Forum › Dynasty Games!

Casusby Admin
__mioda_ibuki_danganronpa_and_super_danganronpa_2_drawn_by_qosic__sample
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

So we as a group, play a lot of games. In fact, a bunch of us stream games and we even have a minecraft server!

We just recently wiped our server, and it's always nice to have more people on the server. So if any people here want to join in on the minecraft, let me know here. We use a custom modded server based loosely on Feed the Beast, but I've made our own mod pack that's updated to 1.5.2. You must have a legitimate minecraft account to play.

Our mod pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/awx0ejkse83ay4x/dynasty-pack.zip (YOU HAVE TO MANUAL INSTALL SOME THINGS, SO IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT, YOU SHOULD ASK)

The server is: 172.245.4.163:26017 and it is whitelisted so you need to send me your account name before you can get in.

Also I'm going to streaming most of my minecraft time from now on, you can watch here: http://www.twitch.tv/casusby

Michan also streams: http://www.twitch.tv/duppie4000

and so does MrEngenious: http://www.twitch.tv/mrengenious

and DrPepperfan http://www.twitch.tv/drpepperfantouhou
has completed a 1cc of touhou 14 on air~

also I guess general gaming topic?

MrE Edit:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19908136/OptiFine_1.5.2_HD_D2.zip
Those who don't know, optifine will make minecraft run more efficiently, providing playable frame rates on many more setups than default minecraft. There's also an ultra version out there if you have a better computer available to make things run more prettily along with the efficiency boost.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19908136/Click%20Mining%20Fix%20Fix%20Forge%207.8.0.686.zip
Click mining fix fix is a small change to a single file that allows one to mine faster by ignoring a built-in tick delay introduced around version 1.3. Iron+ tools benefit the most from this speed boost, but keep in mind that once you get stronger tools that it becomes a LOT easier to destroy blocks you don't want to destroy. It does not make the actual mining faster, it just changes the delay in between mining of blocks. This one is a 0-tick delay version for forge, the others are available here

last edited at Aug 21, 2013 6:35PM

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

Is minecraft fun? My gaming is done almost exclusively on the gameboy/DS systems, so I've never really even looked at it. One of my friends is creating an accurate depiction of an Aztec city with minecraft so he really likes it, but my other friends say they got bored with it quickly...

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

If you don't set goals for yourself, then the game is incredibly boring since the entire game revolves around interacting with others and just building things you want/need to build. The game doesn't tell you anything when you start up and there's hardly much danger past the first few nights after you get an enclosed area, lighting, a weapon, and a bed.
There are MANY videos out there that show what happens when you play Minecraft or its many mods.
Or check out our streams if we happen to be streaming.

joined Apr 18, 2013

Sounds fun, gonna get this set up. Hopefully I'll do it right and see yall soon.

I guess it would be a good enough reason for me to actually try Minecraft instead of just watching videos of it.

Also since this is general, anybody play Dark Souls?

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

Ahh. So there aren't any goals really? Except don't die a horrible death by creeper and/or spider? (I know that part cuz people bitch about it) I find it difficult to keep myself motivated playing games like that. I kinda need something to work towards. Like in pokemon, you defeat the 8 gym leaders, the elite four, the antagonist team, maybe do some sidequests, but when it comes to completing the pokedex... NOPE. That's even a goal, but I don't want to spend that much effort trying to get a mew and then realizing I just wasted 500 hours of my life for a video game.

But I'll watch your streams at some point cuz it sounds cool and I'm curious about what you guys build.

Casusby Admin
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

I guess it would be a good enough reason for me to actually try Minecraft instead of just watching videos of it.

Also since this is general, anybody play Dark Souls?

Yes, I also stream Dark Souls, as others may attest to.

WeatheredPeach Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jan 10, 2013

also I guess general gaming topic?

Woho! I love general stuff! :D

It's great fun to watch Casusby die.

Awesome. Would ask for duels or something but corrupted my save data recently and haven't had the motivation to start a new build. So much sad times.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

If anyone is interested, I'm streaming Fatal Frame III right now. Check the OP for a stream link.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Back in 2012 I was really hyped for "The last of us" from Naughty Dog that was supposed to be released in May.

Few days ago I check game sites, and it got delayed to June :< .

joined Apr 18, 2013

Whats the server info for Minecraft?

Casusby Admin
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

172.245.4.163:26017

You'll have to send me your minecraft account name since it is a whitelisted server.

joined Apr 18, 2013

its the same as my forum name :) thanks

joined Apr 18, 2013

Im having a real hard time with the mods, would putting one of yalls mincraft.jar on dropbox and replacing mine with that just give me the game already pre loaded with the mods correctly installed? That would make it easier.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

My .jar with forge, Optifine, and click mining fix hopefully installed
You'll still need to put the mods and coremods in their appropriate places! Having just the .jar won't work at all.

