Forum › Stretch discussion

Dd
joined Sep 22, 2013

"stay calm" WHAT? I die. I need more of these in my life.
Lez wait till next chapter.

joined Feb 15, 2013

GAHHHH!!!! Man, Ran confession in Japanese is even more adorable than the English version.

She was saying "Choko.....Honmei da yo..."

It was a clear confession, it was not an explanation or tease. It was 100% a direct confession. The closest to "...I love you, senpai..." as possible. And it's so adorable how she put it...

HNNNGGGG

last edited at Nov 28, 2014 10:09AM

joined Jan 17, 2014

Hah! GAAAAAAY!

ahahahahaaha, made my night XDDD

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

GAHHHH!!!! Man, Ran confession in Japanese is even more adorable than the English version.

It was a clear confession, it was not an explanation or tease. It was 100% a direct confession. The closest to "...I love you, senpai..." as possible. And it's so adorable how she put it...

HNNNGGGG

Best Yuri confession of 2014?

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

HNNNGGGG

It is right? )))) They are not laughing or grinning, they're smiling and blushing.
This is very serious guys, a very serious yuri confession.

joined Jun 5, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch02#9 . . .
ran seem to be a bit chubby before :O
imma do stretch"ing too

joined Apr 9, 2014

Jin said it was great YURI? i just hope it keeps that way... ;~;

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Jin said it was great YURI? i just hope it keeps that way... ;~;

well, technically you could say she said it was great lily xD

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

I say they're more than friends but less than lovers. They're stuck somewhere in between.

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

I say they're more than friends but less than lovers. They're stuck somewhere in between.

Friends with benefits? >=D

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

"we haven't shared a futon in a long time"

So they slept together before? When? Why didn't Shou show?

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I need to see this too.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

The ex telling his story, or rather his story about Keiko, was what flipped the switch and put Ran into active mode. If the ex show up again, I expect it'll be in the context of Keiko putting her past to rest rather than to get back together with him again.

Best case scenario, she tells the ex she has someone new in her life.

Ah, that's certainly possible. I hadn't really thought of him as a trigger rather than a plot point waiting to be revived, but it's true that when Ran next appears, this and this and this sort of thing starts happening, then you have the yuriffic chapters 25, 27, and of course 29... In fact the only chapter since the revelation without any subtext is probably chapter 28.
I also doubt she'll get back with him, whether she gets together with Ran or not; her past has always been portrayed as something which has weighed on her in an unhealthy manner. I don't know too much about her relationship with him, though, so it'd be nice to learn more about it, if only to see how he compares with Ran.

I swear that Shou is making all this recent chapters in order to later say they were straight, come to this forum and laugh at the meltdown?

Wouldn't that be career suicide?
I'm pretty sure he's more than aware of the following this has with yuri fans.

Yeah, you should see the comments on the official site. They're divided into the people saying that the stretching on page 3 is hot, those who say it's nice and cute, and those who are all YURI!! about it. Categories two and three can presumably be assessed as positive reactions to the yuri element, while category one is rather small and therefore near-negligible. I've only seen one negative reaction - the person said that it was the worst and most disgusting chapter - but it might have been trolling, you never know with the Internet. All in all, that's a really large percentage of people who approve of this development, which suggests that they were probably open to the pairing beforehand. Career suicide indeed.

Ahh I noticed that too! I'm guessing it must have been after they moved in together - they would certainly not have had the opportunity to do so while still in school, as Ran makes it quite clear they did not meet beyond bumping into each other in the morning, at school, and in the library.

And to carry on the discussion on to what extent Ran's feelings were shown before this chapter, here are two examples I came across which don't feel like fanservice which haven't been raised yet:
1. when she tries smoking Keiko's cigarettes in chapter 16 - her expression is quite serious, so it doesn't seem like simple curiosity, especially since only three chapters later she starts talking about how disgusting a smoker's lung is; perhaps she wanted to understand her better by doing so.
2. there's another moment in chapter 18 where there's a slightly odd change in atmosphere when Ran starts talking about how she and Keiko used to talk together; it feels sort of wistful to me.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I re-read this today and it struck me how much Keiko seems attracted to Ran. She initiated contact when they were in school (Ran having been told to avoid the delinquent), tells Saki tha from the beginning she was drawn to Ran because she was "adorable", and when Ran gets a fever she fawns on her.

Although I was getting the feeling Ran was more into Keiko, I don't really think that's the case on a second reading. Ran is just very straightforward and I think more aware of her own feelings.

Also, plot points that are semi-open:
Keiko's ex
Keiko's mom
Ran's family

These are probably places the manga could go. Just speculation. (And the sleeping together thing which could be totally irrelevant or could be leading somewhere).

550275_10151272753455729_1992208048_n%20(1)
joined Oct 3, 2014

WAAAH SO CUTE!

joined Jul 5, 2014

The funny thing about writing is, at a certain point, your characters really start writing themselves. I know it sounds like a weird thing, but it's true. That's what makes writing such an exciting thing, be it manga or novel. This is why I also think (personal opinion) that some manga end up having such bad endings, because the author started out writing toward an end he'd envisioned, but the characters changed that path. I see this a lot in abrupt bad endings all the time.

