Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

Being able to search after specific forums would be useful, I think. Like if you want to find out if a forum about [x] already exists or not.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Can we have a bro/third wheel tag?

It's a nice idea, I'm not sure yet though, given how rare it is. Maybe best for the images section ?

Being able to search after specific forums would be useful, I think. Like if you want to find out if a forum about [x] already exists or not.

You can technically do this with Google, by typing "site:dynasty-scans.com" (remove the quotation marks) at the beginning of your search. Or use this template. Sadly it's not perfect, but it is a decent way of searching the site, and it's as good as we'll have for anytime in the near future. Would be a great feature to have integrated into the site, though.

joined Jan 21, 2015

I was going through the recent posts on this thread and I'd like to add my voice to that of the people who requested tags for suicide and a more general content warning. It'd definitely be helpful to many people, including myself. There is one series I'm following that ideally should get warnings for both self-harm and suicidal thoughts in an upcoming volume, and it would be great if we could add those tags before the offending chapters are released for the three people who read that series.

Can we have a bro/third wheel tag?

It's a nice idea, I'm not sure yet though, given how rare it is. Maybe best for the images section ?

"Male ally" maybe?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

"Male ally" maybe?

I think they mean "bro" in a more slang-oriented term, as in someone who's there for you and helps you out.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Will there ever be a time when those of us with quicker tempers than most will be able to simply report a post that breaks forum rules to the mods from the thread it's posted in? Just wanting to know exactly how much I need to simmer down. I went over some of my post history last night and didn't like how quickly I got angry at these people.

joined Jan 21, 2015

"Male ally" maybe?

I think they mean "bro" in a more slang-oriented term, as in someone who's there for you and helps you out.

Yes, that was how I intended it. At least I think so? English fail on my part I guess!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Throbelisk posted:

Will there ever be a time when those of us with quicker tempers than most will be able to simply report a post that breaks forum rules to the mods from the thread it's posted in? Just wanting to know exactly how much I need to simmer down. I went over some of my post history last night and didn't like how quickly I got angry at these people.

I can't speak for when or if we'll be getting a proper report system but in the meantime posting reports in the forum rules thread is a good alternative. Just make sure to link relevant posts and give context in case the mod who gets to it isn't familiar with the overarching thread discussion.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Following the above. As I've mentioned recently, the site is for the first in a long time undergoing some small system updates. While these are necessary and useful for everyone, I don't believe there are currently any plans for larger updates in the near future. Unfortunately, I don't see a report button being a small update, but I do think it would be a great feature, so hopefully I'm off-base with this one.

I was going through the recent posts on this thread and I'd like to add my voice to that of the people who requested tags for suicide and a more general content warning. It'd definitely be helpful to many people, including myself. There is one series I'm following that ideally should get warnings for both self-harm and suicidal thoughts in an upcoming volume, and it would be great if we could add those tags before the offending chapters are released for the three people who read that series.

We hear you. Feel free to get in touch with me on Discord if you wish to give us any sort of advance notice for that series you specified, or any other work for that matter.

joined Jan 21, 2015

We hear you. Feel free to get in touch with me on Discord if you wish to give us any sort of advance notice for that series you specified, or any other work for that matter.

Thanks, will do!

joined Jan 21, 2015

Oh yeah, sorry for the double post but would a Depression tag unrelated to Depressing as fuck be a good idea? Both for people who'd rather avoid it and people interested in seeing it depicted in manga. Or would that be covered by Aaaaaangst?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Oh yeah, sorry for the double post but would a Depression tag unrelated to Depressing as fuck be a good idea? Both for people who'd rather avoid it and people interested in seeing it depicted in manga. Or would that be covered by Aaaaaangst?

I think a Depression tag would only really work if a character in the story had a form of clinical depression, and it was explicitly stated as such. Is there a lot of that?

joined Jan 21, 2015

I think a Depression tag would only really work if a character in the story had a form of clinical depression, and it was explicitly stated as such. Is there a lot of that?

Ah, you're right. I can't think of any officially diagnosed character off the top of my head, and adding a tag would only lead to people armchair-diagnosing fictional characters. Fandom already does that enough. (I totally do it too)

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This artist should be renamed to just Iku
https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/shiroinuchikusyo

joined Sep 18, 2018

Currently a lot of people I work with have completely lost the motivation to translate any images as a result of almost a hundred or more translated comics not having been approved, and for things like the recent Pocky Day and such other things like current events, images only ever seem to get approved weeks later if anything, when they practically don't matter anymore. Is there some assured way I can get proper feedback on submissions and their status around here without a lot of back-and-forth? That aside, generally wondering if having more people approving things would prevent such issues, particularly around the standard times where event-based stuff would matter like AprilFools/Halloween/Christmas etc. Just my two cents for improvements.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

This artist should be renamed to just Iku
https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/shiroinuchikusyo

Given an alias, thanks.

Currently a lot of people I work with have completely lost the motivation to translate any images as a result of almost a hundred or more translated comics not having been approved, and for things like the recent Pocky Day and such other things like current events, images only ever seem to get approved weeks later if anything, when they practically don't matter anymore. Is there some assured way I can get proper feedback on submissions and their status around here without a lot of back-and-forth? That aside, generally wondering if having more people approving things would prevent such issues, particularly around the standard times where event-based stuff would matter like AprilFools/Halloween/Christmas etc. Just my two cents for improvements.

I'm sorry to hear that, that sucks. Images aren't really my territory, but I can say for the time being that there aren't any plans to expand the people working on them. This has never been expressed to me as an issue. We do, (un)fortunately, get dozens if not hundreds of requests per day. In addition, they're generally added on a schedule and have various extra conditions before they're posted. Given the sentiment you've expressed, the most obvious change seems like an increase in uploads per week.

That said, I'll definitely raise this with the appropriate parties and we'll try to work something out. I know it's not what you're looking for, but please do reach out to me on Discord (Orange Pekoe#0863) if you want to discuss this further, or just highlight me anywhere on the Dynasty Discord Server. If that's no good, email also works. Rather than a back-and-forth on specific submissions, I'd be much more interested in developing durable long-term solutions.

last edited at Dec 18, 2020 12:48PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This needs a couple tag: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/teasing_master_yukari_san#26
Like Akira x Ichika or something

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Can we get an Ursula x Sela tag for 23's pictures featuring the two of them? They seem to be tagged on other sites with those names, even though the author's pixiv doesn't.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Can we get an Ursula x Sela tag for 23's pictures featuring the two of them? They seem to be tagged on other sites with those names, even though the author's pixiv doesn't.

I thought it already did.

This needs a couple tag: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/teasing_master_yukari_san#26
Like Akira x Ichika or something

This should be Yukari x Ichika, btw. I mix up sometimes. lol

last edited at Dec 29, 2020 7:44PM

joined Aug 15, 2018

Can we search by most viewed? there is a most popular per week and it displays the view count, so when searching for manga can we sort by view count?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'll pass it along to the boss, thanks.

Can we search by most viewed? there is a most popular per week and it displays the view count, so when searching for manga can we sort by view count?

There's no way of doing that currently...not sure if there ever will be, sorry.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Also known as Moke and Moke
https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/gaton

This is still missing a couple tag: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/teasing_master_yukari_san

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is still missing a couple tag: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/teasing_master_yukari_san

It's not though?

last edited at Jan 2, 2021 2:10PM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Also known as Moke and Moke
https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/gaton

Was one of those Mokes supposed to be Yuzuhara Moke?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

...nice catch. I'll take it.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

It's not though?

I could swear it was when I posted it again.

To reply you must either login or sign up.