ForumNews Isya (434notfound) to officially provide English translations with Yuri-ism's help

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

http://yuri-ism.com/2014/12/31/release-333-a-yurism-new-year/

I've always been a supporter of supporting the artists. Let's hope a buncha you guys are too.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

I've known this has been in the works for some time now, but it's still great news! ヽ(゚∀゚)ノ

It would be really great if we could extend this to other artists as well. I would love to see people supporting the awesome doujin artists that bring you so much great yuri.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That's some pretty big news right there.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

wow thats fucking awesome! i just recently got a job too, so i'll be sure to buy them :D

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

...Huh. Not entirely unheard of, but a bit odd that Isya is working with a scanlation group

I don't actually like Isya's stuff, so this doesn't mean much to me, though

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That is certainly interesting. I hope it won't be difficult to get her works here in Mexico

Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

That is certainly interesting. I hope it won't be difficult to get her works here in Mexico

Same here, I hope she sells digital copy of her works, I'm from Brazil, so it would be a little complicated to buy physical copies....

Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Same here, I hope she sells digital copy of her works, I'm from Brazil, so it would be a little complicated to buy physical copies....

I asked on Yuri-ism and they said her works will be on digital stores, I had forgotten that I ask direct for them...

I hope they will not be too expensive, I remember seen a physical copy of a Madoka doujin that was sold for 30$, but depending on the value of the dollar here on Brazil, the price will at least double, not counting the shipping expense, and not to mention that the postal service somenthing loses one package or another, because of that it's not worth for me to buy physical copies of manga/doujin depending on the price...

I know that if I ever want to buy a physical copy of a manga I can easily buy it on Amazon as they deliver here in Brazil, but I don't know any places to buy them digital, so could anyone indicate some good sites to buy digital manga/doujin?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So, what has this author drawn, and is going to draw?
Don't look at me like that, never read any.

And I just keep getting annoyed by that 434 everytime I see it, since I only know about an HTTP 404 - Not Found.

http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/isya

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Really interesting. If she wants to reach the "foreigners" that we are, then she's on the right track!
One question though, is Yuri-ism offering help for free?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

i much prefer manga in digital format, so here's hopin'.

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

Oh my god. Isya said she was going to release an Akuma no Riddle...so that means I can buy....* Prosessing Mode *...... HAPPY NEW YEAR TO MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Really interesting. If she wants to reach the "foreigners" that we are, then she's on the right track!
One question though, is Yuri-ism offering help for free?

Probably for free.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

And I just keep getting annoyed by that 434 everytime I see it, since I only know about an HTTP 404 - Not Found.

You know, I have to agree with you here. I'm utterly lost.

I think Isya actually answered what the 434 meant on her ask.fm or something at one point. :o Anyway, this is great news!

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

And I'm now curious about why bother to find a scanlation group rather than learning English on her own.

...rofl. Are you serious? One of these two things is MUCH easier than the other.

Isya actually speaks decent English, but certainly not well enough to translate her doujinshi appropriately (if you're not a native speaker or haven't lived in a western country for years, it's highly unlikely your English is going to sound right). Not to mention figuring out a way to digitally distribute it to the west.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

But you can learn a whole language in 4 months with 30 minutes a day using Pimsleur!!

Honestly, regardless of how much I want to contribute, buying mangas with shipping costs almost equalling the book costs puts a damper on things. Not to mention certain doujins can be much more expensive and harder to find. This is giving me hope that eventually, we'll see more authors reaching out to their international audience.

I've always wondered. Why does Yuri-ism have a 7 days delay for their releases on Dynasty?

16af2e72dfa0398ce30acc03ffce8b4d
Yuri-ism
joined Mar 22, 2013

Owner/operator of yuri-ism scans here. I wasn't expecting a sticky, but I'll answer a few questions.

