Forum › Arknights!

joined Jul 26, 2016

"Gear comes and goes, PHASION is eternal."
- Phantasy Star Online 2 community wisdom

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Besides, if I didn't buy Skadi's skin, I wouldn't have been able to do THIS.

this

It's funnier cause she's E0Lv1 and I'm only using her for her skin. Maybe I'll E2 her one day...

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I on the other hand prefer that skins have no gameplay value, cos this way you're not forced to buy all of them to stay competitive. There's also the whole P2W argument (I know, I know, it's gacha and there's no real winning, but imo it still applies). What can I say? I just like skins. I honestly keep forgetting you can even roll using OP. I remember at first I thought they were just normal pots and even use 1 I think, but once I realized you can convert them to Originium and buy skins only with them, I started saving them and avoiding using them to refresh ap since then (I've done it like 1, maybe 2 times max more after that), but over time I just ended up using them exclusively for skins. I don't think I ever rolled using them.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

I rolled with everything I had but still no Thorns.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ok. Beat all OF-EX stages with challenges and half way done with event farming.

joined Jul 26, 2020

I on the other hand prefer that skins have no gameplay value, cos this way you're not forced to buy all of them to stay competitive.

Funny you say that cause instead of feeling like I don't need to buy all of them, my collector's spirit has been fired up and I've been buying every single skin regardless if I actually like them or not. This is also why I'm anxious to get Hibiscus's skin cause that's the only free skin I'm missing...

Also speaking of the event, I'm honestly really glad the rerun events are so much more compact cause farming this event the first time around was such a pain cause it took so long to farm tickets and then using those tickets to farm ANOTHER stage to get the actual currency you need for the raffle. Especially with the infinite raffle, you needed to spend so much time just to farm it was exhausting.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Phone ran out of power so I have to wait to grind more stages. The challenge versions of the EX stages enemies have way too much HP and DEF for my operators to kill.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

塞雷娅 posted:

Also speaking of the event, I'm honestly really glad the rerun events are so much more compact cause farming this event the first time around was such a pain cause it took so long to farm tickets and then using those tickets to farm ANOTHER stage to get the actual currency you need for the raffle. Especially with the infinite raffle, you needed to spend so much time just to farm it was exhausting.

I get what you mean, but idk, stages don't take that long to clear and I'm auto'ing them anyway so shrug. And not like I have new year's pots to spend or anything... I mean, it'd be my first proper lottery event in AK, so I kinda wanted to do it.

joined Jul 26, 2020

塞雷娅 posted:

I get what you mean, but idk, stages don't take that long to clear and I'm auto'ing them anyway so shrug. And not like I have new year's pots to spend or anything... I mean, it'd be my first proper lottery event in AK, so I kinda wanted to do it.

That's the downside to these rerun events. I wonder if we're gonna get another lottery event sometime cause so far ObFes is the only one. It might be another summer event or a holiday event though cause the premise behind this event was a festival where a lottery would fit as a reward mechanic.

joined May 28, 2016

OF-EX4 is really hard. Keep getting my tail kicked even with strategy advice from Eckogen's videos. I got frustrated so I put it down for today.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

That's the downside to these rerun events. I wonder if we're gonna get another lottery event sometime cause so far ObFes is the only one. It might be another summer event or a holiday event though cause the premise behind this event was a festival where a lottery would fit as a reward mechanic.

I'd be down for more lottery events just that I'd prefer if we didn't have to farm a currency as stamina to farm the lottery currency. Just have a separate regular sanity consuming stage to farm lottery currency. It's how FGO does it.

OF-EX4 is really hard. Keep getting my tail kicked even with strategy advice from Eckogen's videos. I got frustrated so I put it down for today.

Not sure what you're having difficulty with but my personal tip is either have more healing defenders (you can borrow a Saria since there is nothing to farm in the EX stages) and/or you can use Ceylon. Put her in the middle and her healing range heals everyone.

Btw, official reveal for Purgatory aka Lava Alter. Still an AoE Caster but she does have nice talent that increases the starting SP for other Casters. Could make nice combo with helidrop Eyja. Her skill 2 looks interesting to use. Also from that gif and in her skill 1, looks like we're getting some interesting enemies this time.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

I'd be down for more lottery events just that I'd prefer if we didn't have to farm a currency as stamina to farm the lottery currency. Just have a separate regular sanity consuming stage to farm lottery currency. It's how FGO does it.

Yes, but FGO did also have 1 event that worked exactly like this one. It was universally hated for how time consuming and annoying it was, so no wonder there wasn't another one. That's why I'm not complaining, because it's not exactly new to me.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

E2'D Jessica for more clue 3 speed. You all do know that promotions increase clue speed, right? I wish the game told us that up front. I am so glad I don't have to manual farm cough fgo cough, but I think I'll change the team for trust farming.

I can change my support list if you need something in particular. Angelina/Eyja should help clear easier you but I can put Saria or Exusiai or whoever.

last edited at Jan 23, 2021 8:46AM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I caved in and got Skadi's skin after all.

Edit: I picked Blaze for my ticket. Did a few rolls and got a ton of 3* operators, my first Sussuro and Nightingale.

last edited at Jan 24, 2021 1:57AM

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

I had difficulty with this event but for once I was able to finish all the stages in an event, including challenge modes. (not counting the really easy Grani event re-run).
I've only bought Gummy Skin since she's the only one of those I have.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Recently checked lofter for updates on my favorite tags: angsty Amiya x W and another from the same artist

Meanwhile from pixiv: Amiya and Ch'en

Nian x Lava and Purgatory

Mudrock x Suzuran which is surprising but they did interact I guess. Same artist also had another art from last year

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I didn't think Lava was that flat. I mean sure she's not big like Blaze or W but that seems a bit too small from looking at her official art. Maybe anyway.

