Forum › The VTuber Thread Wherein We Talk about VTubers

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Hololive EN Vsinger IRyS

Press release with full design and backstory

I wonder if she'll be as chuuni as all this is making her seem

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Kiara's birthday Jackbox Games collab was a treasure trove of giggling and tee tee. It was such a fun time!

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

So NijiEN had an impromptu free talk stream on twitch today which also happens to be their twitch debut and it was very cursed lmao. Highlight has to be Finana talking about her dad seeing a package she ordered.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I honestly needed a break after that rough week and no Towa. I'm all ready to simp again but now I got an entire week's worth of content and also a new girl to support. Watching IRS-chan debut stream rn because I just forgot since there's no meme review this week and didn't check YouTube
Edit: she's a dork. Fits right in. Her voice sounds a bit like Bao(Hikaru station), but she did comment on the video :think conspiracy theories incoming Nevermind! If she is who I think she is, I listened to her songs a few weeks ago already when I looked up a song on YouTube, I swear I'm not making this up LOL

I just know Ollie(alter) showed up and watched Holotalk with GOD herself. Oh yeah! And the Kiara birthday stream. I'm so freaking sad we didn't get to see what Calli was saying to Kiara! It got pretty juicy after they went on a date(supposedly).

last edited at Jul 11, 2021 6:58AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

It's weird how the Hololive vsingers include an affable gamer girl with a ton of lore... and AZKi. Does the designation even mean anything beyond that they do singing and don't debut with gen mates? They have oddly similar pre-Hololive career paths, but...

I really liked what I saw of IRyS, though! I don't care that much about music, but she seems fun

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Noel/Marine bath stream featuring Kanata

Context :

This is a punishment stream as Danchou and Senchou lose the previous game and need to take a shower stream in Kanata’s house
They have mentioned that Senchou’s skin is soft and white and Danchou’s chest is K cup
Also, Senchou has been offering the most expensive shampoo as she’s embarrassed, while Kanata said she felt nothing looking at Senchou’s body
But Kanata is so happy to saw Danchou’s K cup
Although Senchou feel embarrassed when Danchou and Kanata looks at her, but when they ignore her, she felt that she has no charm

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ Kanatan is the luckiest woman alive lol. I guess Marine and Flare too.

NijisanjiEN getting little sisters/kohais/genmates? I'll just share the Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nijisanji/comments/ojudvd/please_welcome_nijisanji_en_second_wave_vtuber/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Conspiracy theory: OK WTF?! THAT IS DEFINITELY [REDACTED] ISN'T SHE?! LOL. If that is her, Nijisanji just snatched a really good one! I was 90% certain she would go to HoloEN because of the timing. If that's her, she's a Vtuber that actually graduated TWICE and her main channel was fully purged VERY recently. Apparently, one of the other ones might be another big name? I honestly have no idea since all we got is one liner previews.
Anyways, I'm not going to overanalyze anything else and just subscribe and wait until the weekend now...this is a nice surprise and I'm kinda hyped tbh.

Go check their twitters! Pomu made a move on them already. "Rosemi let me pollinate you" -some degenerate fairy.

I need to finish Pomu and Pikamee's birthday streams. I missed to many things due to power outages :/

I forgot to mention the Shadowverse tournament feat TakaMori, but Ollie will participate in a chess tourney this week! She's getting some coaching in a few hours: https://youtu.be/Mi_lQetdd1I
Cute Kiara clip from the tournament: https://youtu.be/Jc-nIUeZ1Zo

Nabi sensei ships AmeIna

Forgot to post this last time: https://youtu.be/qMEjGOkvrc0
Found the context.

last edited at Jul 14, 2021 5:23AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Conspiracy theory: OK WTF?! THAT IS DEFINITELY [REDACTED] ISN'T SHE?! LOL. If that is her, Nijisanji just snatched a really good one! I was 90% certain she would go to HoloEN because of the timing. If that's her, she's a Vtuber that actually graduated TWICE and her main channel was fully purged VERY recently. Apparently, one of the other ones might be another big name? I honestly have no idea since all we got is one liner previews

You can't put that and expect peoples with low knowledge of Vtubers to understand.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Speaking of IRyS, anyone else get an uncanny feeling from her avatar? Something about the way she moves just creeps me out a little bit.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

NijisanjiEN getting little sisters/kohais/genmates?

I wonder if there's going to be a male group? Nijisanji being monogender is weird

Speaking of IRyS, anyone else get an uncanny feeling from her avatar? Something about the way she moves just creeps me out a little bit.

Her rigging is pretty good, I think the issue is that her design is unusually realistic

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

......so yeah, Rosemi is 100% that one Vtuber I mentioned a few posts ago. I missed her diabetes voice and her kettle? Laugh is super unique. Welcome back prez can't wait for the #notsalty Tekken streams. Pretty interesting to see those three girls from that Amogus collab ended up in Niji.

