Forum › Graduation Day discussion

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Hey, does anyone know what happened to the story "The One I Love", by this author? Has it been postponed or something?

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

The credits page is really painful :(

I was hoping they actually didn't separate after that, but I wish I never read the credits page

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I still really don't get the 'Graduation might as well means the other person died' in Japan.
At my graduation, I was like 'Well... tomorrow at your place as usual?' and next to nothing changed.

What's weird is I've never had friends I felt a strong connection to. Not even strong for the words "i miss them" to ever be true for me. Well. Many of them ended poorly anyway. And while it might very well be the way you explained in your example about these things being no big deal, I can understand this fear of change expressed by the darker-haired character.

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

That was that? It's a good thing I'm listening to Trap Queen while reading this, or I wouldn't even finish this one shot.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Well, a lot of friendships are relationships of convenience. You are friends because you share some qualities or interests and happened to be in the same place at the same time. If the only real connection is based on proximity, then it shouldn't be surprising that the relationship falls apart when you lose that connection.

My two closest friends I've met in middle school (like 14-16 years ago) and I still see them regularly, still have contact with an internet friend I met around the same time playing RVS, and I'm probably meeting a friend before christmas I met 16 years ago, my oldest acquaintance with whom I still play/talk and visit, although with that one we've lost contact for a while. Still have contact with college friends as well.

Those protagonists in manga have no excuses! That said, I'm not secretly in love with any of them, I guess that helps reduce the angst.

joined Feb 15, 2021

i didn't need to see that last page...

Yuri Newbie Fan
joined May 16, 2021

Facing reality after graduating, some friends don’t just stay the same once being parted. Also it’s rare for best friends to stay together especially if one decided to went out of your pace and the sad part if she doesn’t contact you anymore, she’s either busy or found another people to hang out with her same interests or something new to be interest in.

joined Jun 28, 2018

The credit page makes everything even sadder T^T

To reply you must either login or sign up.