Forum › Works removed discussion

joined Sep 6, 2018

This tag applies to “Licensed” manga or pissed off translators taking their translations elsewhere?

How can we view these works if they’ve been removed?

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

This tag applies to “Licensed” manga or pissed off translators taking their translations elsewhere?

How can we view these works if they’ve been removed?

Not really sure what the point of the tag is. I have many things downloaded on my tablet from here that have since been removed. Some of them the page is just gone entirely because the scanlator requested their stuff be removed, and then a couple things have been licensed but the page is still there for them with just the chapters removed, but they don't have this tag.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Works Removed is for artists who have had some of their works removed. This can be everything from DMCA to "pissed off translators" to artist requests. We are unable to remove oneshots from the site without physically removing the pages associated with them, leading to awkward gaps where content used to be. Ideally this tag is meant to highlight those gaps in the database, and should have some explanation for its use on the appropriate artist page.

There is another newer tag, Status: Removed, meant for series' and anthologies. This one is meant to more consistently express some of the ideas above, though I imagine it will mostly be used in conjunction with the Licensed tag.

Neither of these tags is seeing much use yet, but when time and more comprehensive site updates allow, I expect they'll be quite useful for completionists like me.

As for finding removed content, I must stress one point. Not all content removed from the reader will ever be available anywhere else. If it was never re-hosted anywhere else (uncommon, but not impossible), it may simply be gone forever. Otherwise just use search engines or other online readers, you'll probably find whatever you're looking for.

last edited at Feb 2, 2022 5:02PM

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

literally 1984

joined Aug 29, 2019

literally 1984

Come on, removing content you have no right to because the creator/owner asked you is now 1984?

NotYourDoorknob
Onehundredthousandyears
joined Mar 27, 2021

Is there a list of removed artist names? I don't seem to be able to find one if there is.

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Is there a list of removed artist names? I don't seem to be able to find one if there is.

You can type up 'works removed' in the search bar

To reply you must either login or sign up.