Forum › Urara Meirochou discussion

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

I don't know why people think that it was axed, the series just ended.

That's mostly because of lines like Koume crying after failing rank 3 exam and other stuff, it felt like there were stories the author wanted to tell but didn't get the chance. Also the fact the sales of the anime were really bad made people think the manga was cut short because it wasn't liked, which is wrong of course, there are a lot of manga fans still active online on multiple sites, regardless of the anime popularity.

Honestly I found the ending a bit disappointing. Not a big fan of them becoming rank 1 after learning the truth. Would've preferred them just telling the god to fuck off and figuring out their own way to lift the curse

The author notes at the end say that the god isn't a villain.

The point is that Chiya and Kon accomplished what their parents couldn't. First of all Tokie couldn't express her feelings for Yami, so she couldn't become Rank 1 and that's when Kurou entered and the story started, Kon is different to her mom and that's why she can stand beside Chiya now.

Then Yami gave up herself to fate, she explains it herself, Chiya is different to her because she can decide her own future, it isn't set in stone and anything can happen, not even the god knows, that's why they are Rank 1, to prove a point: they can be Rank 1 without giving themselves to the town.

That was the climax of volume 5:

That and Chiya's name, were foreshadowing to what was gonna be reiterated again in these last chapters:

That's what Chiya and Kon did to change fate and stay together.

joined Jan 6, 2017

The author notes at the end say that the god isn't a villain.

Doesn't have to be a villain for me to think it'd be better if they were "taken down" though.
Personally I think a "who even needs alchemy divination" ending would've been more fun

That's what Chiya and Kon did to change fate and stay together.

And I just think a more interesting way for them to change their fate would've been to have them go against the god and to say "I don't want that so I'm not going to do it" and go beyond what even the god sees as possible.
I don't know, I've been watching too much Symphogear

Though these thoughts are all just post series sadness more than anything else. I've been with this series it for over 5 years now so I've of course accumulated a lot of thoughts. So the ending being quite basic is just a bit "ehh. I think it could've been different.

Chillface2
joined Oct 23, 2021

Obviously this was the final chapter, but why do other sites list the total chapters as 69 and here the final chapter is 62? Idk if its some weird result of 62 chapters + 7 volumes = 69 chapters? Or maybe 69 is counting any bonus material as individual chapters?

PredatorDuck Uploader
Rin
joined Jun 27, 2018

Though these thoughts are all just post series sadness more than anything else. I've been with this series it for over 5 years now so I've of course accumulated a lot of thoughts. So the ending being quite basic is just a bit "ehh. I think it could've been different.

I feel like if it went on for too long it would've gotten stale. Having a story-driven slice of life series is really hard when there's no developments happening (Looking at you, New Game).
While I also would like to have a bit more, I prefer a shorter, dense story over one that gets boring when it goes on for too long.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

After five year we finally heres, so many things happend in this middle of time, lol

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I still feels like there were many stories yet to be told here, but I am happy to finally see the ending properly.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@ DY4Y You saw how long that took tho- all the way to rank 1 taking like 30 or so chapters per rank? No way it had the legs to run that long- it would have been 70% filler.

I agree it seemed a bit rushed towards the end- but I think it was more like.. bad pacing? Like the mangka realised they were 60 chapters in and they are still rank 8 and sales are tailing off- they are gonna realise no way they are gona finish it at that rate- and perhaps overcompensated. But I dont think it could have ever gone on at the rate it started all the way to rank 1.

I think it was fine to sumarise the later ranks tbh and the crux of the story was finding her mother and the mytery of the town.

Serialisations like this rarely seem to be planned out to have a specific length and pacing for the plot.

last edited at Jan 23, 2022 7:17PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

So, Captain Saku and Nina are living together...

To reply you must either login or sign up.