It's a hard concept to understand, but at the end of the day, a bulk of a story is told by the characters', not the author. And lets face it, these girls are totally gay for each other. Anything but a yuri ending at this point would just be shocking! o=

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

^Happy End

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

It's clear that Ran is in love with Keiko, http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch10#2, when she see Sempai for the first time her expression is "Woah". Ran is beautiful but Keiko is sexy too...

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I actually interpreted that "whoa" as a response to the fact that there were a bunch of delinquents sitting outside the convenience store? I'd probably find it a mildly worrying sight, myself... She follows up with 'My first impression of her couldn't have been worse' on the next page, too.

Still think that while Keiko might be attracted to Ran, it's not certain whether those feelings are romantic, and like adamatari says, even she doesn't seem very aware of them, so it's very difficult to say whether they'll actually get together at this point.

joined Mar 28, 2014

I actually interpreted that "whoa" as a response to the fact that there were a bunch of delinquents sitting outside the convenience store? I'd probably find it a mildly worrying sight, myself... She follows up with 'My first impression of her couldn't have been worse' on the next page, too.

Yeah, that's also how I interpreted that, "Whoa, that's gross!" But then everyone around Ran started to bring Keiko to her attention. And before she knew it, Ran had totally fell for the senpai. So cute.
By the way, after rereading those pages, I just realised that Ran also has an older sis of the same age as Keiko. I wonder if she will ever play a role in the manga again.

Still think that while Keiko might be attracted to Ran, it's not certain whether those feelings are romantic, and like adamatari says, even she doesn't seem very aware of them, so it's very difficult to say whether they'll actually get together at this point.

I believe that she's very conscious about her feelings for Ran. Too conscious and too embarrassed to the extent of going in denial. Ran really has to play smoothly to maintain the balance between pushing and restraining. It feels that Keiko's pretty much accepted the fact that's she's in love with Ran but has not accepted the fact that it makes her a lesbian or a bi. She really needs to get drunk together with Ran, and with a proper drink, the one that will make her playful enough. So that the flirt level could grow and she'd accept at least a peck from Ran. Once it lands in the right place and in the right time, the excitement will keep them busy the whole night, hehe. Ah, wishful thinking, wishful thinking...

I wonder why Keiko didn't get up in the last chapter? Won't she be late for work or is it a weekend morning?
(A) It's too early anyway
(B) Keiko didn't want to wake up Ran because she doesn't like bringing discomfort to people around her
(C) Keiko didn't want to wake up Ran because she looked so cute asleep
(D) Keiko wanted to enjoy the spooning more, while she can

Or likewise, why did Keiko try to wake up Ran?
(A) It's time to get up and go to work
(B) She had a funny arm/let/whatever because of spooned Ran
(C) She was embarrassed to find Ran so close and cute sleeping to her, that she freaked out for a sec and decided to return her the zone of comfort

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Or likewise, why did Keiko try to wake up Ran?
(A) It's time to get up and go to work
(B) She had a funny arm/let/whatever because of spooned Ran
(C) She was embarrassed to find Ran so close and cute sleeping to her, that she freaked out for a sec and decided to return her the zone of comfort

(D) It was morning and people usually get up in the morning.

Let's not overthink this. She woke up, saw it was morning so time to get up. But seeing Ran so cute and comfortable and realizing that it felt kinda nice, she decided to stay like that a bit.

joined Mar 28, 2014

Let's not overthink this. She woke up, saw it was morning so time to get up. But seeing Ran so cute and comfortable and realizing that it felt kinda nice, she decided to stay like that a bit.

But you see, there's that subtext in what you've written, that you can't simply ignore with Akili - Keiko enjoyed the situation, potentially to the extent of being late for work. And she was quite stressed last night about it. So it's either a weekend or she's doing a lot for Ran's cuteness.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

But you see, there's that subtext in what you've written, that you can't simply ignore with Akili - Keiko enjoyed the situation, potentially to the extent of being late for work. And she was quite stressed last night about it. So it's either a weekend or she's doing a lot for Ran's cuteness.

She didn't wake up with an alarm, so very likely a weekend.

Worth noting that Valentine's Day this year fell on a Friday. Undoubtedly a coincidence, but kinda cool.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

(D) It was morning and people usually get up in the morning.

Why would someone do something so crazy?

joined Mar 28, 2014

She didn't wake up with an alarm, so very likely a weekend.

True, although Keiko's mobile phone next to the futon really annoys me. Yes-yes, I know I have it by my side on weekends too, but it could be easily not drawn if it had no meaning. So I'd rather believe that she woke up earlier than it rang. Ok, I'm overthinking...

Worth noting that Valentine's Day this year fell on a Friday. Undoubtedly a coincidence, but kinda cool.

Akili's totally messed up with the calendar. If we believe in the full moon for jugoya 6 years ago, then it is likely that "today for chapter 18" is in 2014, because the the full moon on the 15th of September really happened in 2008. The September 15th of 2014 however had no full moon, although it does work well for Valentine's 2015 - Saturday.
But up till now I was convinced that the events of the manga are taking place three year earlier, in 2011-2012, assuming this really is a reference to the Tohoku earthquake, which has its "proof" with Ran going to her family for the 49th day during the golden week.
So one thing is clear, translating RL calendar to Stretch calendar doesn't work too well and we have to keep this in mind.

To reply you must either login or sign up.