Forum › Citrus discussion

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

^ Please tag your spoilers, you use == right next to the text like so qoute my text if you don't understand

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Oh gosh is a mere sex is so damn that bad part? rolling eyes
I bet her meaning of bad is a vanilla flavoured sweety sex full of promises of love
Bad. Yeah, right

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Oh gosh is a mere sex is so damn that bad part? rolling eyes
I bet her meaning of bad is a vanilla flavoured sweety sex full of promises of love
Bad. Yeah, right

Vanilla huh, some things can be done in bed that shouldn't be spoken of to not darken this era we live in, that Mei chick could very well teach a thing or two to the devil himself when playing with his pet succubuses or something, that Yuzu character should prepare for trouble and make it double

joined Aug 1, 2013

Ok no one has said so im gonna ask...what is "3p" ? Is it threesome orrr?

Yes, it means threesome.

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

If this the final volume,maybe something gonna happened but not what most of people think

1341_yui-final
joined Jul 26, 2014

Mei with a man? o_o That almost broke my heart in pieces! NEVER! Ò3Ó/
I love your story so much! I am so excited about their relationship. It is so complicated and still so clear in the end. All these dilemmas and this mysterium called Mei. On the one side she is so cool and keeps her distance. On the other hand she is really demanding and I am sure when they have their first time together, my heart will explode in million pieces of shimmering love (',)

Images%20(1)
joined Aug 5, 2014

The official yuri hime twitter recently revealed a Citrus PV in the making.

This might be a sign of an oncoming anime adaptation hooray!
Yuri Review's post about this: http://yurireviews.blogspot.sg/2014/11/possible-citrus-anime.html

Tumblr_mom2rcrmt01r040i0o1_500
joined Mar 9, 2013

kyaa~ i want chapter 13 so bad!!
would definitely be awesome if this manga turn to an anime~
^^,.

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Yuri Review's post about this: http://yurireviews.blogspot.sg/2014/11/possible-citrus-anime.html

It's here! Citrus Volume 3 Promotional Video. yeahyeahjustaPVthoughstill Source

joined Jul 5, 2014

Sees some images from Chapter 13 raws
Dropping this manga, really can't be bothered with this anymore. Saborouta should just stick to hentai, there's no plot required there.

joined Mar 18, 2014

@TheHaku

Yes I agree! I actually stopped caring about the plot when Matsuri showed up. But seeing how chapter 12 ended, it actually got my hopes up. Now after reading the raws, that's it. I will only read citrus for the art. Screw the plot, lol.
Saburouta should just stick to an art book with NO TEXT WHATSOEVER! I will happy buy each and every book available.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

This might be old news and I missed it but, Seven Seas licensed this manga! Which made my day! :D

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I don´t think those raws deserve that kind of kneejerk reaction, I mean, what were you expecting exactly to happen?

joined Jul 5, 2014

Yuzu rejects Mei's advances, and we see new characters enter the picture, one of which clearly has a thing for Mei. It really doesn't take a genius to figure out what's coming next. I mean, it's happened two times already. Same shit, different character's.

I think the question now is - how many chapters will it take before Mei goes full retard again and makes out with the new chicks.

last edited at Nov 18, 2014 11:07AM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yuzu rejects Mei's advances, and we see new characters enter the picture, one of which clearly has a thing for Mei. It really doesn't take a genius to figure out what's coming next. I mean, it's happened two times already. Same shit, different character's.

I think the question now is - how many chapters will it take before Mei goes full retard again and makes out with the new chicks.

Unless you know japanese you're jumping the gun a little

Yuzu rejecting Mei is logical and consistent with her characterization since it follows her resolution she took when they went to the graveyard together. She wants Mei but not in the way Mei is doing it. The new characters have been for a few pages and unlike Matsuri they don't show any malicious intent, besides, who's to say they aren't the focus on this next arc with Mei and Yuzu taking a backseat?

And I repit, all of this is pure speculation just looking at the pictures. Is better to wait for the actual translations to come up before emit judgement (can I also point out the irony of going looking for the raw despite supposedly not being that interested on the manga?)

joined Jul 5, 2014

Unless you know japanese you're jumping the gun a little

Yuzu rejecting Mei is logical and consistent with her characterization since it follows her resolution she took when they went to the graveyard together. She wants Mei but not in the way Mei is doing it. The new characters have been for a few pages and unlike Matsuri they don't show any malicious intent, besides, who's to say they aren't the focus on this next arc with Mei and Yuzu taking a backseat?