Also I kept losing in the stage despite trying various tactics and even using a friend support so I gave up. It's not worth the frustration just to see a cutscene.

Edit: Got another Top Operator tag and got a Siege dupe. :(

last edited at Jan 26, 2021 7:45AM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Was able to beat up to 4-7 today before stopping. Have unlocked the fourth floor of my base and put the seaside theme there. I barely beat 4-7 in an inelegant manner due to the exploding spiders killing my operators frequently.

joined Jul 26, 2020

If you have Lappland, she silences every enemy she's hitting so she's perfect for dealing with spiders. Either that or use fast redeploy ops to kill one, retreat, kill another before placing down your perma ops.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Ohhh boy, I'm already looking forward to the next next limited banner. They just released the PV for the new New Years event in CN and I pretty much want all of the new operators?

I really like the aesthetics for the art too, it's a very traditional Chinese style that looks amazing. The new furniture set looks sick as well. I wish global can catch up with CN sooner cause I don't want to wait a few months for this event to come to global T_T

joined Apr 30, 2020

I really like the aesthetics for the art too, it's a very traditional Chinese style that looks amazing. The new furniture set looks sick as well. I wish global can catch up with CN sooner cause I don't want to wait a few months for this event to come to global T_T

We may not wait too long. Yostar can't exactly delay Ch. 8 and its limited banner all the way to July since it has new mats. Estimate (as in very speculative) is Ch. 8 will be April/May as part of Golden Week and CN's anniv. Maybe maybe this CNY event and limited banner will be on July instead. That's one year after Nian after all which makes sense imo.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Was able to beat up to 4-7 today before stopping. Have unlocked the fourth floor of my base and put the seaside theme there. I barely beat 4-7 in an inelegant manner due to the exploding spiders killing my operators frequently.

I forgot when you started playing, do you not have Snowsant? She's literally designed to counter exploding slugs.

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Nope. I do have Lappland though.

Today I E2'd both Skadi and Cuora. Am farming 2-6 to (hopefully) get enough mats to M1 her second skill. :)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

New videos nobody watches!

H7-2. I struggled quite a bit with it and now H7-3 is even worse. Also OF-8 and OF-F4 for the lolz, cos I think my runs are pretty unique.

BTW. I swear. Game only crosses tags when I finally get a combination that guarantee something. I got fast-redeployment and it got crossed out. Then I got slow with guard and of course guard got crossed out . And few days ago I got summon and it got crossed out. On the other hand I also recently got support with vanguard, which guarantees Zima and I got her. Seems like she'll be my first max Pot 5*, since I only need 1 more copy of her.

Rye posted:

E2'D Jessica for more clue 3 speed. You all do know that promotions increase clue speed, right?

Yea. I only learned about it, because I read the gamepress article on clue search. Idk if E2'ing Jessica just for clue search was worth it, since it seems only new operators have higher chance the longer they're searching to get specific clue, when it's specifically mention in their description. So using Jessica is still not worth it. Like even when I tried to cheat system with swapping all operators for clue wombo combo I never got the higher chance clue, so I just gave up and use the highest speed search without caring if operator increase chance or not. I was using May for very long time and she almost never gave me clue 2.

I wish the game told us that up front.

YES. AK is a bit better about it, but I still wish so much games would just give us all the stats and data upfront instead of forcing us to use sites for info. Not to mention when the system you use doesn't always work and often is mistaged, like your grade system for enemies stares. No, I'm not letting go of those C's with 550 armor in chapter 7. Or D+ resistance that was higher than C.

I am so glad I don't have to manual farm cough fgo cough

YES x 2. MR already spoiled me with its auto function, though it was far from perfect, but AK's auto deployment is honestly amazing and yurisend.

but I think I'll change the team for trust farming.

I'm doing it for a while with stages I farm all the time.

Also to give Jessica some much needed love.

Ok, that's valid reason.

塞雷娅 posted:

Ohhh boy, I'm already looking forward to the next next limited banner. They just released the PV for the new New Years event in CN and I pretty much want all of the new operators?

I really like the aesthetics for the art too, it's a very traditional Chinese style that looks amazing.

Yea, they're looking really good. I like new Vanguard and Limited OP looks pretty great as well.

I wish global can catch up with CN sooner cause I don't want to wait a few months for this event to come to global T_T

Is it confirmed we want to catch to CN though? Still look at the bright side. I played FGO for 3 years with 2 years gap between JP server and FGO had no intention of closing the gap, so events were the same as in JP for the most part, so having 8-ish months gap with events being shuffled a bit isn't that bad.

last edited at Jan 29, 2021 7:21AM

joined Jul 26, 2020

Saga looks so damn cool, I'm definitely going all in on this banner. Her trait looks really interesting too since it basically feeds other operators SP. In addition to that, her skill 2 works really well in conjunction with her trait and basically boosts how fast it can be up again.

With the skill talk out of the way, I just wanna talk about how amazing her design is cause she's in full traditional garb but with tactical geta and knee pads over her hakama. AND she's using a naginata. Like goddamn she's the coolest operator yet! Her E2 art just pushes that to the top, and her skill animations are sick. Genuinely love everything about her design.

To reply you must either login or sign up.