Edit: I obviously recommend her btw, she's incredibly talented.

LOL Ironmouse showed up in the chat.

The other 2 are pretty cute too. I heard one of them is also a revived Vtuber but idk.

Kinda like Roberu, he looks kinda off compared to everyone else. She was actually LQ on her first few streams for whatever reason.

I wonder if there's going to be a male group? Nijisanji being monogender is weird

Maybe? Obsydia seems to be from the same old audition. The new male and female auditions overlap so shrug

last edited at Jul 18, 2021 1:42AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Rosemi is 100% that one Vtuber I mentioned a few posts ago.

What you're saying still isn't enough information for someone who's not actively into indie EN vtubing to go off of. Her known languages make me think she's Miki, though?

The other 2 are pretty cute too. I heard one of them is also a revived Vtuber but idk.

Would have to be Selen, Petra mentioned that she hasn't streamed before

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I forgot to mention the OkaKoro costumes!! They are so cute!!!!!
Watame reached 1M and sung weather hackers :'^)

Rosemi is 100% that one Vtuber I mentioned a few posts ago.

What you're saying still isn't enough information for someone who's not actively into indie EN vtubing to go off of. Her known languages make me think she's Miki, though?

I didn't want to name drop lol yes, Miki 100%. She was also in a smaller group and graduated from that a while ago, not name dropping that one because I had no idea until recently (thx YT algorithm). I did mention Miki being fluent in Japanese and French as well, definitely enough. To be fair, I've only mentioned Pomu and Rosemi's previous identity graduations, it should be super obvious if you check my posts haha.

Would have to be Selen, Petra mentioned that she hasn't streamed before

Maybe? Her voice is very unique, so it'll be spread around quickly if it's true.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I forgot to mention the OkaKoro costumes!! They are so cute!!!!!

I'm not sure I actually like either costume, but I appreciate that the concept seems to be 'Okayu just spent the night with Korone'

Watame reached 1M

Kanata's not far behind. Everyone else, though...

I didn't want to name drop lol

No else one here keeps with minor vtubers or vtuber gossip. You really need to name drop if you want people to know what you're talking about. And if you don't want people to know what you're talking about, why bother at all?

Maybe? Her voice is very unique, so it'll be spread around quickly if it's true.

I definitely get the impression that Selen has streamed before. She could well be using a different voice and/or character, though

joined Apr 30, 2020

No else one here keeps with minor vtubers or vtuber gossip. You really need to name drop if you want people to know what you're talking about. And if you don't want people to know what you're talking about, why bother at all?

I do actually.

Pretty interesting to see those three girls from that Amogus collab ended up in Niji.

Is this fate lol. I blame thank Pikamee

Personally will be following Rosemi more, definitely part of it is what Rye has mentioned, but I do want to watch a vtuber playing fighting games and RTS. Then Petra for cuteness and Selen for her energy. A shame that Selen can't JP fluently otherwise, she's guaranteed to collab with Niji's apex gremlin Chi-chan. Maybe it will still happen lol and the language barrier will cause shenanigans. Also, their group collab seems to be Minecraft. If they go to the world server, I wonder if they'll cause as much or even more destruction than Lazulight.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Nijisanji still speed running members and announced new JP group and a CN group. Selen is happy to be a senpai RTA

Anyone got an abridged version of Kiara's Sims 4 stream? I haven't watched the whole thing yet but I know dad said hi during the wedding? lmao

And if you don't want people to know what you're talking about, why bother at all?

It's more because of excitement, I guess? I feel like a parent seen their child achieve something bigger and feel proud or something idk. I really do like to keep Vtuber etiquette wherever I go, this site is no exception.

thank Pikamee

Better send a "tskr" her way.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Haachama's back! And she comes bearing meme reviews!

Other news:

First full-party Mythbreakers session happened. Watoto MVP

Sony opened auditions for a large-scale vtuber project. Be interesting to see how it goes, and I hope they don't damage the market too badly

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Haachama! You are as beautiful as the day we lost you :'^)
Haato, Amelia, Kiara and Kanata definitely took to heart Coco's "you're next!". I have no idea what Haachama was doing but it seems like she's not going anywhere. The university rumor is still just a rumor btw.
She's struggling a bit with the memes but I'm sure she'll improve little by little. Coco actually did struggle on the first few episodes even though she's American, so I think she'll be just fine.

Yuri. Nyanners' new 3d model looks so fluffy!

I forgot to share the Gura x Vergil clips silly shark you can't escape the storm

I'm on TV btw! I made it to a game at Risa's Amogus stream. Didn't do shit but it was a fun couple of games haha.