And I repit, all of this is pure speculation just looking at the pictures. Is better to wait for the actual translations to come up before emit judgement (can I also point out the irony of going looking for the raw despite supposedly not being that interested on the manga?)

I don't speak Japanese, no - but I have the uncanny ability to spot patterns in this manga's plot (they're really not that hard to spot).

And when did I say that I was never interested in the manga? I had a lot of interest in it, Volume 1 was fantastic, but I really hold onto the fact that it should have ended there. My interest has simply dwindled to the point of non-existence after volume 2.

I'll check out chapter 13 when it's translated, but if it does head in the direction I think it will, then I'll just drop it until it's completed and see if it's worth picking up. I'm not enough of a masochist to enjoy the repetitive drama Sabo is throwing at us.

last edited at Nov 18, 2014 11:23AM

Dd
joined Sep 22, 2013

Wha Wha Wha Wha What's that end!? I'm too hopeful, I've started to love this series ~ it never gets boring!

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

i know! it was kind of cool the way the PV recapped the first 3 volumes. it too gives me hope that an anime adaptation will be made. plus thanks for posting the links! :-D

@TheHaku - i'm not trying to dismiss your opinion on the direction Citrus' plot will take, but i'm with D_T on this one. it is better to wait for an official translation than to go solely on the pictures and your hunch. btw, where did you see the ch. 13 raws? i searched for them, but did not find a link.

last edited at Nov 21, 2014 11:43PM

joined Jul 8, 2011

I'm so damn tempted to take a glance at chapter 13 raws, but I've waited this long, I can put up with a few more weeks until the next chapter gets translated, right? T___T I've just been keeping myself occupied by checking out Saburouta's Twitter page on a daily basis.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Matsuri's voice slays me, I'm just so happy. Imouto spin-off when?!

L
joined Apr 12, 2014

wow! almost 65k views. do you guys think we're gonna see a citrus anime next year/2016???

joined Jul 5, 2014

wow! almost 65k views. do you guys think we're gonna see a citrus anime next year/2016???

As much as we need more yuri to be animated, please God not Citrus. The only thing saving this manga is its art, making it an anime would kinda make that moot, and therefore suck.

Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

As much as we need more yuri to be animated, please God not Citrus. The only thing saving this manga is its art, making it an anime would kinda make that moot, and therefore suck.

Agreed.
I would prefer an anime adaption of Miss Sunflower, Collectors, Lonely Wolf Lonely Sheep, Notes from the Garden of Lilies, or Aqua Blue Cinema.

Even any of the visual novels Hakuisei Ren'ai Shoukougun, Akai Ito, or Aoi Shiro would be nice.

joined Jul 5, 2014

Agreed.
I would prefer an anime adaption of Miss Sunflower, Collectors, Lonely Wolf Lonely Sheep, Notes from the Garden of Lilies, or Aqua Blue Cinema.

Even any of the visual novels Hakuisei Ren'ai Shoukougun, Akai Ito, or Aoi Shiro would be nice.

There are a lot of better options.
I wouldn't even mind something that has less emphasis on the yuri, but takes it above a subtext level. Something along the lines of 'Stray Little Devil' for example. It's an action at heart, but with a satisfying yuri subplot that actually delivers.

I could list hundreds more far more suitable than Citrus.

About Aoi Shiro though, for me that would depend on the route they chose. They made a pretty big mistake in the manga with who they chose as the love interest... I'd love to see the Kohaku route animated, though. She was my favourite :3

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 7:00PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Citrus anime now please!!!!!!!

As a yuri fan you should be entirely for this idea. Trashy marketable yuri becoming an anime? Good for the industry! More interest in yuri!
Trashy marketable yuri anime appeals to trashy mainstream audience? Good for the industry! New yuri fans!
Trashy marketable yuri anime sells to said mainstream audience? Good for the industry! An actual yuri show sells, meaning more yuri anime!

Yuri begets yuri. Meaning a new yuri anime, especially one that may do well, is always a good thing if you want more yuri.

Bow down and let Citrus save the industry!!!!!!!

(Ahem. I'm only being moderately facetious.)

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 7:04PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.