edit: I tried turning off notifications, saving, then enabling it again and saving. Maybe that might fix it?

Whelp, turning it off and on again didn't work, I'm still not getting notification emails and having to keep an eye on the front page for updates.

EDIT: I use gmail, just for the record

last edited at Mar 12, 2022 11:03AM

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

@OrangePekoe I've compiled a list of notifications that I have and haven't received over the past week. In the list below, "Missing" means I would have expected to received a notification email since these chapters were automatically added to my "To Read" list. "Received" means I got the notification email. So as not to take up too much space here, I put the list here's a link to the list.

I signed up with a gmail account, and nothing from dynasty ends up in the Spam folder.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I feel this tag should be renamed to just "Viper" or to "Viper (series)"
https://dynasty-scans.com/doujins/viper_rsr/images

Because Carrera and Mercedes are from Viper GTS

Edit: Alternatively you could make a separate tag for GTS, but they're part of the same series so I think a shared tag makes more sense.

last edited at Mar 13, 2022 1:10PM

joined Aug 14, 2017

Just here to echo the notification issues. I've been getting notified about maybe a third of the chapters I should have been.

Also using Gmail, and they're not in spam (or other folders).

last edited at Mar 13, 2022 10:41PM

joined Jun 5, 2018

Id be more interested if the people NOT using gmail have had any issues. Otherwise its pretty safe to say, whats been the troublemaker.

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

I don't use Gmail and haven't received a new notification since Kami eshi JK to OL fujoshi ch24 on 3/3. I don't think any of my subscribed series have updated since then, but I'm tag-subscribed to Incest and don't have Het blacklisted, so would have expected an email for the strangely controversial I Favor The Villainess Ch18 uploaded 3/7.

joined Dec 25, 2013

I've been receiving a very inconsistent amount of email notifications for the latest chapters like with some of the comments above. I'm subscribed to most of the authors/series posted in the last few weeks and only receiving 1 or 2 notifications every few days.

An example of inconsistency was receiving the notification of Miss sunflower 51 but not 52.

Also using Gmail with a filter for dynasty emails only

last edited at Mar 14, 2022 9:23PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks so much for all of the reports re: subscriptions not working. More are always welcome, too. Will post an update when I have anything substantive to offer. Sorry for the trouble!

joined Dec 20, 2020

Think I'll chime in here too. Haven't received any notifications for works I've subscribed to since March 1st. Also using Gmail. Should mention I have no tags subscribed.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Well, another data point then:
I use a non-gmail account and I have been getting notifications consistently for the stories I subscribe to.
Also, I have gmail POP download them from that account, so I pick them up in gmail.

joined Dec 20, 2020

Update: just got my first email notification since the 1st. So if y'all tried something, it worked on my end. Hopefully it's resolved for everyone ^^

joined Jun 5, 2018

Update: just got my first email notification since the 1st. So if y'all tried something, it worked on my end. Hopefully it's resolved for everyone ^^

Agreed.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Agreed.

Same here!
Edit: But only on some series?

last edited at Mar 17, 2022 2:35AM

8df30faf9de0511ace2b40acb3d005267d346bcc_full
joined Sep 1, 2021

Question: Are emoji not allowed in posts? When I tried to post a message using them, the system cut off the rest of my post after the first emoji.

Oddly, when I hit the back button to get back to the edit window and tried to preview my post instead of submitting it, it told me it detected my post as spam (which may have been because it was identical to the previous post - but that's a strange thing to tell me at the preview window). At any rate, the emoticons showed up just fine in the preview window, so it's weird how they caused a problem in the actual post.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

eromancer posted:

Question: Are emoji not allowed in posts? When I tried to post a message using them, the system cut off the rest of my post after the first emoji.

Hi. Unfortunately, emoji are not supported. The preview issue you mention is a bit hard to explain, but it's not a sign of abnormality. In lieu of emoji, plaintext and embedded images are totally fine. Sorry for the inconvenience.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Kinda late to ask this, but am I allowed to submit my own art through the upload request page? I already submitted two pieces I think. lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.