1: Yes, Isya speaks ok English, enough to talk and understand, but not enough to translate herself. You can check out her English ama she did awhile back. http://ask.fm/isya_434notfound

1. Yes her works will be provided as digital releases that you can download.

2. We will not be providing books for any of her precure doujins. We will on originals though. The reason for this is because Japanese copyright and American copyright are two different things. Japanese copyright chooses to ignore doujins, US copyright may not. I've talked to the 2 biggest English hentai book companies and both have told me that they cannot print parody doujins. I'm aware doujinpress does, but what they do isn't really legal, they put up a legal page that essentially says "don't sue us, we're not printing very many, it's not worth your time." this doesn't work for bigger companies. As they aren't going to limit their sales to appease such a thing.

tl;dr only books for original doujins

1. We are doing this free, myself and the yuri-ism staff are doing this on our own time and are not being compensated for it. I have a lot of respect for her and want to help her, we've talked with isya a few times before and would not wish to ask to be paid.

2. Releases may take awhile because she is choosing to redo all sfx in English, and by in English I mean draw it herself, even the moans!. I'm curious to see how long that goes lol.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Hope this collaboration works out well for both parties. I actually would pay for English versions the author makes a profit off.

And I believe it'll be best of the best when authors plot their stories with considerations as "how can I make this pun in both Japanese and in English (perhaps even another language as well)?" in their minds. But that'll be another story.

We probably would end up with a lot less puns if they would have to make sense in two languages. I think it's simply not possibe given how arbitrary and complex language is. Just take a look at a lot of 4koma where you can only explain the joke in a TL note or only use very simple jokes, which would be utterly unenjoyable.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

And I'm now curious about why bother to find a scanlation group rather than learning English on her own.

...rofl. Are you serious? One of these two things is MUCH easier than the other.

Isya actually speaks decent English, but certainly not well enough to translate her doujinshi appropriately (if you're not a native speaker or haven't lived in a western country for years, it's highly unlikely your English is going to sound right). Not to mention figuring out a way to digitally distribute it to the west.

Then how does my English sound in your ears?

Totally understandable, but very noticeably not native English. Definitely needs a work-through by a QC or two for an official release. :)

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Owner/operator of yuri-ism scans here. I wasn't expecting a sticky, but I'll answer a few questions.

1: Yes, Isya speaks ok English, enough to talk and understand, but not enough to translate herself. You can check out her English ama she did awhile back. http://ask.fm/isya_434notfound

1. Yes her works will be provided as digital releases that you can download.

2. We will not be providing books for any of her precure doujins. We will on originals though. The reason for this is because Japanese copyright and American copyright are two different things. Japanese copyright chooses to ignore doujins, US copyright may not. I've talked to the 2 biggest English hentai book companies and both have told me that they cannot print parody doujins. I'm aware doujinpress does, but what they do isn't really legal, they put up a legal page that essentially says "don't sue us, we're not printing very many, it's not worth your time." this doesn't work for bigger companies. As they aren't going to limit their sales to appease such a thing.

tl;dr only books for original doujins

1. We are doing this free, myself and the yuri-ism staff are doing this on our own time and are not being compensated for it. I have a lot of respect for her and want to help her, we've talked with isya a few times before and would not wish to ask to be paid.

2. Releases may take awhile because she is choosing to redo all sfx in English, and by in English I mean draw it herself, even the moans!. I'm curious to see how long that goes lol.

Thank you for your answer. This is really great.
You're right, Japanese IP rights owners choose to ignore doujins, but of course they can sue doujinka whenever they feel like.

Is there really a difference between distribution of digital and physical copies as far as copyrights are concerned? Why the format would have an impact on the fact that we get in the distribution channel of contents for which we do not own the IP rights?

5) Wow, this woman impresses me.

last edited at Jan 1, 2015 7:50AM

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/isya

Ah, that Zero S&M one.
But that aside: EVA = no, PreCure = no, and I only managed to find myself a Pairing: Manget couple, so all in all, no.

Hmmm,
Why do we bother finding scanlation groups rather than learning Japanese on our own?

Icon
joined Aug 15, 2014

Another person from Brazil here?! /o/

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Interesting.
Would sure be nice if it started happening globally ^_^

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

For an author, being understandable is all he/she needs.

No? No, that isn't all they need.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Then how does my English sound in your ears?

Totally understandable, but very noticeably not native English. Definitely needs a work-through by a QC or two for an official release. :)

For an author, being understandable is all he/she needs.

What? No, that's the bare minimum.
An author needs to be an expert on a language to convey their thoughts and feelings, they need to know the subtleties and idioms and so much more. Writing a story is an art and language is the tool.

To reply you must either login or sign up.