Forum › Posts by ener

joined Jan 19, 2013

In other words...if it was an accident it's not going to happen again.

Sigh. I'm starting to feel this way.

I don't self-insert, but I appreciated that Seju x Sumin encompassed adulthood since there aren't too many manga/manhwa that go past HS or college. I've long since aged out of that demographic, but most of all, I feel like it's been done to death. Thus, WDTFS felt pretty fresh to me.

As I'm revisiting this manhwa and all caught up on One, it almost feels like Team GJ unintentionally developed Seju. I care way more about her than I was probably supposed to ー some of the earlier chapters should've ended with a "dun dun DUUUUUUN" to the point of being comical. And then I realized that at some point, I wanted her to end up with Sumin more than Sungji.

It'd be nice if Sumin and Seju didn't have to be "saved" by an idealist type, but it is what it is.

ener
Citrus + discussion 18 May 19:26
joined Jan 19, 2013

Did people not realize that Citrus+ seems to take place between Yuzu asking Mei to marry her and the end of 41 where Mei says she loves Yuzu? Himeko's outfits for the bears indicate this.

Similarly, the date for this chapter and last month's chapter are only two days apart, so Mei is definitely feeling insecure and/or jealous.

Taken into context, looks like Citrus was Yuzu's way to Mei, and Citrus+ thus far seems to be Mei's way to Yuzu.

joined Jan 19, 2013

If you want a great (but a tear jerker and not yuri) manga about the problem of bullying in Japan, I highly recommend the hugely acclaimed and widely discussed oneshot Koe No Katachi. http://www.mangapark.com/manga/koe-no-katachi

And here's a download from Futari Wa Pretty Anon.

http://prettyanonymo.us/?p=3110

A really nice read, a deserving winner of the 80th Weekly Shounen Magazine Newbie Best Mangaka Award, and if this is a accurate portrayal of bullying in japanese schools, than it's definitely a serious problem.

Thanks for the recommendation. I can't recall the last time a manga ever moved me so much, and all this from just a one-shot. Very deserving of the award.

Every time I hear about bullying in Japan, I get sick to my stomach. I wish it wasn't so bad there, or anywhere for that matter, but even with the recent national campaign against it it seems to continue. I can only hope it gets better.

joined Jan 19, 2013

Thanks for another great release.
Terribly cute. Hope the artist actually makes this a series, even if it's just a Comiket thing.

I would hardly take manga as a source for how things are in Japan but it makes you wonder whats up.

Actually, bullying is a pretty huge problem in Japan. One of the few English sites that writes about the bullying articles is Sankaku Complex. I thought the survey on NicoNico Douga back in August 2012 was particularly shocking: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2012/08/22/japan-nation-of-bullies-57-bullied-27-consider-suicide/ (site is NSFW)

ener
Prism discussion 15 Mar 23:59
joined Jan 19, 2013

Damnit, I knew this was the 'end' of the manga, but I didn't know it was cancelled due to allegations of tracing until I saw that tag added. I actually managed to track down volume 1 and went to revisit chapters 6 and 6.5, then saw the tracing tag. Such a shame, it's a really great story.