Sony opened auditions for a large-scale vtuber project. Be interesting to see how it goes, and I hope they don't damage the market too badly

Slightly old news but I didn't feel like sharing. I do not trust Sony with anything these days. I'll still give their talents a shot but I'm worried about them tbh, I hope they get treated well at least.

last edited at Jul 25, 2021 6:05AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I'll still give their talents a shot but I'm worried about them tbh, I hope they get treated well at least.

There's a few weird bits on their website that make me worry. Most notably, the part where they're expected to continuously stream for a year, which tells us that a) they're not going to have full control over their schedules and b) that the initial contracts are for one year. I think it's a fair assumption that the ability to retain name and character doesn't kick in until this initial contract has been completed... which in turn likely means that said contract is pretty bad and they expect the talent to use their new leverage to negotiate something better once it's up

Also there's that bit about debuting over fifty new vtubers. I think this means that they've been given a time limit to produce results if they don't want the project to get cancelled and the expected debut schedule puts them at 50-60 by that point. ...I really doubt that they're being given 5 years, so this is going to be pretty rushed

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

NijisanjiEN cannot be stopped! https://twitter.com/NIJISANJI_World/status/1419190680556036097?s=19
Guess Pomu wants to go all out before her surgery. Hi Pikamee!

a) they're not going to have full control over their schedules

Possible but we don't actually know if this is similar to other companies. I've heard some really shitty stories about a couple of """"indie groups""""" so I could definitely believe this.

b) that the initial contracts are for one year.

I've heard some rumors about this one. Apparently it might not be uncommon? Supposedly, 1st year contract then swaps to a permanent/flexible contract. Who knows? I don't think any of the people saying this actually know a thing.

Also there's that bit about debuting over fifty new vtubers.

This! There's a reason why Holo/Niji filter and only hire 3-5 at a time. This seems "throw crap at the wall and see what's sticks" kind of deal imo.

I think this means that they've been given a time limit to produce results if they don't want the project to get cancelled and the expected debut schedule puts them at 50-60 by that point. ...I really doubt that they're being given 5 years, so this is going to be pretty rushed

Also possible! There's was a similar case like a year ago with an """"indie group""""". Yeah I'm still angry about it

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Possible but we don't actually know if this is similar to other companies

I'm not sure how an application requirement of "You will be able to work continuously for at least one year" could mean anything other than there being some sort of regular quota on streaming time

As far as other companies go, I feel like it's best to compare VEE to Hololive and Nijisanji, the current big, openly corporate groups. And they don't seem to do this

Who knows? I don't think any of the people saying this actually know a thing.

Might be a known thing in the music industry? This is being run by Sony's music branch, after all

This! There's a reason why Holo/Niji filter and only hire 3-5 at a time.

Uh. Nijisanji broke 50 in their first year alone. They've scaled way back lately, but

I've heard some really shitty stories about a couple of """"indie groups"""""

One of the weirdest things I've found about vtubing is that the big groups with clear corporate ties treat their members well, while the small, apparently indie groups routinely turn out to be absolutely shitty

joined Apr 30, 2020

NijisanjiEN cannot be stopped! https://twitter.com/NIJISANJI_World/status/1419190680556036097?s=19
Guess Pomu wants to go all out before her surgery. Hi Pikamee!

Wow that's a big collab! I guess I'm skipping sleep for it. There will actually be another big Niji global collab as well. Can't wait for Obsydia to join in on these.

Glad to see Haachama back. And hosted meme review too. What a blast.

joined Mar 30, 2018

I'm a fan of Pikamee, but every time I've watched her streams in the last five months or so, it has had the unfortunate side effect of subtly reinforcing a persistent sadness that's been weighing me down. The other day, however, I watched a stream that felt like it began to heal that pain. If you've been having a similar problem, then you may well find that this channel has just the remedy you're looking for.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Shion is finally back! Towa is doing more collabs! Sniff I'm so freaking happy!
No idea what's with the cube and error but yay new projects!

Selen's RE4 is amazing. Probably my second favourite re4 LP after TGMs.

OkaKoro being gae IRL
TakaMori parenting = NanoFate?
Suisei x Toko

Uh. Nijisanji broke 50 in their first year alone. They've scaled way back lately, but

Yeah, I meant nowadays. They still go pretty fast compared to other companies.

I'm a fan of Pikamee, but every time I've watched her streams in the last five months or so, it has had the unfortunate side effect of subtly reinforcing a persistent sadness that's been weighing me down. The other day, however, I watched a stream that felt like it began to heal that pain. If you've been having a similar problem, then you may well find that this channel has just the remedy you're looking for.

I see. Speaking of things like this, the pizza girl with a roommate came back to streaming regularly, she's actually still saying good morning MFs on twitter lol. I missed her voice. She's getting a new model soon™.

To reply you must either login or sign up.