Forum › Manga General Thread

joined Mar 11, 2016

As in I was joking since you split it into subtext and actual yuri, implying subtext is not actual yuri. I don't read it so I got no clue.

Lol subtext is actual yuri? Are you high or something? xD

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Autumn posted:

As in I was joking since you split it into subtext and actual yuri, implying subtext is not actual yuri. I don't read it so I got no clue.

Lol subtext is actual yuri? Are you high or something? xD

If it is true subtext, as in it just isn't confirmed, but it's evidently there, then yes, it is actual yuri.

You made entire thread dedicated to pointing out subtext in anime, calling it yuri and now you want to say subtext isn't yuri?

joined Mar 11, 2016

If it is true subtext, as in it just isn't confirmed, but it's evidently there, then yes, it is actual yuri.

You made entire thread dedicated to pointing out subtext in anime, calling it yuri and now you want to say subtext isn't yuri?

Hmm.... IMO tho a show is yuri when girls feelings are mutual and are explicitly confessed/confirmed. Subtext remains subtext if it is not confirmed and can be interpreted into just close friendship as we see in most of CGDCT animes e.g Urara Meichirou, Anima Yell etc. Euphonium, Tamako Market would be right examples too. Often subtext turns out nothing but bait to lure in yuri fans which you may call 'The horrors of subtext'. So subtext is not yuri unless it is explicitly confirmed.

No I don't call subtext yuri unless you mean that subtext is yuri as in it belongs to yuri genre - girl x girl relationship. If a show is yuri I call it yuri; not subtext.

Also I think there is no actual yuri; yuri is just yuri!

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

High rise-invasion finally ended. 268 chapters of whatever the fk it is. With at least a positive note on the yuri front.

Nise ( the useless lesbian of the series) battle against Yuri’s brocon continue, but Yuri immediately eased out her jealous girlfriend with some skinship. Especially important as Yuri has spent the entire series go Gaga after her brother, but showed subdued emotion when her (not-related by blood) beloved brother was just right there.

And considering Nise’s only rival is the brother, and with the ending emphasising on the sibling bonds. I will take that as an 20% ambiguous, 80% conclusive happy gay ending

last edited at Apr 6, 2019 12:48AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Wait, I think I remember reading about that one a long time ago. How was it? For yuri the yuri content, as well as just the series as a whole?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nevri posted:

Autumn posted:

Joshi Kausei Ch 67:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/gAiZyeK.jpg[/img]
It has subtext or actual yuri? I just started it so don't know the extent of it!

It's actual subtext

You raised my interest a lot!

Ye all should be talkin' about Tatsumaki's abs in the latest chapter of OPM!!!!

Also, someone picked up Duel! https://mangadex.org/title/14794/duel true, is cliche and it has some awful unnecessary characters but..........

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Wait, I think I remember reading about that one a long time ago. How was it? For yuri the yuri content, as well as just the series as a whole?

The series is pretty much a dumb shounen with a lead heroine in skimpy skirt. Not unbearable at least and can turn your brain off to get some entertainment off it

On yuri front, Nise has always been a gay mess since her introduction (as she hide inside the admiration closet). Her love and obsession of Yuri is the center of her character.

Yuri as female lead is very fond and outrightly (platonically maybe) love Nise. Still too carefree for romance though, considering her hard crush on her brother was confirmed to be purely sibling love toward the end. Aware of Nise feeling apparently and showed to embrace it. But considering that she was only in 2 ships, and the incest route got sunk, so yuri-ing Nise is the only obvious option

last edited at Apr 6, 2019 2:48AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Because this is an event that might be considered historical in the manga/anime culture, I'm here to announce that the original Webcomic of Onepunch man is back from the Hiatus with the 110 chapter! you can check it out at mangadex.

WOW

joined Mar 11, 2016

Yuri as female lead is very fond and outrightly (platonically maybe) love Nise. Still too carefree for romance though, considering her hard crush on her brother was confirmed to be purely sibling love toward the end. Aware of Nise feeling apparently and showed to embrace it. But considering that she was only in 2 ships, and the incest route got sunk, so yuri-ing Nise is the only obvious option

Nise tried kissing Yuri in one chapter but stopped midway. So there is that. Siblings obsession with each other is a turn off. Author didn't go anywhere solid in both ships. May be they wanted to leave it open?

joined Mar 11, 2016

Kuzu no Honkai Special Chapter:
https://mangapark.net/manga/kuzu-no-honkai-d-cor/i1562688

In D-frag, game creation clubs adviser is always wearing a track suit given by one of her female student. Their was a little bit of their story in anime. Has the manga explored her story apart from that? Been wanting to know their story for a while now.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Kids Teacher Mr. Kwon, Taiyo no ie, Ties of Compassion and Blooming Sequence are my all time favourite manhwa/manhua/manga. Love them!

There is yuri in my secret brother/Unstoppable siblings too.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Everyone go read the latest chapter of Joushikusei Mudazukai right now.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 1:51PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Autumn posted:

Everyone go read the latest chapter of Joushikusei Mudazukai right now.

I can only watch the translated versions.... I'm gonna have to wait.
I really wish you guys could read this https://tmofans.com/library/manga/46274/kitanai-kimi-ga is in spanish

joined Mar 11, 2016
joined Jan 21, 2015

We only have a small, dead thread for light novels so I thought I'd drop this here instead:

Otherside Picnic is extremely good and I highly recommend it. Three volumes are available on BookWalker and Kindle, but if you absolutely don't want to spend money the first two volumes are on Nyaa. It's well worth the money, though.

It's a horror yuri series where the horror is well-written and the yuri appears to be going somewhere. I'm having trouble explaining how good it is without spoiling... The creepiest chapter for me was the third one of the first volume, but individual opinions will depend on your phobias and personal experiences.

An anime was announced by the director of the Kase-san OVA and the studio that animated Hanebado, so it has chances of being good, if you don't feel like reading novels (but you really should read them).

joined Mar 11, 2016

Kids Teacher Mr. Kwon, Taiyo no ie, Ties of Compassion and Blooming Sequence are my all time favourite manhwa/manhua/manga. Love them!

Add Dear Boy & Dokgo to the list too. Loved them. Dokgo is a bit gloomy so may not be up some of yours alley but you will definitely love Dear Boy.

Yo. :D

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I can't believe Miura actually died before finishing Berserk... I'm so upset! Been so frustrated since I read the news. I hope the best for his family :(

mangagoreachout
joined Mar 3, 2022

https://mangago.to

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 2:46AM

joined Oct 22, 2022

My favorite Japanese manga: "Dragon Ball", "Naruto", "Attack on Titan".

Also, some Chinese comics [https://baltimes.com/chinese-manga/] are good. For example: "Perfect World", "The Pinnacle".

To reply you must either login or sign up.