Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Yep yep, this one's good.

I like this Komachi a lot.

joined Apr 30, 2021

This should be canon, dangit.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This was really great- thanks for translating it ! I really like Komachi so its nice to see her get a long story.

This is by the WHH mangaka right, and set after it- meaning WHH is finished? Its translation has not been updated in 2 years- I wish some group would pick it up if its not being worked on by a group- which it certainly doesn't seem to be.

last edited at May 3, 2021 5:22PM

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

That is the big problem with Touhou. Zun makes interesting characters and then never revisits them. Sure the fan community fills the void with their doujins but even a small amount of new info has a hugely positive ripple effect. Remember when Zun wrote that Mystia runs a food stall, how much fanwork have we got out of that.

Starving Marisa's Blessed Meal
The Shinigami's Rowing Her Boat as Usual
Sanae-san Is on the Run!
The Gensokyo of Humans
The Tiles That I Cannot Cut Are Next to None!

They are all so well written that they should be canon.

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

This was really great- thanks for translating it ! I really like Komachi so its nice to see her get a long story.

This is by the WHH mangaka right, and set after it- meaning WHH is finished? Its translation has not been updated in 2 years- I wish some group would pick it up if its not being worked on by a group- which it certainly doesn't seem to be.

WaHH is actually finished and translated, the last 3 (?) chapters just weren't uploaded here.

joined Jul 22, 2014

This is really nice seeing Komachi's aw shucks expression when it comes to her stance on human lives.
Wish we could see those fanworks on official English books, would gladly buy it, like the Forbidden Scrollery series.

last edited at May 5, 2021 4:18AM

joined Jun 5, 2018

That is the big problem with Touhou. Zun makes interesting characters and then never revisits them. Sure the fan community fills the void with their doujins but even a small amount of new info has a hugely positive ripple effect. Remember when Zun wrote that Mystia runs a food stall, how much fanwork have we got out of that.

Starving Marisa's Blessed Meal
The Shinigami's Rowing Her Boat as Usual
Sanae-san Is on the Run!
The Gensokyo of Humans
The Tiles That I Cannot Cut Are Next to None!

They are all so well written that they should be canon.

I dont think so. By not revisiting characters he gives the community the choice to make their own Gensokyo. Dont forget, its officially a doujin, what ZUN creates I mean. Any fan work has the same canonity (is this a word?) if you so desire. After all, Gensokyo accepts all. So whether you take this as canon, or maybe the work of komachi and akyuu (which are both great, but contradict each other) is up to you. I personally hate how Yukaris depicted or used in "official" releases. Very much how I hate her role here. And yet there are some works where i like her more, and ill just take these.

Qbe6q6nw4kw
joined Oct 17, 2016

Damn, this is a very well done work

Nekona Shirofumi
joined Mar 30, 2021

And so row and row she goes to being my favorite 2hu character

ADT555 Uploader
_006
DB Scans
joined Jun 26, 2017

Dont forget, its officially a doujin, what ZUN creates I mean. Any fan work has the same canonity (is this a word?) if you so desire. After all, Gensokyo accepts all. So whether you take this as canon, or maybe the work of komachi and akyuu (which are both great, but contradict each other) is up to you.

Just to clear this up so no one gets the wrong idea but yes, Touhou has an official canon.

Doujin only means self published and ZUN has stated numerous times that there is a canon. In fact Strange Creator Doujins have an introductory page that states that they are non-canon which we omit from the typeset.

The official canon includes the Window Games, official manga like Foul Detective Satori, Forbidden Scrollery and Lotus Eater, the fake in-universe like Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red and Perfect Memento in Strict Sense and information provided by ZUN in interviews. I think there is a bit more too like the stories with Merry and Renko and such.

It's fine to have a head canon but it's false to tell people Touhou has no canon, fan works are just fan works.

last edited at Jul 10, 2021 6:17PM

joined Jun 5, 2018

Dont forget, its officially a doujin, what ZUN creates I mean. Any fan work has the same canonity (is this a word?) if you so desire. After all, Gensokyo accepts all. So whether you take this as canon, or maybe the work of komachi and akyuu (which are both great, but contradict each other) is up to you.

Just to clear this up so no one gets the wrong idea but yes, Touhou has an official canon.

Doujin only means self published and ZUN has stated numerous times that there is a canon. In fact Strange Creator Doujins have an introductory page that states that they are non-canon which we omit from the typeset.

The official canon includes the Window Games, official manga like Foul Detective Satori, Forbidden Scrollery and Lotus Eater, the fake in-universe like Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red and Perfect Memento in Strict Sense and information provided by ZUN in interviews. I think there is a bit more too like the stories with Merry and Renko and such.

It's fine to have a head canon but it's false to tell people Touhou has no canon, fan works are just fan works.

Then assuming everything you said is correct, Ill have to agree with you, that its a shame ZUN does not revisit old characters or flesh them out more.

I wonder what happens (or rather, it did already happen, but what would follow), if ZUN contradicts himself? Would gensokyo explode?! (Im just joking here.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.