I'll just re-iterate the steps necessary for future reference:
0. Locate where your current installation of minecraft is putting its settings and mods and the like. If it's vanilla and you never used a third party program or whatever do any installing for you (like MultiMC), then it'll be in ...\AppData\Roaming.minecraft\
1. Open or extract the .jar file with an archive program like winrar or 7zip.
2. Throw in the files from the forge archive into the now opened/extracted .jar and accept the replacement of any files.
*3. Do the same for Optfine now (optional since you don't NEED optifine)
*4. Now do the same for the click mining fix archive (optional since you don't NEED this "fix". Also if you choose to apply the fix for newer versions using the thread, the archive will contain 3 variations and so you'll have to dive deeper into the archive to obtain the proper file for replacement rather than blind copy and paste).
5. Put the contents of the folder "coremods" from Cas' archive into the "coremods" folder of the minecraft folder (do NOT put these in the .jar or add another folder level named "coremods" into "coremods"). You should now have five .jars in the "coremods" folder of ...\minecraft\coremods\
6. Put the contents of the folder "mods" from Cas' archive into the "mods" folder. Again, do not add another folder level in there unnecessarily. You should now have a crapload of .zips and .jars (41 to be exact) in ...\minecraft\mods\

Variation in install paths come from different OSes and use of third party stuff. If confusion is still present I'll add pictures or videos to help.

last edited at May 21, 2013 2:41AM

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Seems like there's probably a need for a picture tutorial anyway.

1) Make absolutely sure you're on vanilla (no mods or tinkering attempts on any of the files). If you're not sure, force update your minecraft by hitting "Options" on the window BEFORE you log in to minecraft when you start it up.

2) Now close your minecraft after it finishes updating (or if you're sure it was vanilla). Go to C:\Users\ACCOUNTNAMEHERE\AppData\Roaming.minecraft\bin
I am NOT going to bother looking up where it'd be on Windows XP. Change the locations in the instructions as necessary.
You should see minecraft.jar in this location.

3) Open the .jar by using a program like winrar or 7zip.
I'm using 7zip on windows 8 so it'll look like this.

4) Extract the contents of the dynasty mod pack wherever. The contents are only this. Preferably keep this open in a separate window for easier access.

5) If using the 7zip/winrar/other archive program method, just have the "minecraft.jar" open in one window and the "minecraftforge-universal-1.5.2-7.8.0.703" archive open in another. Dump the contents of the minecraftforge archive into minecraft.jar. If it asks if you're sure about overwriting anything, accept.

6) Go to the dynasty archive and enter the "coremods" folder. It'll have this. Copy these files.

7) Go to C:\Users\ACCOUNTNAMEHERE\AppData\Roaming.minecraft\ and make a new folder here named "coremods" and "mods"
Paste what you have copied into the newly created "coremods" folder.

8) Go back to the dynasty archive and copy the contents of the "mods" folder. Paste it in the "mods" folder that you made in minecraft's folder.

9) Start up minecraft normally and wait a long while for it to finish loading all the bloated mods we've got installed now. It takes me nearly 2-3 full minutes to get it loaded. Your minecraft log box will spam a lot of messages. Unless it stops with a big stonking error message and minecraft stops loading/crashes, ignore its contents while it loads.
Connect and hope you didn't mess up.

If you want optifine and/or click mining, then you insert them into the .jar like you did with forge, but they get installed AFTER you put in forge's files.

Casusby Admin
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

ComputerCraft 1.5.3 has been added to the pack. Simply drop it into the "mods" folder in addition to the main pack.

http://www.computercraft.info/2013/05/23/computercraft-1-53/

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i was interested in minecraft and terraria, but i fear about my social life, when there isn't a definite goal, there's no end to a daily-game,
i'm in dofus and atlantica, 2 very good tactical games, i do some raids, dungeon or pvp with the guild, and disconnect when i'm alone,
and then i continue to play off-line (to bioshock inf these days, i have found songs of soft cell, cindy lauper and rem in game and i 'm exploring to find more)

post edit: am i OT if i say that yesterday was released the last touhou fighting game, and, above all, a demo of touhou 14 ?

last edited at May 27, 2013 3:02PM

joined May 1, 2013

Lately I'm playing only mechwarrior online and Touhou (the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil)...

First time I watched on youtube what Touhou is, I thought it is just crazy hard to play it... It really is hard (first games are rage inducting..) but playing 30 minutes every day is enough to slowly improve and after a month, the first time I could finish it at normal difficult without continue, was really rewarding! It will still take lot of months to win in the extra stage against Flandre... crazy hard... Won't try any other Touhou games until I can finish EOSD, if I master one, I can master them all!

Casusby Admin
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Mods on the server have been updated

Delete your old CONFIG, MOD and COREMOD FOLDERS and unzip the folders from the pack zip linked in the op

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm lame and play runescape. I'm very goal-oriented, so games that take an extremely long time to gain pointless levels are my favorite.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I got the first two Mass Effect games on sale this month, so now I'm living the legend of FemShep: Space Lesbian!

Casusby Admin
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Mod pack has been updated once again. This time you will need to rebuild your jars as a new version of Forge is needed.

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

Hello everybody,

first post here, to those who don't know me I was until now only on dynasty's IRC channel.

As you may or may not already know from said channel, Cas will update the modpack again, soon which will wipe the current world. Since I (and at least two others, afaik) want to continue the world a bit longer, I rented my own server and am atm installing a world copy on it. I will keep the whitelist and oplist, so basically you can switch as you like.

I myself will probably also join Cas' new server, of course, everybody's welcome to do the same.

The server IP is minehost41.host-unlimited.de:25690

I will also soon add a link to a copy of the modpack so it is still archived somewhere once Cas changes his repository.

Edit: I put the modpack together with the server credentials (and installation instructions) on my site: http://gero-herkenrath.de/minecraft.html
Yeah, yeah... feel free to stalk me...

last edited at Aug 6, 2013 6:28AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.